Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, was definitely disappointed and I'm not sure where the knock is coming from. The flex pipe does rattle a bit but I'm not sure it always did or if is okay to just get some straight pipe welded in place instead. I'll run it by my exhaust shop one of these days to get everything lined up a bit better because the passenger side tip is still hanging a little off center. While they do that, I'll check for anything else that might be touching the pipes along the way because the motor sounds perfectly normal to me.

When you guys datalog or just watch your knock sensors, what are your peak values? I've seen -7.4 and up to +6.5.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I just wanna point out that it's pretty crazy when a v6 with nearly the same mods a my 4.6 32v Mach1 had in 2005 is making almost the same numbers, just a bit lower tq. CAI, catted mid-pipe, catback, pulleys, 300whp/330wtq.

Pretty awesome how things have come.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Took some time yesterday to do two datalogs just to compare what sort of knock I'd get.

MPT 93 PRx was -.743 to 6.5

These are just the peaks and looking (unqualified eye) at the RPMs too, 3900-4200 seems to be where the bulk of the more positive knock comes. Going past that, at 7k I was seeing -2.25 and 25.5 * of timing.

Stock was -5.99 to 2.93

The worst positive knock was 1400-1600 rpm. Highest RPM I hit was 6400 with -2.8 and 20.5 * timing.

So definitely some false knock in my opinion. Planning on hitting the exhaust shop this week if all goes well. Check the cats (maybe delete them too...), flex pipe, welds, and alignment so both tips are centered and not rubbing the rear bumper at all. Hopefully that cures my issues.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
I tuned my AT 2016 3.7 to 91PRx. Do you have to drive a certain distance to start feeling the changes? I've driven it about 15 miles till now since I downloaded the tune and can definitely a change but I'm wondering if it gets any better.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
With or without trans tuning? If you want to be thorough, you could do a KAM reset with the SCT and then do 10 minutes of idle, 1 minute with AC going, then 30 miles of regular driving. It might be cleared when you apply the tune as well, but I couldn't find anything definite.

Sponsored

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
With or without trans tuning? If you want to be thorough, you could do a KAM reset with the SCT and then do 10 minutes of idle, 1 minute with AC going, then 30 miles of regular driving. It might be cleared when you apply the tune as well, but I couldn't find anything definite.
I've got the trans tune too. Like I said, I can feel the change alright, was just wondering if it gets any better with more miles dialed in on the tune.

Maddog1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Is the car as loud on WOT as the stock tune in sport mode? Just curious. I do enjoy the acoustics as much as I do performance. Still can't find a S550 MPT tune video that doesn't suck complete ass.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Is the car as loud on WOT as the stock tune in sport mode? Just curious. I do enjoy the acoustics as much as I do performance. Still can't find a S550 MPT tune video that doesn't suck complete ass.
It should be about the same, supposedly you can ask them to make it pop more on decelleration too but I never did that.

I've got the trans tune too. Like I said, I can feel the change alright, was just wondering if it gets any better with more miles dialed in on the tune.
Probably not much, if you have a Windows laptop I'd recommend datalogging for them so they can make any necessary changes to maximize your gains.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
I just switched from 91 to the 93 tune. Are the shift points supposed to be different? It seems like my car now likes to engine break on S mode full auto just like stock tune and unlike when it was on 91 PRx where it would upshift even in S mode. Is this normal? I'm gonna datalog when I get the chance.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Either my false knock is robbing a ton of power (I'd guess it might have peaked around +5 or 6 degrees based on other driving) or MPT sucks now. With ported intakes, ported throttle body, Roush CAI, shorty headers, x-pipe, and axlebacks...I got 274.31/279.27 today with a DA of about 1300 (PBIR shows 1285 and Homestead shows 1444 right now, this place was between the two).

First run was 269.06/270.48 with AdvanceTrac off then I pulled fuse 62 for the following runs.

