dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
OK speaking of a bad battery and electrical problems.
I had my battery and charging tested. Charging within specs
Battery at 84% good
Sponsored

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
For better or worse, cars are mass-produced consumer goods engineered to sell at a price point. That includes Fords, BMWs, Mercedes, and for that matter Porsches and Ferraris too. If they had to be virtually free of failure, they would be like aircraft and cost orders of magnitude more to buy and maintain.

Over a lifetime of car ownership I have found that proper maintenance is cheaper in the long run than fixing what fails, but your mileage may vary.

If cars had to be maintained like aircraft, you have to take your car off the road every 6-10 years, take it apart, inspect each and every component and replace the worn ones, and put it back together. Google "Aircraft D Check" is you want more details.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Now the trunk will not open with the fob or dash button, What next?
Sorry to derail the thread, but could the OPs problem just require a new battery in the Fob? (Car needs to detect fob for the dash button to open the trunk)

I had an Accord years back and I had a few wonky problems before it started giving me entry/lock problems that went away when I changed the fob battery

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry to derail the thread, but could the OPs problem just require a new battery in the Fob? (Car needs to detect fob for the dash button to open the trunk)

I had an Accord years back and I had a few wonky problems before it started giving me entry/lock problems that went away when I changed the fob battery
Derailing the thread by derailing the derail....holy shit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang

Got a question. All the other functions work on the fob. Could it still be low battery in fob?

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
I mean, if you've never changed the battery in 8 years, it's worth a shot for the $5 the battery will cost you.

If it doesnt fix the problem, all it cost you was 5 bucks and some of your own personal time.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
You have a good point

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
biggest annoyance: all the dim yellow bulbs (interior and reverse light)

thankfully diode dynamics fixed everything up with bright white leds :clap:
I feel like the only person who prefers the dim halogens over LED's, just more pleasant on the eyes in the dead of night lol.

Also, replacing dampers at 50K seems excessive to me unless you live in Detroit. I've always used 80K as a rule of thumb, but I suppose for a performance car being regularly pushed to its limits, sooner would make sense. But I doubt many people are regularly wringing their shit out from lateral g perspective on public roads...

Last edited:

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I feel like the only person who prefers the dim halogens over LED's, just more pleasant on the eyes in the dead of night lol.

Also, replacing dampers at 50K seems excessive to me unless you live in Detroit. I've always used 80K as a rule of thumb, but I suppose for a performance car being regularly pushed to its limits, sooner would make sense. But I doubt many people are regularly wringing their shit out from lateral g perspective on public roads...
yep you're the only one :cwl: I like my lights blinding white especially at night

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Also, replacing dampers at 50K seems excessive to me unless you live in Detroit. I've always used 80K as a rule of thumb, but I suppose for a performance car being regularly pushed to its limits, sooner would make sense.
This is why the manufacturers will not say when they are worn out. People have a different opinion on when a car is too loose, bouncy ect.

I like my cars tight and 50K is the max I let them go.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I thought the rule for whether dampers were still okay was coming out of a Cars and Coffee and not going into the crowd.........

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I have a pretty good idea of what to expect in maintenance and repairs for any car I buy, before I buy it. I expected the drive train in my Mustang to be solid but there would be problems in other areas, especially electronics. Electronics seem to be an issue with every brand I have had in recent memory. Sure enough, navigation went bad 3 months after the warranty ended... $1200 to fix.

We have been extremely fortunate with my wife's 2007 Saturn Vue. It has 150k miles and has had very little work done. Other than regular maintenance, it has had a wheel bearing fixed, a brake job and exhaust system replaced.

Last edited:

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I love my Mustang it is basically the best cat I ever owned.
It has gremlins tat annoy me. It started with the outer tribar brake / turn not working
Now the trunk will not open with the fob or dash button, What next?
My trunk lock failed at 15k miles on my ‘16 vert. Also AC has needed work 2x. Yes, these cars are not of the quality of a Japanese car, but we buy them for the HP and looks.

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
Just stuff that went wrong. I am a great mechanic. The newer stuff most of the quality is gone
Has anyone of you notice the dashboard on s550 comes warp from factory new?

Mine gt has 300 miles dashboard is warp. I checked out the rest of the mustangs in the lot, same problem. U will notice dash plastic toward passenger front windshield has slight curve up vs driver side. When you push on it, it moves!

My 2015 expedition does not have dashboard issue with 130k miles!

Ford quality control has gone down drain...
Sponsored