LT5 in a ZLE - GT500 killer

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
I think you're grossly underestimating the supercar tires on the ZL1. By most accounts, they are close in grip and rate close in treadwear (PSC2 are 180, Supercars are 220).

The ZL1 1LE supercar r3 tires however are much gripper...so much so that motortrend was unable to do a burnout. Oh, and they carry a tread-wear rating of 100.

Also, by your account... if tires were the reason the GT350R is "so close", then that means the 2019 base GT350 is now "so close" as it is using the same tires as the R. And to that point, the base GT350 should now be able to perform nearly exactly the same as the R.
They had to change the tires on the regular gt350, the pp2 was too close in performance.

And yes the tires are that much better
Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
They had to change the tires on the regular gt350, the pp2 was too close in performance.

And yes the tires are that much better
Good job posting a video that does nothing to prove your point.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. If tires are the only reason the GT350R is so close to the ZL1...then why isn't the base GT350 just as fast as the GT350R, now that they are wearing the same shoes?

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Good job posting a video that does nothing to prove your point.

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question. If tires are the only reason the GT350R is so close to the ZL1...then why isn't the base GT350 just as fast as the GT350R, now that they are wearing the same shoes?
is there any test saying its not?

streetfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 grandsport
It would be great if gm had an answer for the gt500.
Maybe this will push ford to make a GT500R.

Competition is good folks, everyone wins when we have options.
Your right, GM has no real direct answer for the GT500 and the CF track package is the R. Even though the ZL1 1LE is a old competitor for the new GT500, it just may be a hard car to beat on most road course's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Your right, GM has no real direct answer for the GT500 and the CF track package is the R. Even though the ZL1 1LE is a old competitor for the new GT500, it just may be a hard car to beat on most road course's.
If GM does go with the LT5 in the ZLE, it is so much lighter than the GT500, the GT500 would not beat it. The ZLE would beat anything made in America, save for the Corvette.

streetfun

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 grandsport
His right? Or his left?
Camaro just needs the LT5 right off the corvette shelf as a update for the 3 yr old to be super competitive with the brand new many years in development GT500 ... left or right doesnt matter

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Based on recent Camaro sales I just don’t see them adding the LT5. It’s not just the engine cost, it’s R&D, cooling, recertification, etc.

You never know and it would be super cool if they did it, but most dealers near me don’t even have ZLE’s or even SS 1LE on the lot anymore. You either have to search far and wide or order one if you want certain trims and colors.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Didnt the LT5 fail a comparo test because it couldn't manage heat in a lighter car? And u want to put it in a heavier car, without the coolers again ( to keep weight down) and thinks its gonna outperform the top tier gt500?

Goodluck with that lol

Sponsored

mJolnir

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Didnt the LT5 fail a comparo test because it couldn't manage heat in a lighter car? And u want to put it in a heavier car, without the coolers again ( to keep weight down) and thinks its gonna outperform the top tier gt500?

Goodluck with that lol
I would like to read on that, if you have a link please post it up, the lt4 overheated on the track in the corvettes but not in the camaros.

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Based on recent Camaro sales I just don’t see them adding the LT5. It’s not just the engine cost, it’s R&D, cooling, recertification, etc.

You never know and it would be super cool if they did it, but most dealers near me don’t even have ZLE’s or even SS 1LE on the lot anymore. You either have to search far and wide or order one if you want certain trims and colors.
Anyone can go to a Chevy dealer and buy a Yenko Camaro with 1000hp with warranty now, and the GT500 could not touch that.

No waiting for a kickass Camaro that would bury the GT500

upload_2020-1-21_22-17-27.png

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Anyone can go to a Chevy dealer and buy a Yenko Camaro with 1000hp with warranty now, and the GT500 could not touch that.

No waiting for a kickass Camaro that would bury the GT500

upload_2020-1-21_22-17-27.png
Please don't tell me you're comparing that travesty to a GT500. A GT500, even a base car, would shit all over that thing. It's a far cry from a factory effort, and doesn't have any of the engineering that Ford or GM put into their product. Not to mention, on a road course, it would not even come close to a GT500. That thing is an embarrassment.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Please don't tell me you're comparing that travesty to a GT500. A GT500, even a base car, would shit all over that thing. It's a far cry from a factory effort, and doesn't have any of the engineering that Ford or GM put into their product. Not to mention, on a road course, it would not even come close to a GT500. That thing is an embarrassment.

That's his new thing:

upload_2020-1-22_7-18-2.png

He's a like a little boy who just found his pee-pee and won't stop playing with it ...

OP
OP
roygriffin2020

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
So you really think the heavy GT500 is going to beat this hand built, cammed, tuned 1000hp motor, MagnaRide, 1LE package. All of this and get this at a Chevy dealer.

Really?? you obviously have been drinking.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news...ge-adds-66995-to-the-2019-chevy-camaro-ss-1le

Sponsored