Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
LEO: Someone complained about a Black Mustang ripping thru the neighborhood and if I’m doing that I need to stop.

Me: Fair enough but I’m not ripping thru the neighborhood. My wife and daughters drive faster than I do in there Honda’s and Subaru’s. So who complained ?

LEO: I can’t tell you that. If they press charges then I’ll tell you.

Me: Well okay and have a great day

So I find it all odd. My garage door was closed so my car was not visible so I’m quessing the complainer told the Police where I live ? I was driving the car 15 minutes earlier but I did drive slow.

I had a guy flag me down in the neighborhood last fall telling me I was driving to fast. I told him I was doing 30mph and asked him if he would have stopped my wife doing 30mph in her Subaru and he said YES. I laughed of course.
FWIW, I had my stock quiet exhaust at the time.

I bet it’s that guy but it could be another person who knows ?

So now I’m running MBRP Street Catback Exhaust. These things do get very loud when you run the car over 3k RPM’s. I bet that had something to do with the visit ? FWIW I don’t bring it over 3k in the neighborhood. Maybe I need to go even slower uggh

I love the sound of this exhaust but I will say that there are times I miss the stock exhaust because I use to beat on my car all the time and nobody noticed. If I bring this car up to 7k with this exhaust, everybody is gonna know where I am.
Thank's for sharing,that was a real nice story,I really enjoyed reading it,very entertaining,you could also post some pictures of it.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
A few years back I had one of those "I can't tell you who complained" experiences. The Officer had a report on her clipboard and she "inadvertently" let it get into a position where I could read it. (It was the crazy lady next door, and she lied that it wasn't her. Laugh-in-your-face time.)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The Fun Police are everywhere especially when people are jealous of your stuff.

Sponsored

Notheryote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I had multiple cops in my city tell me unless they witness it themselves they can’t do anything about it (aggressive driving, speeding, etc.). I find it suspicious that they said that it depends on if the person “presses charges”, that sounds like 100% BS to me. A citizen can’t “press charges” against you for speeding as far as I know.

Cop knew they didn’t have anything on you so they were probably just trying to scare you (common tactic in incidents where they can’t actually do anything). I would ignore it and not worry about it. Also, in my state a cop can’t even (well they can, but it’d get thrown out in court) charge you with speeding unless they have a radar print out, so no estimating speed or anything.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Sometimes our cars just looks like they are going fast even standing still. I've had a guy near my neighborhood pretend to throw his garbage can lid at my car while driving by. Wasnt speeding or doing anything other than driving by. Haters going to hate.

Osofast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium
Vehicle Showcase
Tell them next time you would be happy to see them in court, with out actual proof no case.
A video or a photo is just speculation of speeding, not proof

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Did LEO have a mullet that would explain a lot

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I got a letter from the police telling me I was speeding in the neighbourhood. Not a Mustang (but it still goes 147 mph - don’t ask me how I know :sunglasses:) but it still pissed me off that some hen ratted on me. In my hood they will even stop and yell at you for rolling through a stop sign.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Time for a rotary swap.

OP
OP
Rock&Roll

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Also, in my state a cop can’t even (well they can, but it’d get thrown out in court) charge you with speeding unless they have a radar print out, so no estimating speed or anything.
I've never seen a radar print out in New York and I've gotten a few tickets over the years. :thumbsdown:

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Press charges? BS... I would have asked how that would go... if by chance it could go to court which I doubt, the neighbor would have to testify and present evidence which would be what? His word against yours? Video of you speeding verified by what method that the car was moving faster than the posted speed and again verified how?
Burden of proof needs to be met. Unless a LEO has proof of your speeding the neighbor can pound sand. I don’t speed or drive my car aggressively in my neighborhood at all just because.
When driving my Cameron SS a few years ago I had to drive through a work zone with a flag woman who would alway give me the “slow down” hand sign. I was always sure to be at or below the 15mph in the zone but still got the signal... after a few time I simply started to wave back. I suppose some cars simply look like they are going faster than they are.
Sponsored