Sponsored

Muffler delete for ecoboost

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang premium ecoboost performance package
No, actually very little droning even at highway speeds.

Sounds amazing, but how's the performance and do you have any droning issues at any rpm?
Sponsored

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The videos I posted are of the mufflers deleted not the resonator, that was left stock. Only performance mod I have is a MMR Intake and DV venting to the atmosphere.

I just youtubed dozens of other similar 4cyl turbo exhausts with only mufflers deleted and I think this is the perfect solution for everyone looking for the perfect sounding exhaust. They are all much DEEPer and LOUDer than any axle-back you can find. My only concern is any technical con's that might arise from this as I don't know how a loss of a muffler will affect a turbo engine

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Wow, just watched your drive by vids, and it sounds better than any aftermarket exhaust I've heard so far. This might be it IMO and it's way better than wasting money on overpriced systems like the Flowmaster Outlaw that's basically a muffler delete
al;sdfj;lajsdf.JPG

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Dsmisfits, to clarify... Stock downpipe and with the resonator in place?

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock downpipe with the resontator in place. They removed just the mufflers. I'll post a pick of the exhuast tonight.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Dsmisfits, to clarify... Stock downpipe and with the resonator in place?

Last edited:

Sponsored

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, I was a little nervous at first but I figured for under 200 dollars it's worth a try. Overall I am pleased with the sound. I got a couple people asking which exhaust I put on it from the dealer.

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
I thought it sounds best too, after I took off my mufflers and resonator box I thought it was pretty close to perfect, excellent exhaust tone when accelerating and the drone isn't much at cruising. I would like a quality SS setup with larger diameter tho, maperformance said they would do one strait piped when I requested it but would cost an extra $250ish on top of the $1K cost of their non resonated current exhaust...pretty pricey.

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
I'm looking to do a down pipe, cat removal and resonator removal into the stock mufflers. Anyone see a problem performance wise with that set up?

Sponsored

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think the stock mufflers are the most restrictive part of the exhaust, a side from the resontator. looking at pics of the stock mufflers cut open for our viewing pleasure. Why are you wanting to keep the stock mufflers? I would remove the stock exhaust and place a borla muffler in place of the resontator. If you do decide to go with the setup you suggested make sure to get video and post them back on here.

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I never really expected this to be a thing. Is it as simple as it looks? cut out the cans and weld in a pipe to connect the OEM piping to the exhaust tip?!?!

-Drew

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I never really expected this to be a thing. Is it as simple as it looks? cut out the cans and weld in a pipe to connect the OEM piping to the exhaust tip?!?!

-Drew
It's mainly for those who feel that all the aftermarket mufflers are too quiet no matter how hard they try. I feel that just deleting the mufflers sounds absolutely perfect

dsmisfits

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the sound, no drone and not crazy loud, that will change once the resonator is removed. I have no plans on removing the resonator with out running a mid pipe exhaust. I have got multiple compliments the last few days.
Sponsored