Mustang vs ZLE

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Mustang AE, at least on a GT, by design has both a user setting plus adjustment based on throttle input, RPM, etc.
I’m assuming the bullitts are the same as Gt and if I have mine in quiet I can floor it and it stays in quiet mode no matter rpm or throttle input.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Congrats. I've watched bunch of these cars stock driven in anger and they're amazing. It's basically a racecar out of factory, as much as it can be street legal.
DSSV dampers from Multimatic vs. Magneride in 1/LE and Mustangs seems to be on another level. Truly an exceptional car stock.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I’m assuming the bullitts are the same as Gt and if I have mine in quiet I can floor it and it stays in quiet mode no matter rpm or throttle input.
That's a really nice feature. My 2016 GT350 would always open the valves on full throttle. I absolutely hated that. I got decent at giving it as much throttle as possible without opening the valves, but I would much rather have the car always be quiet in quiet mode.

OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
Congrats. I've watched bunch of these cars stock driven in anger and they're amazing. It's basically a racecar out of factory, as much as it can be street legal.
DSSV dampers from Multimatic vs. Magneride in 1/LE and Mustangs seems to be on another level. Truly an exceptional car stock.
They are. Very rigid. Definetely notna great daily. I believe performance are really similar to gt500track pack. If not superior... With 50k less.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Quiet may be a special mode since it's pretty purposeful, so it's not adaptive like the others[?]

Side note: I'm running a Steeda H-pipe, sounds amazing, especially in Sport (which I actually prefer to Track) and the Quiet mode is still just as quiet as stock. Very highly recommended on the AE setup.

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Quiet may be a special mode since it's pretty purposeful, so it's not adaptive like the others[?]

Side note: I'm running a Steeda H-pipe, sounds amazing, especially in Sport (which I actually prefer to Track) and the Quiet mode is still just as quiet as stock. Very highly recommended on the AE setup.
H pipe on mine too! Sounds perfect IMO
The pops bangs and burbles from the Bullitt tune are amplified!

OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
I will switch to corsa
Borla after e85 and JLT became just a touch too guttural. Especially now I'm comparing to the camaro.
Or maybe i just wamt a different tome for next year.
QUESTION
This borla has 5k miles. No rain (garage and dry track only)
New is north 1700 with taxes (no AE)
If i sell it. 1200 is a good price IYO?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
ZL1 is superior as a track car. Eats Shelby's for a light snack. Not a drag car though or roll race car.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
ZL1 is superior as a track car. Eats Shelby's for a light snack. Not a drag car though or roll race car.
GT500 will walk it. Of course it depends on the track. Small tracks the stickier tires or lighter cars have an advantage. My Fiesta ST can beat either on a tiny track with lots of turns. Tracks that are high speed with longer straights - the additional 70 HP and DCT of the GT500 are way too much to overcome.

Link to article where Fiesta ST beat Z06s and a GT350 on track. Of course it's a tiny track with lots of tight corners.
https://www.fordmuscle.com/features...art-5-driver-comforts-and-yokohama-a052-test/

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
GT500 will walk it. Of course it depends on the track. Small tracks the stickier tires or lighter cars have an advantage. My Fiesta ST can beat either on a tiny track with lots of turns. Tracks that are high speed with longer straights - the additional 70 HP and DCT of the GT500 are way too much to overcome.

Link to article where Fiesta ST beat Z06s and a GT350 on track. Of course it's a tiny track with lots of tight corners.
https://www.fordmuscle.com/features...art-5-driver-comforts-and-yokohama-a052-test/
I'd take a ZL1 all day long over a GT500. Stick, doesn't burn the tires off due to the bloated weight, better chassis, still can't tune the tranny on GT500 (from what I've read not sure on this), way over priced, and the sound once you go with a cam.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
And now the zle has also the 10speed..

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
And now the zle has also the 10speed..
true and according to one of the guys over on the track thread who track races his mustang the A10 in the ZLE is much better (isn't the same, chevy beefed it up for track use) in regards to track use. he said he has gone through several A10's on his mustang over a season.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'd take a ZL1 all day long over a GT500. Stick, doesn't burn the tires off due to the bloated weight, better chassis, still can't tune the tranny on GT500 (from what I've read not sure on this), way over priced, and the sound once you go with a cam.
I get that you like the Camaro more. Nothing wrong with that. But if you had one and were on track you would get passed by GT500s.

The Camaro weighs about 7% less. Both are bloated IMO. 3900 lbs is not light by any means.

edit: and that's the manual. The automatic is significantly heavier.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Flyhalf

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
true and according to one of the guys over on the track thread who track races his mustang the A10 in the ZLE is much better (isn't the same, chevy beefed it up for track use) in regards to track use. he said he has gone through several A10's on his mustang over a season.
That is probably me. Lol

We will see. I got the manual zle (back to the origin cause as italian we don't have automatics. 90% are manual cars). It is fun and i suspect that because huge low and mid torque i won't change gears oftem on track
Sponsored