Sponsored

My Muffler Delete

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Oh and as far as contributing to the topic at hand, it sounds good. All these haters saying you shouldn't go 25 mph on a back alley in New York are too sensitive. The car is loud letting its presence be known, it's safer than a whisper quiet Prius driving the speed limit, it would take just as much time for them to stop if a pedestrian ran out in the road. Everyone's falsely associating the loud noise as having a connection to people's safety. He did a burnout eased up on the gas and looks like he didn't even break the speed limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Oh and as far as contributing to the topic at hand, it sounds good. All these haters saying you shouldn't go 25 mph on a back alley in New York are too sensitive. The car is loud letting its presence be known, it's safer than a whisper quiet Prius driving the speed limit, it would take just as much time for them to stop if a pedestrian ran out in the road. Everyone's falsely associating the loud noise as having a connection to people's safety. He did a burnout eased up on the gas and looks like he didn't even break the speed limit.

You don't see the back-end kick out? Might have been that shty diaper on his wheels. :D

That is not the place to do things like that... too many things can go wrong, and people can get hurt. Period...

Hopefully you are joking. If not, you are crazy. :eyebulge:

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
You don't see the back-end kick out? Might have been that shty diaper on his wheels. :D

That is not the place to do things like that... too many things can go wrong, and people can get hurt. Period...

Hopefully you are joking. If not, you are crazy. :eyebulge:

Nope not joking. His little and very brief "inch kick out" appears to be caused by the debris and looks like it would of had the same effect on a mild acceleration regardless. He completely let off the gas as soon as his tires broke from that piece of trash and had control, he only traveled 5 feet at a slow speed. Once he had traction he got going 25mph. I guarantee people travel down this road going 30mph all day. The moving average of his vehicle was slower than the average vehicle of what you would consider safe on that road. Watch the video with no sound and pretend you don't see tire smoke which is harmless. It just seems so dramatic because of the loud exhaust.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
pretend you don't see tire smoke which is harmless.
:lol:

I never laughed so loud!!!!

I'm crying.... :lol:

You really can't be serious.

I'm going to leave you along and "pretend" I did not read your comments. I can see his lawyer telling the judge and jury that. Ha, ha, ha....

I'll rack it up to you watching the game and having too many colds beers... :cheers:

You are hilarious!!!

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
:lol:

I never laughed so loud!!!!

I'm crying.... :lol:

You really can't be serious.

I'm going to leave you along and "pretend" I did not read your comments. I can see his lawyer telling the judge and jury that. Ha, ha, ha....

I'll rack it up to you watching the game and having too many colds beers... :cheers:

You are hilarious!!!

Ya dude, just take a couple hits of acid and pretend. It looks safe.

Sponsored

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
WesleyEng, as your acting lawyer and legal defense on this matter it appears our judge appointed (Jtmat) is not buying our take a hit of acid and pretend defense. If you want to change up our position PM me and we'll discuss a better line of arguments.

-your thread appointed advocate,
ecm90

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
So NYC...I'm in Westchester, wouldn't mind checking this out in person.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Been watching a few videos of v6 muffler deletes with resonated tips and they sound great.

Has anyone tried resonated tips with muffler delete on the ecoboost? Wonder if it would cut down on some of the high notes

Sponsored

DeerLick

Blehhhhhh.....
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rapid Red GT Premium PP1
i just got my muffler delete done earlier today with black tips and i love it! sounds fantastic and better than most aftermarket catback systems out there in my opinion. sounds very similar to the focus rs.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
i just got my muffler delete done earlier today with black tips and i love it! sounds fantastic and better than most aftermarket catback systems out there in my opinion. sounds very similar to the focus rs.
After 3 years, it's finally KINDA getting loud for me. Especially when remote starting in the morning, entire block can hear it. Hope these tips will tone it down a bit.

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Sounds the freaking same. Volume wise at least, but pitch does sound lower when driving.
IMG_E7182.JPG
IMG_E7183.JPG

Was hoping this would tone down my morning cold starts.

Edit: After a few tunnel runs, the pitch at the high end is DEFINITELY lower, because it's no longer ear piercing with the top down, but a deeper tone.

Last edited:

Hilfloskind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecoboost Convertible - Kona Blue
Will be doing this in a couple of weeks. Between this thread and a couple vids I saw from a guy on YT, I was sold! Shop quoted 100 flat if I reuse my stock tips, or he has a selection available to choose from if I prefer to add new tips. I may go with something resonated just to calm it down a notch since I also drive a vert and have the top down pretty much all the time.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Will be doing this in a couple of weeks. Between this thread and a couple vids I saw from a guy on YT, I was sold! Shop quoted 100 flat if I reuse my stock tips, or he has a selection available to choose from if I prefer to add new tips. I may go with something resonated just to calm it down a notch since I also drive a vert and have the top down pretty much all the time.
I had a 2015 Mustang vert.... I got the muffler delete and it sounded terrible.

I purchased the Magnaflow mufflers and that did it for me. Never going to get "great" sound though.. only so much you can do here. I never got the sound I really wanted.

Looking back, I would have kept it stock and spent the money and time elsewhere.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=726328&postcount=1188
Sponsored