Sponsored

Muffler delete vs muffler exhaust on ecoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Am looking to get an axle-back exhaust. Currently weighing in between the nxt-step performance muffler delete axle-back and the muffler version of this exhaust. Both are same price. The muffler version has more reviews and sound clips, but I’m assuming the muffler delete version is louder and still sounds similar. I’d like the car to be loud, not obnoxious tho, and I still want it to sound decent. (I know the more commonly accepted exhaustis the flowmaster outlaw but that’s twice the price) Dont want a ricey exhaust note. Want the note to be as low as possible. What do you guys think I should go with?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Do you want a horrible sound that's muted, relatively quiet?

Or do you want a horrible sound that's obnoxiously loud?

You can't make a 4cylinder sound good, so just keep it quiet. Let the turbo sound be the track you drive to.

rr18gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Race Red, 2018 Ecoboost Kona Blue
I have the mufflers deleted on our ecoboost and the sound is nice and deep. Its still a 4 cylinder and does not sound as good as our GT does but they are 2 totally different engines with pluses and minuses.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Nice and deep to you in the car maybe, but outside it sounds like a bunch of diarrhea farts. I get buzzed if my windows are open by 4 banger Camaros and mustangs at least once or twice a week, they all sound horrible with deleted mufflers

rr18gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Race Red, 2018 Ecoboost Kona Blue
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I think he was looking for feedback. As you do not own an ecoboost, you cannot provide accurate feedback.

AustinLenart23 - Here is how I look at this situation with our ecoboost, we did the muffler delete after researching and watching a lot of youtube videos. If we do a resonator delete we will likely put on a sound suppressing axleback to make things not so loud. I am debating on putting long tubes on my GT but if I do that I will for sure be putting a resonated mid pipe on as a Corsa Extreme with Headers is a "no" for me.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
First hand feedback, no. Innocent bystander feedback, yessir indeed!
Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I think he was looking for feedback. As you do not own an ecoboost, you cannot provide accurate feedback.

AustinLenart23 - Here is how I look at this situation with our ecoboost, we did the muffler delete after researching and watching a lot of youtube videos. If we do a resonator delete we will likely put on a sound suppressing axleback to make things not so loud. I am debating on putting long tubes on my GT but if I do that I will for sure be putting a resonated mid pipe on as a Corsa Extreme with Headers is a "no" for me.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
you can't make a 4cylinder sound good, so just keep it quiet. Let the turbo sound be the track you drive to.
Horse hockey, there are plenty of 4 cylinder cars that sound great. The average rice rocket might sound like arse but your generalization shows your ignorance. There are some great sounding 4 cylinder Porsches and Alfas and that's just the top of the iceberg. An Alfa Romeo 4C with the Acropovic exhaust sounds amazing, it's up there with a Voodoo IMHO.
Sponsored