I don't have any previous dynos to compare to, but I was definitely thinking I would hit the 300 mark.
MVIMG_20190106_140853.jpg
Personally I think it's something to do with the car being a '17 V6 car - same as mine. I haven't had time to really research it, I just updated my build thread - and I had a full dyno tune done by a local, very reputable guy who has a lot of late model and 3.7 Mustang experience and he was frustrated about not being able to get the power he thinks is there out of my car. He spend 3-4 hours and actually discounted the agreed upon price, because he wasn't happy with the numbers.

Don't have the graph handy (moved to a new house, stuff everywhere etc) but if memory serves the numbers were very close to yours. Shorty headers, ported intakes, cold air intake, 77mm TB etc.

It's on the back burner now - but come Spring I'm going to hit the track mainly for data log runs. I've spoken at length with the tuner and he wants to see the data log runs as well. We've also talked at length about going forced induction. He's fine with the Procharger route and I'd get the tuner kit, install everything myself and then it bring it to him to tune.

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that dyno runs posted on the internet aren't really comparable. To be honest, dyno runs are only good for tracking mods you make and tuning. And that's if it's the same car, same dyno setup, comparable conditions etc. I'm more concerned with the real world performance as in 1/4 testing - more specifically trap speed. I simply haven't had the time to do hit the track and data log but will doing it as soon as the track opens up, since the 1/4 mile track is 5 minutes from my new place.

I've personally witnessed improperly setup dyno's (I'll give the shop the benefit of the doubt it wasn't on purpose) that had inflated numbers.

Again - my theory is a WAG. For me personally, the car is extremely responsive as my daily, gets @ 20 mpg with me constantly beating on it (just fun to drive) and I can't complain. Me personally, I'll be going with a Procharger as soon as I can finish up another project and get houses stuff done and my other house sold.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think it's something to do with the car being a '17 V6 car - same as mine. I haven't had time to really research it, I just updated my build thread - and I had a full dyno tune done by a local, very reputable guy who has a lot of late model and 3.7 Mustang experience and he was frustrated about not being able to get the power he thinks is there out of my car. He spend 3-4 hours and actually discounted the agreed upon price, because he wasn't happy with the numbers.

Don't have the graph handy (moved to a new house, stuff everywhere etc) but if memory serves the numbers were very close to yours. Shorty headers, ported intakes, cold air intake, 77mm TB etc.

It's on the back burner now - but come Spring I'm going to hit the track mainly for data log runs. I've spoken at length with the tuner and he wants to see the data log runs as well. We've also talked at length about going forced induction. He's fine with the Procharger route and I'd get the tuner kit, install everything myself and then it bring it to him to tune.
So I have a 2017 v6 with 25k miles on it, ive done roush CAI and roush axlebacks no tune. When i ran a dyno i got 253.23hp/271.86lbft in 4th gear after hitting my speed limiter at 5200 rpm. Then got 273.46hp/269.67lbft in third gear. All at wheel of course. Side note, my car also runs with a compression of 13.5:1

Last edited:

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a 2017 v6 with 25k miles on it, ive done roush CAI and roush axlebacks no tune. When i ran a dyno i got 253.23hp/271.86lbft in 4th gear after hitting my speed limiter at 5200 rpm. Then got 273.46hp/289.67lbft in third gear. All at wheel of course. Side note, my car also runs with a compression of 13.5:1
Was it a Dynojet? I'm surprised the shop did that in 3rd gear. Dynojet mathematically gets the HP number based on mass (known weight of the dyno rollers) and acceleration - how fast the car accelerates the known weight. Lower gears would cause acceleration to go up which would make HP numbers go up as well.

roryedits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic V6
Vehicle Showcase
Was it a Dynojet? I'm surprised the shop did that in 3rd gear. Dynojet mathematically gets the HP number based on mass (known weight of the dyno rollers) and acceleration - how fast the car accelerates the known weight. Lower gears would cause acceleration to go up which would make HP numbers go up as well.
Honestly not sure, new to the whole professional car modding scene more or less. Basically the guy who dynoed it said my numbers should be lower than what we we would have gotten in the proper gears. Im doing a tune and xpipe in the next few weeks so i should be able to do a run in 5th gear soon, ill take it back to the same shop to compare and Ill let you know.
Sponsored