Front end collision

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I just slide out on brine (liquid salt ) and being a licensed dz driver that drives a salt/plow truck in the winter and has taken the courses ABOUT salt brine I know for a FACT it had NO business being put down in 5 degrees above freezing with NO snow warning in effect and NOT in THAT amount. Any way it's done ... my baby (2013 gt500 cobra ) ate and spit out a pole .... Now the insurance adjusters are DYING to put it as a total loss SO much so that before they even SAW my car they tried to send it for "salvage". I strongly believe IF I let that happen I'll see my baby fixed and for sale within the new couple months. So please give it to me straight boys (I'm 32 blonde and a girl that has always had full control on my spins in my 662 horse 631 pounds a torque baby that makes everyone s head turn) so being my first accident .... I could really use some solid advice before I'm contacted again or run out of time to make a decision. What do you guys think? Fixable? Price? I live in Canada and had to get on a list to get her so I highly doubt I can replace her .... So I'm hoping asking the pro s will bring me some good advice thank u in advice
IMG_20191105_1550051.jpg
I have been an adjuster for a long time and your car is totaled. I can see both front rails swayed to the right in your picture. As far back as that apron is on the left that upper rail is probably toast as well. It would be a massive repair if it wasn't totaled and a repair that size is going to tank its value, you want it totaled.
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
1. Hope you are ok health wise, without ones health we have nothing, get checked out.

2. Sorry for your damaged Stang, that really stinks, car looks totaled to me, you should get a replacement via the insurance.

3, Audi drivers are the worse, lol.

TC

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I have been an adjuster for a long time and your car is totaled. I can see both front rails swayed to the right in your picture. As far back as that apron is on the left that upper rail is probably toast as well. It would be a massive repair if it wasn't totaled and a repair that size is going to tank its value, you want it totaled.

^^^ Agree.

It’s not only totaled due to the damages, but considering the year of the vehicle and whatever mileage it has on it, if the crash damage has exceeded the cost to repair of 72%-77% of the Black Book value, it’s done.

I don’t know your situation, however there are options IF you own the car outright:
When you speak to your Insurance Agent, discuss a fair insurance settlement for the total loss. If you agree to the value they offer - then ask them if you can buy the car back (keep it). Usually what will happen is they will let you but deduct ACV from the payout.

So in simple terms using random figures:
Insurance Totals vehicle and payout is: $10,000
Customer wants to buy back the vehicle; Ins. Co. tells customer they can buy it back and says in order to do so, the cost is $1,000.00 based on ACV. So they will deduct an additional $1k from the settlement check, you get $9,000 and you get to keep the car.

This can work in your favor:
You bank the initial Ins. settlement amount and since you still have the car, you can opt to part it out, sell it as is or buy a donor body, swap all good parts from the wreck to the donor vehicle and junk the wrecked shell.

You *could* essentially double your settlement if you kept the car and parted or sold it whole as is...

Many people don’t know the above is possible, especially on vehicles they own outright that were involved in a total loss claim. Most just take the settlement payout and the Ins. Co. walks away with their car AND THEN does the same exact thing noted above... So even though they cut you a check, now they’re trying to recoup some of that payout by auctioning off the wreck to salvage facilities OR rebuilders.

My2013shelbygt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby gt 500
I m sure this is probably going to make you guys laugh ummm... I can't tell if your referring to my car or the original poster (and SO sorry for your loss as well I feel your pain and HOPE you are ok physically!) Either way that is sound advice about if it's a total loss to keep the car and get a body and I would really actually enjoy fixing it myself (tho you guys might get about a hundred questions through out that time as to how to properly go about it but I have the shop and tools unfortunately just lost my brother so without him I do NOT have the knowledge ) clearly I don't know what an apron is and I'm not totally sure where the second sway bar would be or is So I'm just unsure if you guys are referring to my pic or not anywho thank u again and fingers crossed one day I'll be able to post a new pic of her intact and looking like her bad self again take care and feel free to message me ANY info in this case would be highly appreciated

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I m sure this is probably going to make you guys laugh ummm... I can't tell if your referring to my car or the original poster (and SO sorry for your loss as well I feel your pain and HOPE you are ok physically!) Either way that is sound advice about if it's a total loss to keep the car and get a body and I would really actually enjoy fixing it myself (tho you guys might get about a hundred questions through out that time as to how to properly go about it but I have the shop and tools unfortunately just lost my brother so without him I do NOT have the knowledge ) clearly I don't know what an apron is and I'm not totally sure where the second sway bar would be or is So I'm just unsure if you guys are referring to my pic or not anywho thank u again and fingers crossed one day I'll be able to post a new pic of her intact and looking like her bad self again take care and feel free to message me ANY info in this case would be highly appreciated
Keeping the car is unlikely to be profitable, it will be a salvage title and the the cost the retain/fix the car will likely exceed whatever value is left once its back together. Best choice is to take the check and find another with a clear title.

My2013shelbygt500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jen
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby gt 500
Keeping the car is unlikely to be profitable, it will be a salvage title and the the cost the retain/fix the car will likely exceed whatever value is left once its back together. Best choice is to take the check and find another with a clear title.
Thank you VERY much, I think I didn't wanna lose my car as more of an emotional thing but that makes complete sense because with THAT title .... I highly doubt it's one that can easily be changed back and I see what your saying as the numbers are coming in its more and more to fix and it may NEVER be up to par. Again thank u for your help and if anyone hears of any 2013 grabber blue black strip Shelbys for sale with all the packages available minus the led nav screen please let me know :) have a great day and pony on lol
Sponsored