Sponsored

My collision..

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Glad to see that you are okay. My twin brother and I went through the same type of wreck as you did last fall. Our accidents were 30 days apart. We both upgraded to S550's. Both cars were totaled.

Sponsored

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
In a serious accident, the S550 will call 911, activate the 4 ways and unlock the doors for first responders. Its just shitty luck that the first responders weren't the ones you needed, or expected. If you had been carrying, you would have been disarmed by the police before being taking away in the ambulance. I had a friend that had this happen. It tool him over a year to get his gun back because in California you have to have an FFL involved to transfer a firearm. Because law enforcement is not a licensed FFL, they cant just return it to you. After getting a lawyer and stall tactics he finally got it back. I'm glad I moved out of Kalifornia and now live in Idaho.

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
Glad you are ok. I love California, can drive my Boss year round....could surf in the morning, snow ski in the afternoon and be out in the desert later that day....

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
No but I've had more run ins with criminals and gangbangers in the 2 years I lived in Fresno(California) going to college then my whole life at that point. Mind you I grew up in rural Mississippi so its a culture shock for sure but when a homeboy puts a 9mm to your head just cuze your white it is an experience you never forget and kinda colors your opinions on cities and the state your in.

Plus if you ever watch movies all the bad things start in cities.

In California's defense they have some of the most beautiful landscapes up in the mountains and hill you could ask for. Rock climbing in Yosemite is amazing.
I'd recommend looking up the term "anecdotal evidence".

Also, what you're describing is the difference between city and rural living, not the difference between California and Texas.

That said, I'll take a slightly higher chance of being mugged over a complete lack of diversity in people, job options, landscapes, living choices, etc. Cities all day, everyday... except when I want to go to the track.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You should see if they can run footage of the scene from traffic cams or car cams to see who tried to steal your stuff off your person.
"Car cams" & "Traffic cams"? Do you think this is a thing? Do you think it should be a thing? Everything being recorded by everyone, all the time? And you think LEAs have the resources to go after POS thieves like that?

If you drive without insurance you should pay a massive fine/do jail time. Add in all the people who have illegal licenses/aren't supposed to be here, especially in CA and you have big issues with people who can't pay in an accident, you end up footing the bill and all our rates go up.
They let people out on no-cash bail that are awaiting trial for serious, violent offenses. The courts will not jail people for no insurance, they don't even jail people who murder others, deal drugs, and illegally carry firearms.

As far as Cali & illegals.....they made their bed, they get to sleep in it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cechk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
In a serious accident, the S550 will call 911, activate the 4 ways and unlock the doors for first responders. Its just shitty luck that the first responders weren't the ones you needed, or expected. If you had been carrying, you would have been disarmed by the police before being taking away in the ambulance. I had a friend that had this happen. It tool him over a year to get his gun back because in California you have to have an FFL involved to transfer a firearm. Because law enforcement is not a licensed FFL, they cant just return it to you. After getting a lawyer and stall tactics he finally got it back. I'm glad I moved out of Kalifornia and now live in Idaho.
FFLs are only needed when Transferring ownership but I don't commiefornia to comprehend that.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
holy crap. people tried to steal your stuff as you crawled out of the wreck. humanity is so sad most of the time. like sick and sad....

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
I'd recommend looking up the term "anecdotal evidence".

Also, what you're describing is the difference between city and rural living, not the difference between California and Texas.

That said, I'll take a slightly higher chance of being mugged over a complete lack of diversity in people, job options, landscapes, living choices, etc. Cities all day, everyday... except when I want to go to the track.
My experience is enough evidence for me and personally thats all I care about, you can point out the difference in "evidence" all you want. The fact that the OP had an attempted mugging proves the point in my mind. Also I am currently living in Rural WV and some places are just crap holes...WV is one of them due to the drug problems. So its not just a difference between rural and city. Bad is bad

Not sure where you think cites are the only place you can find diversity and job options...landscapes must be a joke since cites all look the same and living choices..seriously..unless your somewhat well off you dont get much choice. More then a slightly highe5r chance of crime as well.... You should get out more and broaden your world view...seems kinda small.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. Seriously glad your ok.

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your friend should have sued the cops for grand theft(sue each officer personally while dragging them into court). Where were these valiant officers when the OP was being robbed?

On a different note, a local metro cop was recently arrested and convicted for pulling people over and shaking them down for $. These days it seems most cops are a bunch of bums, not all, but alot of them. But we do have some decent LEO's that frequent this board.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Your friend should have sued the cops for grand theft(sue each officer personally while dragging them into court). Where were these valiant officers when the OP was being robbed? .

This is what basically ended up happening. By the3m taking possession of the firearm "For safe keeping" and not returning it, it was consistent with theft. After it all was said and done and dragged out and stalled, it took almost a year to get it back. In California, if you pawn your own firearm, in order to get it back, you need to do a background check. If there is something that happened to you while it was in pawn, you can lose your gun.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
damn dude that story was terrible to hear. im glad you are okay and your mustang kept you alive but damn im sorry bro.

lazarus870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't know where they came from, several cars stopped..they tried to steal from me but they did not get anything. I was pushed into the next lane where I hit a Ford Explorer. The driver of that vehicle was able to provide information as she was coming to a stop when I struck her..I was able to see that she kept watch over the guy that hit me while I was on the gurney...she was not about to let him get away. She was able to provide information about the accident. The thieves were only on scene briefly.
I'm so sorry to hear that happened.
I really want to know what those fuckers looked like.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Illegals. Or liberals. Probably both.
Liberal here. Wasn't me. I wasn't there. I live in Virginia. Have served in the military since 1991. I own guns liberally. I drive my Gt350 liberally. I have sex liberally. I love the liberty of America. Live and let live!
:cheers:
Sponsored