Sponsored

Car Seats and My Mustang Dream

jdherder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someday a Mustang hopefully
I'll start by saying I don't have a mustang, but most of my life I've dreamed of having one. I'm finally in a position where I might be able to make that happen. I actually really like the new style introduced in 2015 and that's the year I'm looking at buying.

Here's the thing. My wife and I are starting the (infant) adoption process, this will be our first child. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about that, but what are the implications of this on my Mustang dream?

Do any of you have a 2015 that you've driven using infant car seats? We also have a Ford Escape so I'd probably only use my car (with a kid) for morning daycare runs. I'd like to hear from some people with experience doing this, if you're out there. Thanks!
Sponsored

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I have a nephew and a niece that I pick up from school every now and then.. one is 12 the other 10.. the rear bucket seats fit them perfectly and they like the stang..

Now as for babies and car seats, I have zero experience in that regard. I will say tho, if you already have a 2nd car, what's the issue?

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
There's plenty of room for them ... The big pain is getting it in/out of the rear seat in a two-door car. It really is a huge pain in the butt.
You might consider a Focus ST for a higher performance 4-door.
That said, if you can put up with the hassle, the baby seat will fit and as the get just a little older, kids tend to LOVE acceleration. :) :)

tony8211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium CS
No problem

I have a 6 yr old and a 3 yr old. I drop off my 6 yr old every day to school. I have a Graco convertible car seat in back that stays installed all of the time that they both fit inside. Getting them in and out of the car isn't as easy as with my wife's explorer, but it isn't hard either. I wasn't willing to give ip on my dream of a mustang and now that I've daily driven it for a month I am very glad I didn't.

Sponsored

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I too have a permanent car seat in the back for my 3 yr old and a booster for my 7 yr old. It is a pain to get her in and out - more only when it's 20 degrees out. I wouldn't sweat the car seat dilemma. Get the car and enjoy it - you'll be happy you did.

SebringS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6
I have a one week old son. We have the Uppababy Mesa rear facing infant seat/base. It must go behind the passenger seat and, when in place, the passenger seat must go all the way forward and then can move back *one* click. It would be very tight w a passenger. As a family, we take the wife's car when it is the 3 of us. When it is just the guys, we take mine.

It's tight but it works and I am not giving up the Mustang. Best of luck w the adpotion process and car shopping.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
babies can come and go but mustang is....

(someone finish that sentence?)

SebringS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6
... what I need to stay sane after JUST changing 2 diapers ...

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Don't let a child dictate your car choice. The Mustang has a rear seat, so its not like you bought a 2 seat Miata, 370z, Corvette, etc.

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
I bought a mustang over other vehicle because this was one of the calculating factor for me. My daughter (2 y/o) loved riding in the back until I installed my Corsa. She doesn't go near the car anymore. But she's slowly growing her interest again and is slowly getting over the fear lol.

I also have a graco fixed car seat for her. Fits nice and snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
My kid is almost 5 months now. The only thing that sucks with the seat in. Is that you have to have the front seat almost all the way up. This makes the front seat hard to use. Unless it's for a small person. But when it's just me and him no problems at all. We are both very comfortable. When it's the 3 of us we use the wife's SUV. Maybe I'll take a video of putting the seat in and out of the car.

OP
OP

jdherder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Someday a Mustang hopefully
Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. Inconvenient is something I can deal with, as long as it's possible (and it sounds like it is). And yeah any more pictures/videos/comments are more than welcome.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
it can be done, but if you are using a mustang as your families #1 kid transport, I would get a different car.

I waited until my kids were both out of car seats and boosters before getting back to a 2 door coupe.

Plenty of decent 4 door cars out there. Parenting comes first.
Sponsored