Sponsored

My collision..

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Yesterday just before 3:00 a.m. I was driving through Riverside California alone and road crew was closing some lanes so I moved to the fast lane and stopped with traffic. While stopped a mid 90's Camry plowed into me at 65 mph without even braking. My car was lifted and thrown into the the next lane over to be struck by another car and I was pushed into the car in front of me as well. Within seconds of the crash the car called emergency services even though no airbags were deployed. The restraints did their job because I did not hit the steering wheel. The seat back was collapsed in semi reclining position. While giving information to operator several people came to my car to check on me. Someone opened the door and 3 guys proceeded to check my pockets for my wallet and valuables while I'm lying there! One of the guys was attempting to yank the phone from my hand while I was using it. After brush them away they took off after seeing emergency personnel arriving. I did not know how injured I was so I stayed put. The motorist that hit me approached me and told me he was the one who hit me and that he just bought the car that day and had no insurance and license. He then ask me if I would go with him to side of a freeway and follow him to an ATM to retrieve all $140 to his name to compensate me for damages...I declined. He was arrested on the scene for DUI. By then help arrived and they hauled me off to the ER. I was admitted in serious condition but had no bleeding. They did xrays and an MRI and concluded that I suffered no injuries. Just lots of bruising and would be sore for a good week (I am). I was told by the first CHP officer that I should not have survived the collision. Here are some before and after pictures of my Performance Plus Premium Ecoboost. One thing that really impressed me is how intact the passenger compartment was. Both doors opened freely despite all the damage. The fuel tank did not rupture. I know I was very lucky but I'm convinced engineering save my life as well...This car saved my life last night
16684105_10155247537851535_3929511026934969669_n.jpg
SpC2sSmg.jpg
xG6Tg5Jg.jpg
v025wURg.jpg
9qldy0W.jpg
Bu4GOg5.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Glad your ok...Gotta love Cali...watched a guy take the sneakers off a dudes feet that got hit by a car in Fresno, never mind the fact that the guy was prob dead from going headfirst into a windshield...and people wonder why I hate cities.

BTW Pics didnt show

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yesterday just before 3:00 a.m. I was driving through Riverside California alone and road crew was closing some lanes so I moved to the fast lane and stopped with traffic. While stopped a mid 90's Camry plowed into me at 65 mph without even braking. My car was lifted and thrown into the the next lane over to be struck by another car and I was pushed into the car in front of me as well. Within seconds of the crash the car called emergency services even though no airbags were deployed. The restraints did their job because I did not hit the steering wheel. The seat back was collapsed in semi reclining position. While giving information to operator several people came to my car to check on me. Someone opened the door and 3 guys proceeded to check my pockets for my wallet and valuables while I'm lying there! One of the guys was attempting to yank the phone from my hand while I was using it. After brush them away they took off after seeing emergency personnel arriving. I did not know how injured I was so I stayed put. The motorist that hit me approached me and told me he was the one who hit me and that he just bought the car that day and had no insurance and license. He then ask me if I would go with him to side of a freeway and follow him to an ATM to retrieve all $140 to his name to compensate me for damages...I declined. He was arrested on the scene for DUI. By then help arrived and they hauled me off to the ER. I was admitted in serious condition but had no bleeding. They did xrays and an MRI and concluded that I suffered no injuries. Just lots of bruising and would be sore for a good week (I am). I was told by the first CHP officer that I should not have survived the collision. Here are some before and after pictures of my Performance Plus Premium Ecoboost. One thing that really impressed me is how intact the passenger compartment was. Both doors opened freely despite all the damage. The fuel tank did not rupture. I know I was very lucky but I'm convinced engineering save my life as well...This car saved my life last night.

ZeVFByA.jpg

SpC2sSm.jpg

xG6Tg5J.jpg

v025wUR.jpg

v025wUR.jpg

Bu4GOg5.jpg

A very harrowing story! Glad you're okay.

Pictures don't work but that can be fixed, and the car can be replaced...also...

The motorist that hit me approached me and told me he was the one who hit me and that he just bought the car that day and had no insurance and license. He then ask me if I would go with him to side of a freeway and follow him to an ATM to retrieve all $140 to his name to compensate me for damages...I declined. He was arrested on the scene for DUI.

He is remarkably, incredibly screwed.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Clad you are still with us and that the 6g mustangs are a safe car. The main reason I drive one is crash ratings just in case.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. Glad you are ok and here posting. People complain so much about how heavy cars are these days, but they sure do a great job protecting us meat sacks. Hopefully all will be righted financially and you'll be in another Mustang soon. Get well.

Side note...another set of reasons to not live in CA. Too many uninsured and wtf with the people combing you over after the crash?

Sponsored

p51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver GT w/ PP
Glad you survived with no injuries no less from what sounds like a holy crap worst case scenario. Here's hoping you can get in something as good as the car that kept you safe.

5-0 in a 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium M6
Glad you're safe brother! The car can be replaced and hopefully you'll be in a new stang soon!

OP
OP
ponyup

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
What the easy fix?
..I'm not finding the solution...I can see the pictures..thanks.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
They're scum and hoping to steal his shit.
I gathered that, but what the F? Not even human as far as I'm concerned. That's what insects and piranhas do...

Sponsored

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Man sorry about the car and glad to hear you are uninjured. What is up with shitbags tying to rob you right after that? That's almost unfathomable for me to imagine really happening unless you were in the ghetto or something.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Glad you're ok! Time for a new stang

And also that is crazy how desperate people are on the west coast... never seen any scavengers when we see big accidents here in NYC at least
Sponsored