Sponsored

My collision..

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
My question is how did the dudes trying to rob you open the door? Weren't they locked? I'm pretty sure mine auto-locks the doors as soon as I get rolling.
Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
My question is how did the dudes trying to rob you open the door? Weren't they locked? I'm pretty sure mine auto-locks the doors as soon as I get rolling.
I think in a accident they unlock, but he was not moving, so they would have been unlocked anyway.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
I think in a accident they unlock, but he was not moving, so they would have been unlocked anyway.
Not sure about the first part, but that second part certainly isn't true. My car definitely does not unlock when I come to a stop, nor would I want it too. And he was moving prior to stopping on the freeway, so the doors should have been locked.

I can see the car purposefully unlocking in the event of a collision, but I'd almost rather have the option to disable that feature so the EMT's have to break the window to open the door...especially if I lived in an area where people are trying to rob you like that.

navair133

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang Eco/PP; 2003 Porsche Boxster
Man, so sorry to hear about your harrowing experience. Glad you were not injured.

Nothing good happens at 3:00 in the morning-especially in the IE! :frusty:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
While giving information to operator several people came to my car to check on me. Someone opened the door and 3 guys proceeded to check my pockets for my wallet and valuables while I'm lying there! One of the guys was attempting to yank the phone from my hand while I was using it. After brush them away they took off after seeing emergency personnel arriving.
UNBELIEVABLE!!! :tsk: :mad: Some people are real shit.
I'm glad that you are fine and not hurt. Thank the God for that.

Glad your ok...Gotta love Cali...watched a guy take the sneakers off a dudes feet that got hit by a car in Fresno, never mind the fact that the guy was prob dead from going headfirst into a windshield...and people wonder why I hate cities.
Same here. Lots of scum wondering around.
Unbelievable. :tsk: :mad:

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Guys, just a friendly reminder that criminals are not exclusive to California...

Glad you're OK, though, ponyup. Encouraging to hear how well the Mustang held up, too.

OP
OP
ponyup

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
I opened the door because I saw fluid on the ground thinking it was gasoline. When I saw that it appeared to be radiator fluid from his car I turned my attention to talking to the 911 operator that the car dialed up. That's when company approached.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I opened the door because I saw fluid on the ground thinking it was gasoline. When I saw that it appeared to be radiator fluid from his car I turned my attention to talking to the 911 operator that the car dialed up. That's when company approached.
where did they come from? did the three guys exit a stopped vehicle, try to go through your pockets and take your phone and then get back in a vehicle and depart ? Was there witnesses for the accident ?

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Glad your ok, how disgusting of those guys trying to rob someone in need of help. Bullet to their head would of been justified.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ponyup

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
I don't know where they came from, several cars stopped..they tried to steal from me but they did not get anything. I was pushed into the next lane where I hit a Ford Explorer. The driver of that vehicle was able to provide information as she was coming to a stop when I struck her..I was able to see that she kept watch over the guy that hit me while I was on the gurney...she was not about to let him get away. She was able to provide information about the accident. The thieves were only on scene briefly.

RubyRed216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Sorry to hear about your car man and what happened after the accident, glad you are ok though!

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Guys, just a friendly reminder that criminals are not exclusive to California...

No but I've had more run ins with criminals and gangbangers in the 2 years I lived in Fresno(California) going to college then my whole life at that point. Mind you I grew up in rural Mississippi so its a culture shock for sure but when a homeboy puts a 9mm to your head just cuze your white it is an experience you never forget and kinda colors your opinions on cities and the state your in.

Plus if you ever watch movies all the bad things start in cities.

In California's defense they have some of the most beautiful landscapes up in the mountains and hill you could ask for. Rock climbing in Yosemite is amazing.

defdans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Wow, that's crazy. Glad you're ok. So why wouldn't the airbags have gone off?

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
i'm not an insurance adjuster, but i don't think that is going to buff out.....

on a serious note, holy shit. glad you are ok!!
Sponsored