Sponsored

Mustang Sales Down 41%...

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
So you are okay with abusive stats? Okay. These articles are click bait and are made to make money. It also allows some of the deranged people to push this stuff as fact. In an era where people are creating actual fake news and living in bubbles of course people will speak out about it. I posted actual data on the subject which you won’t read.

The OP is a clear troll and has been trolling for a little bit now fyi not just this thread either.
Agree 100%.

I also like how my post pointing this out in this very thread was deleted mysteriously without any explanation.

I'm sure someone didn't like the anti-Trump meme. Ironic, as trolling seems to be 100% endorsed.
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Of course numbers are going to drop as a generation ages. Of course numbers are going to be the highest when a new generation is introduced (especially one with such improvements as the S550 had), but it's also un-realistic to think that those initial numbers will be kept up.

None of this is surprising, nor does it mean it's the death of the Mustang or performance oriented cars. It just means the generation is getting old after 4 model years and people aren't as excited about it as the day it was released. Same thing happens to most cars, and is a reason why manufacturers are always improving things with small refreshes and also introducing new generations sooner.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
You are totally correct but nobody wants to hear the truth there are to many people making very large amounts of money on lithium batteries. These people are feeding lies to all the gullible masses that electric cars are environmentally safe when they cause worse pollution making them not to mention that only 1% of lithium batteries are recycled. But watch telling people this because there going to call you a alarmist, crazy, stupid and lot of other things. But when the big ecological disaster hits bigger than Love Cannel you can say I told you so.
The other point that no one wants to address is the source for the electricity to charge them (i.e., coal fired electric plants). I believe I have seen studies that show the carbon pollution generated to charge the EV is higher than that created from the combustion of fossil fuels for the ICE. I guess the answer here will be for all of us to have a wind turbine in our back yards.

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Wow. Just read this article today and it said Mustang sales are down 41% since the 2015 model year.

I didn't believe it since I would have guessed Mustang sales are up with this new model, especially the 2018. But sure enough I checked the Year over Year sales numbers and they were correct.

I had no idea sports car sales were falling off a cliff.

Seems like Millenials are the ones to blame according to the article.

Same is happening with the Camaro and Corvette.

Enjoy these cars while we can. Soon they will be Dinosaurs. :crying:

http://www.nydailynews.com/featured...uld-signal-end-of-an-era-20180910-story.html#

DETROIT (AP) — Sales of new American muscle cars are falling, raising questions in Detroit and elsewhere about whether a nostalgic, high-horsepower cruising culture that dates to before the 1950s is in peril.

Yet U.S. sales of the iconic Mustang, which leads the segment in 2018, fell 13 percent in 2016, almost 23 percent last year and 5 percent during the first half of this year.

Schuster said the risk is low, but it's still possible, that the muscle car segment could be dying. It won't happen within the next five years, but after that, he said the risk rises. "You're losing a market unless you do something with the vehicle that appeals more to a younger buyer," he said.

Since 2015 Mustang sales are down 41%. :curse:

sales.png
sales camaro.png
Look at the big picture. Sales are cyclical.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/w...maro-vs-mustang-sales-numbers-in-living-color

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Agree 100%.

I also like how my post pointing this out in this very thread was deleted mysteriously without any explanation.

I'm sure someone didn't like the anti-Trump meme. Ironic, as trolling seems to be 100% endorsed.
:)

Sponsored

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Per Mr Oppenheimer...”The Mustang has “been eating our lunch” and Camaro sales are down 28% for the year.
He reasoned it must be too expensive, so the base price of the 1LS has been lowered by $1000.00, because the bulk of sales are of lower priced entry models.

See automobilemag.com

I’m sorry, but you stil can’t see of out the damn thing!
I doubt that the 2019 front / rear restyling will do anything to improve sales either.

Last edited:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
You know what else has full torque available from a stop that isn't electricity? Steam!

I give you the sports car of the future!
PAY-This-is-the-moment-a-111-year-old-steam-powered-car-makes-its-return-to-competitive-racing.jpg

of course the best way to produce steam these days would be nuclear fission... Don't wreck.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Wow. Just read this article today and it said Mustang sales are down 41% since the 2015 model year
sales.png
sales camaro.png
This would explain why I was able to get the car so cheap. I wonder how much lower the pricing will get? So Camaro is only down about 13%.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Internal combustion engine cars are being legislated away country by country. Maybe 20 years max. By then no one will care. When EV really kicks off IC sales will drop like a rock and IC muscle cars will be history quite literally.

That 1.9 second 0-60 of the Tesla Roadster is inaccurate as the car is faster than that. In fact, the cars at Tesla are always faster than the published figures.

The electric Mustang will truly “pin you to your seat” and that will spell the death of the V8 almost immediately. A mid-engine design change for the Corvette makes more sense if you get rid of the front mounted engine.

Just saying changes are a coming...
I would not be surprised if in 5 years we see major changes.

Once these auto manufacturers get this EV crap figured out and in production sales will skyrocket.

Telsa advertises the Model 3 as 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. Motor Trend got 3.3 seconds on Skinny-Azz tires.

Jay Leno took a ride in the 1.9 second Tesla and he said mankind has reached its limits. He said the human body can barely handle 1.9 and it could be dangerous.

Said it was like flying in a Fighter Jet.

Elon Musk said EV cars will beat ANY SUPERCAR at a fraction of the price.

I almost got hit by a Tesla while at the grocery store. A woman was pulling out of her space, wasn't paying attention and almost hit me. I heard NOTHING, the car made zero noise.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/08/...f-designer-about-the-2020-tesla-roadster.html

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
You know what else has full torque available from a stop that isn't electricity? Steam!

I give you the sports car of the future!
PAY-This-is-the-moment-a-111-year-old-steam-powered-car-makes-its-return-to-competitive-racing.jpg

of course the best way to produce steam these days would be nuclear fission... Don't wreck.
Unless Al Gore can be a double digit percentage stakeholder in the steam engine company, water vapor exhaust will be declared a greenhouse gas that needs to be regulated....Oops...I think water vapor happens to be the most voluminous of the greenhouse gases already...Hydrogen fueled vehicle proponents (that also emit water vapor) would say the natural ecological cycle would keep water vapor in check...when asked why the same isn't true for CO2 in the ecological cycle involving photosynthesis, it's just crickets...doesn't fit the narrative of the day in political and media circles.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Agree 100%.

I have posted the same thing and my post was deleted also :bandit: somebody in here likes camaros and trolls a whole lot

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
C6G YOLO I posted actual factual numbers to explain what is going on. Why ignore them?

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
European sales of the Mustang went from 556 in 2014 to 15,204 in 2016. That's a 2,734% increase in sales.
European sales of the Camaro went from 932 in 2014 to a miserable 607 in 2016.
For every Camaro sold over here Ford sold 25 Mustangs.
Sorry but you have to look at the full picture. The 6th Gen Camaro in Europe launched not at the same time as the US model. If I remember correctly EU Camaros were only build since MY2017. In 2017 there were 957 Camaros in Germany alone, more than ever before.
For the EU Mustang we have the same situation, they stopped building EU models for the refresh mid 2017 but first EUs refreshs arrived in spring 2018.
Sponsored