MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Since I don't want a DCT and prefer a manual transmission it misses the mark for what I want as far as the transmission goes.
FYI, it's not a DCT, it's just a "regular" 8-speed automatic (though modern autos are pretty awesome, they're not quite what a DCT offers (see GT500 :D)
Sponsored

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
tune and downpipe and one just hit 10.79. My old boss picked one up for his company. It’s much faster then we both thought it would be. His is tuned by delicious tuning, KW coil overs and some bracing. From a roll I think I’d get him but not from a dig with the tires I have on. I haven’t got to talk to him today about it but last night word is he got a stock A10 in at least a 1/8th they didn’t have anymore room. We are going to try and go this weekend and do some fun runs
Pretty impressive

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
FYI, it's not a DCT, it's just a "regular" 8-speed automatic (though modern autos are pretty awesome, they're not quite what a DCT offers (see GT500 :D)
Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I thought it was a DCT. Maybe just due to what most other BMWs are equipped with. Last year I test drove an M4 with a DCT, so I guess I was assuming that BMW would have put DCT in this drivetrain as well. I thought the Supra was supposed to be a premium product with the best equipment on it for some reason.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Thanks for the correction. I don't know why I thought it was a DCT. Maybe just due to what most other BMWs are equipped with. Last year I test drove an M4 with a DCT, so I guess I was assuming that BMW would have put DCT in this drivetrain as well. I thought the Supra was supposed to be a premium product with the best equipment on it for some reason.
Hahaha, I had to look it up again! I was going to say it wasn't then wasn't even sure myself :D

Yeah, it's odd, maybe cost, packaging[?]

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I think most thought it had a DCT everyone talked about a DCT. It even farts between shifts like a DCT. Driving it is close, but not quite as fast, that’s where you really notice it. It’s not as fast as a PDK or anything. But if you’ve never been in a DCT car I can see how some think it is.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think most thought it had a DCT everyone talked about a DCT. It even farts between shifts like a DCT. Driving it is close, but not quite as fast, that’s where you really notice it. It’s not as fast as a PDK or anything. But if you’ve never been in a DCT car I can see how some think it is.
I've been in a few DCT cars, Porsche, BMW and a Ferrari and I might not notice anyway. I've only driven any of them briefly, so I didn't really absorb all the nuances.

The farting is part of why I assumed the Supra was a DCT. Nasty noises that thing makes.
Sponsored