Sponsored

My collision..

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
Thank Goodness you survived!
too bad sanctuary state (California) has 10 round magazine restriction...
I've seen plenty of people rob/loot scene of accident. These are the same low lives that will riot and loot during protests.
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Yesterday just before 3:00 a.m. I was driving through Riverside California alone and road crew was closing some lanes so I moved to the fast lane and stopped with traffic. While stopped a mid 90's Camry plowed into me at 65 mph without even braking. My car was lifted and thrown into the the next lane over to be struck by another car and I was pushed into the car in front of me as well. Within seconds of the crash the car called emergency services even though no airbags were deployed. The restraints did their job because I did not hit the steering wheel. The seat back was collapsed in semi reclining position. While giving information to operator several people came to my car to check on me. Someone opened the door and 3 guys proceeded to check my pockets for my wallet and valuables while I'm lying there! One of the guys was attempting to yank the phone from my hand while I was using it. After brush them away they took off after seeing emergency personnel arriving. I did not know how injured I was so I stayed put. The motorist that hit me approached me and told me he was the one who hit me and that he just bought the car that day and had no insurance and license. He then ask me if I would go with him to side of a freeway and follow him to an ATM to retrieve all $140 to his name to compensate me for damages...I declined. He was arrested on the scene for DUI. By then help arrived and they hauled me off to the ER. I was admitted in serious condition but had no bleeding. They did xrays and an MRI and concluded that I suffered no injuries. Just lots of bruising and would be sore for a good week (I am). I was told by the first CHP officer that I should not have survived the collision. Here are some before and after pictures of my Performance Plus Premium Ecoboost. One thing that really impressed me is how intact the passenger compartment was. Both doors opened freely despite all the damage. The fuel tank did not rupture. I know I was very lucky but I'm convinced engineering save my life as well...This car saved my life last night
Glad you're ok. You should see if they can run footage of the scene from traffic cams or car cams to see who tried to steal your stuff off your person.

Also, I'm surprised the CHP officer said what he said. These cars are made to survive high speed impacts and since you were hit from the rear I think that's better then a head on collison. Obviously if the car exploded that's a whole other story.

Yes engineering saved your life & so did the IIHS and their strict requirements.

There are a lot of people driving without insurance, it's scary. That's one reason I still have uninsured motorist coverage on my old beater. At least I could replace it with something with 4 wheels.
If you drive without insurance you should pay a massive fine/do jail time. Add in all the people who have illegal licenses/aren't supposed to be here, especially in CA and you have big issues with people who can't pay in an accident, you end up footing the bill and all our rates go up.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
... too bad sanctuary state (California) has 10 round magazine restriction...
I've seen plenty of people rob/loot scene of accident. These are the same low lives that will riot and loot during protests.
guns & ammo can easily be more loot for the looters.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Seriously? People tried to rob you? WTF is wrong with people.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If people are scavenging from accident scenes like that, imagine what those same people would be like during a real disaster scenario. Unbelievable.
Good reason to have lots of guns and ammo on hand. :D

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Glad your OK. This stuff pisses me off. Not saying your case of attenped robbery was anything other then opportunity, but this stuff is often staged, mostly in parking lot type areas. Hope you heal up fast.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think there is any official crash test for rear end collisions like this anyway - maybe there should be.

But this thread shows the S550 can take a good hit from the rear.
IIHS has a rear impact crash that tests whiplash. Mustang gets a Green but the test is around 35-40 mph. High speed crashes that double or triple the forces are way out of scope.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
IIHS has a rear impact crash that tests whiplash. Mustang gets a Green but the test is around 35-40 mph. High speed crashes that double or triple the forces are way out of scope.
Isn't that test done just on the seat for it's own structural integrity? Wonder why they don't actually do a full scale vehicle rear end test to determine such things as gas tank integrity, rear seating compartment integrity, etc.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Sponsored

uglygun

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 289 2v, 95 Cobra, 05 GT, 15 GT Perf Pack
That is so comforting.

I drive armed. God forbid I get knocked unconscious in a similar accident and first people to the car are robbing me and stealing my gun.

Because if I was conscious they might just get it bullets first.

Hood rat opportunist scum of the earth. Welcome to the new America.

Don's Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR Mustang GT Premium PP
Wow, I had a similar accident occur to me while i was in a 2008 E350 ambulance. Dead stop at a light and was rear ended by a guy going 60 MPH. Long story short I suffered strains to my neck and back and he put himself in a coma and later passed away a week after accident.

I just can't believe someone tried to rob you after an accident. Glad your not seriously injured but do yourself a favor and go to physical therapy because you will more then likely have lingering injuries if you do not. It was the best thing I did after my accident. I threw away the Codeine and just used Motrin and the prescribed muscle relaxer. Good luck with everything dude.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What area were you driving in that you got hit by an alcoholic with no insurance and almost robbed by 3 people? It sounds like mega poor-ville.
Yeah, my question too. WTF kind of area was it that a drunk hits you, and then 3 people try and strip you of your belongings after the accident?

'Cause I'ma gonna avoid that place.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah, my question too. WTF kind of area was it that a drunk hits you, and then 3 people try and strip you of your belongings after the accident?

'Cause I'ma gonna avoid that place.

type of place you don't venture out after dark, or at least after midnight

CrazedAntelope

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Premium PP
Sorry to hear this story.

Does anybody else find it fishy how the guy in a shitty old camry was able to strike you at 65mph head on with enough force to lift up your mustang and then proceed to go to the ATM? If all this is true, that is damn impressive for the camry's level of safety, more so than the mustang.
Sponsored