Mustang Sales Down 41%...

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
C6G YOLO I posted actual factual numbers to explain what is going on. Why ignore them?
What a slap in the face... the mods deleted my posts :angry: lol

This Yolo guy(girl? tranny? he-she? it?) is obviously a troll and wanted to provoke certain reactions.

We need a little troll-be-gone up in here.
cmvZjx0.png
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I almost got hit by a Tesla while at the grocery store. A woman was pulling out of her space, wasn't paying attention and almost hit me. I heard NOTHING, the car made zero noise.
That's one reason I would not buy one. The second is no stick. The third is limited range/time period. The forth is no charging stations at gas stations. The fifth is ...:wink:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
That's one reason I would not buy one. The second is no stick. The third is limited range/time period. The forth is no charging stations at gas stations. The fifth is ...:wink:

The fifth is there cause even more pollution than the ICE cars.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Think about energy conversion...

ICE: chemical -> mechanical + heat

EV: chemical -> mechanical + heat -> AC + heat -> AC + heat -> DC + heat -> Mechanical + heat

Which is more efficient?

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Musk is a egotistical arrogant ass*ole who only cares about being in the headlines and lining his pockets with as much money as possible he doesn't give a rats ass about Tesla.
Well....I mean, yeah. :cwl:

I wanted to say that, but I've had so many posts edited and deleted lately I figured it would just happen again if I didn't "play nice". :lipssealed:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well....I mean, yeah. :cwl:

I wanted to say that, but I've had so many posts edited and deleted lately I figured it would just happen again if I didn't "play nice". :lipssealed:
I've got a ban you warning lots of post deletes :curse: :lipssealed: :inspect: :stop:

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
European sales of the Mustang went from 556 in 2014 to 15,204 in 2016. That's a 2,734% increase in sales.
European sales of the Camaro went from 932 in 2014 to a miserable 607 in 2016.
For every Camaro sold over here Ford sold 25 Mustangs.
And then the MY2018 prices were released and UK sales fell off the cliff

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Lots of people are paying $50,000+ for pickup trucks. That they never pick anything up with.

More stupid people born everyday.

Sponsored

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I Went looking at the 2018 Mustangs and when equiped similar to my 2016 GT\PP\PP it was over $53,000. My 16 was "only" $42,000. This was not even a PP2 18 either. I then went to look at the Camaro to see what their prices were. They were in the mid $30s to low $40's. I still didn't want one, but at the time i felt that Mustang sales were going to drop. I havent look lately to see what incentives my dealer has going, but Im not going to pay $50,000 for Mustang unless its a GT350 or better.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Battery tech isn't there. The Teslas still handle like short busses due to weight.

There's a trade off with density of stored energy right now. It seems that the more you can store per volume or kg, the more volatile the substance is or the more toxic. With less advanced materials science, you can manufacture wide scale production ICE cars that can hit sub 2.0 0-60 times. The argument for electric vehicles is a forward looking perspective. We do need to get off fossil fuels, for many many reasons, however.

Without subsidy, Tesla would not sustain itself. Elon is currently attempting to sell out to Saudi interests and go private with Tesla. He knows he can't force the type of change that needs to occur in the time-scale of wall street. Other companies most likely will not succeed where he has yet to.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
He knows he can't force the type of change that needs to occur in the time-scale of wall street. Other companies most likely will not succeed where he has yet to.
Not sure if that's the best choice of words. In a free-market society, no business man or Government agency can "force" change. Radical change in a free market comes from an innovative product that everybody wants at a price they can afford. That is not happening (yet) with electric cars like digital cameras and smartphones destroyed Polaroid and Kodak camera and film industries. Elon's leadership (arrogance) can't cut it...the right product will; and I don't see anything I want from Tesla on the horizon. BTW, what are Mustang GT monthly sales vs. Tesla performance models? How much tax credit does the Government subsidize Mustang sales? I don't recall any Government bailout for Ford.

So, I will continue to support the ecology of photosynthesis with my evil CO2 emitter that sounds great in Sport+ mode, and accept the "man made climate change from CO2 skeptic" label, and consider the possibility that more CO2 in the air helps vegetation, increases crop yields, and reduces world hunger.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
So much doom and gloom in here.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Think about energy conversion...

ICE: chemical -> mechanical + heat

EV: chemical -> mechanical + heat -> AC + heat -> AC + heat -> DC + heat -> Mechanical + heat

Which is more efficient?

The real answer is that we are running out if oil.

Your car belches out toxic gas every second it is in operation and green house gas is the urgent problem. Arguments mean nothing anymore. EV is here to stay and arguments in some Mustang fan website won’t change that. EV Mustang will be better in every way. Way faster and neutral handling - people will buy it. Fake exhaust sound will resonate out the fake tailpipes like the BMW. That answers that question.
Sponsored