My cat died from a heart attack tonight

kindy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1 JFG
That’s horrible sorry for your loss. My cats mean the world to me.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Wow, that is awful. Don't blame yourself for not being there. It would be quite unusual for a cat to die from being scared unless they had some underlying health issue like cardiomyopathy.

I'll give my 14 year old outdoor cat some extra kibble today in your little buddies honor.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Sorry for your loss. It's never easy. Lost a cat that I took care of at work a year ago and I still look for her every morning to run out when I open the shop door.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Ah shit man, sorry for your loss.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
So sorry to hear this. Very hard.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if there was pre existing, about once or twice month he throws up from a hairball, which he did have a throw up spot yesterday morning. but he was running around playing etc like normal. his food bowl was eaten, had fresh water.

The only variable was fireworks, a lot of them.

D58FCA3F-2523-458A-BCD4-AC3F2FC64F8D_zpseblgnnjs.jpg

1625504023395.jpeg

52263860_10157291016698923_3381948259227402240_n_10157291016693923.jpg

Last edited:

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Just came across your thread and I am at a loss for words. Time will heal but for now, this is truly a void that can not be filled. I wish you well during these sad times and from the outpouring of support we all feel your pain. Take care!
:)
Now take the stang out for some downtime to help keep your mind off of this tragedy.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Just came across your thread and I am at a loss for words. Time will heal but for now, this is truly a void that can not be filled. I wish you well during these sad times and from the outpouring of support we all feel your pain. Take care!
:)
Now take the stang out for some downtime to help keep your mind off of this tragedy.
its just been a terrible month, so many financial losses, car wreck, then mustang hail damage, other financial stuff, then my cat passing. literally back to back to back. but I honestly would of given the mustang up to save that little guy hands fricken down. I just woke up since I buried him at 6am with his toys in the backyard and im just, broken down for now. it was so bonded to me that I wish I could of prevented it.

I hope it was quick. thats all I can say. I hope he didn't suffer

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
I don't know if there was pre existing, about once or twice month he throws up from a hairball, which he did have a throw up spot yesterday morning. but he was running around playing etc like normal. his food bowl was eaten, had fresh water.

The only variable was fireworks, a lot of them.

D58FCA3F-2523-458A-BCD4-AC3F2FC64F8D_zpseblgnnjs.jpg
52263860_10157291016698923_3381948259227402240_n_10157291016693923.jpg
Beautiful...ours has a preexisting condition which is IBD (inflamed bowel disease) that comes with routine vomiting and just today we made a vet visit because I notice a little blood in her throw-up from 2 days ago. Waiting on lab reports just in case.

Maggie and Kittie.jpg

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
He’s indoor outdoor, we was gone for a few hours and came home and found him on the rug on way to my room, warm. He had a heart attack from the fireworks. He had a little bit of urine on his leg, like he was running and scared is what I can gather

my heart is broken. He was 5 and healthy as can be, my room mate just saw him few hours earlier before he fell asleep.

walked in and saw him laying there, not a mark on his body. Absolutely broke my heart. I’m destroyed right now. He’s been afraid with all the Juneteenth fireworks and the recent fireworks but he usually cuddles on me and gf to calm down but we wasn’t here.
I'm sorry for your loss :( it's terrible and i know exactly how you feel :(. Nothing crushes me like when a pet passes away, especially when it's before their time and when they're like your shadow.

I know it's hard now but try and think of the good memories and all the selfless love your little fuzzer has given you over the years.

I lost one of my boys a little over 4 years ago. I had a rock made for him and I keep it in the garden in his memory.

20210705_134314.jpg

Sponsored

S550VIN54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
its just been a terrible month, so many financial losses, car wreck, then mustang hail damage, other financial stuff, then my cat passing. literally back to back to back. but I honestly would of given the mustang up to save that little guy hands fricken down. I just woke up since I buried him at 6am with his toys in the backyard and im just, broken down for now. it was so bonded to me that I wish I could of prevented it.

They say what doesn't kill us will only make us stronger but life sure has a way of testing our strength. My last girl was 17 and that was gut-wrenching as she was there with me through it all divorce, family death, etc. and the kicker was we were on a trip in Greece when our vet called who was watching her because she had to be given fluids(renal failure) called 2 days later said she wasn't doing well and we needed to make a decision (life or death).

So we are on the next flight back to make the hardest decision I have ever had to make. It still makes me sad to this day....6 wks later after putting her down I couldn't take it anymore so I had to have another one but I wanted one to look as close to her as possible and that came true but she will never be same as our first but she has filled our hearts with lots of happiness.

Stay strong my friend!

Last edited:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
He’s indoor outdoor, we was gone for a few hours and came home and found him on the rug on way to my room, warm. He had a heart attack from the fireworks. He had a little bit of urine on his leg, like he was running and scared is what I can gather

my heart is broken. He was 5 and healthy as can be, my room mate just saw him few hours earlier before he fell asleep.

walked in and saw him laying there, not a mark on his body. Absolutely broke my heart. I’m destroyed right now. He’s been afraid with all the Juneteenth fireworks and the recent fireworks but he usually cuddles on me and gf to calm down but we wasn’t here.
Wow. So sorry. We have a 9 yo pit. She’s very scared of fireworks, thunderstorms and has been since we got her at 8 months Old. People dont realize the stress this puts on some pets. My heart hurts for you.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

We had to put down our bischon in 2014. He was 16-1/2. our pit was about 2 at the time and helped us get through it but it was still hard. He was failing for a while but that still doesn’t make it easy. Stay strong and remember the good times And be happy you found each other. he’ll always be a part of you.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Man, that is terrible.
So sorry for your loss.

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
So sorry 😢,Oreo Cookie is my 12 year old boy, I know what it’s like to have him fall asleep in my lap , then me, losing two innings of my baseball game. For you ,five years of wonderment and joy. Love given and returned. He was a miracle and after some helpful times, there could be a kitten with no loving home and you could be there for him / her . You have a good heart . Thanks for opening it and sharing. “ and this too shall pass”
Sponsored