Sponsored

Muffler delete for ecoboost

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
Any body do a muffler delete with resonated or muffled tips? Keeping stock catback pipe and stock resonator. I know the stock mufflers are restrictive. If you have show us some sound clips and opinions . Thanks EBJ
Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
I probably will be come monday. I'll let you know how it sounds. Pretty sure in the exhaust thread that is stickied up top, the bottom link in the first post is a muffler delete with muffled tips.

OP
OP
EcoboostJim

EcoboostJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford white Ecoboost Performance Package
I probably will be come monday. I'll let you know how it sounds. Pretty sure in the exhaust thread that is stickied up top, the bottom link in the first post is a muffler delete with muffled tips.
What diameter and material of the pipes you are replacing with.

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
probably stock for now, until I go 3" single with resonator.

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium ecoboost performance package
Im getting mine cut off and new pipe with sts stainless steel 4 inch tips welded on this Monday. I can post a few vids.

Sponsored

MustangEco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KA24DE-R 240sx
Here is a nice little example I came across of resonator and muffler delete. I am actually quite pleased with the outcome.

Not sure if this would effect backpressure the way a new DP seems to do and cause oil seepage through the bearings though. More tests either need to be done. How hard is it to either just replace the turbo itself (has anyone even done that yet?) or put a restriction valve?

[ame]

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
yup that's me ^^, should be fine, removing the cat is where you really effect backpressure, I haven't had any issues or smoking aside from start up smoke.
the diameter of the pipes is all over, from turbo-cat = 2.75", cat-resonator box = 2.5", resonator-mufflers pipes both 2.25"

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As promised, I have one video right now of what the ecoboost mustang sounds like with the mufflers removed. I had 4" inch SS turbo Stainless Steel Tips weld on to 16 inches of 2.5 inch pipe, and a two hangers installed, it cost me $110.00 for the shop to weld everything and I spent 50.00 on the tips (gotta love craigslist).

More videos to come ( I had my son revving the engine)

*The volume is better when wearing headphones*

[ame] (Light Revs)

[ame] (Take Off)

[ame] (Take Off)

[ame] (Take Off, Drive By, and Pulling up)

Last edited:

Sponsored

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I have not wanted to pull the trigger on a full exhaust setup as I have not heard one I am in love and didn't want to waste over a grand. I am going to order the res delete pipe soon. I will post a few more videos once my wife gets home.

On a side note, the guy who installed my tips told me a guy just brought his ecoboost in to get a full system installed, came back a few days later because he was not happy with the sound and had resonators put in, the guy said it sounded good after that (to each their own). I think its going to be a trial by error until we all find something we like.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I think its going to be a trial by error until we all find something we like.
I think you nailed it right there. Sound is like women...it's all an "eye in the beholder" kind of deal except with ears, lol. :D

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
As promised, I have one video right now of what the ecoboost mustang sounds like with the mufflers removed. I had 4" inch SS turbo Stainless Steel Tips weld on to 16 inches of 2.5 inch pipe, and a two hangers installed, it cost me $110.00 for the shop to weld everything and I spent 50.00 on the tips (gotta love craigslist).

More videos to come ( I had my son revving the engine)

Sounds amazing, but how's the performance and do you have any droning issues at any rpm?

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Any body do a muffler delete with resonated or muffled tips? Keeping stock catback pipe and stock resonator. I know the stock mufflers are restrictive. If you have show us some sound clips and opinions . Thanks EBJ
I just youtubed dozens of other similar 4cyl turbo exhausts with only mufflers deleted and I think this is the perfect solution for everyone looking for the perfect sounding exhaust. They are all much DEEPer and LOUDer than any axle-back you can find. My only concern is any technical con's that might arise from this as I don't know how a loss of a muffler will affect a turbo engine
Sponsored