Sponsored

Car won’t start after MPT tune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Uploaded the 93PRX to my car successfully and could not get the car to start after. No crank, nothing. Had to revert back to the stock tune for it to run again. Would this be a tune issue with MPT or something with SCT?
Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I'd contact mpt first and see what they say. Your lucky you didn't brick the computer... maybe the tune didn't upload to the sct device correctly since it did pull your stock tune, saved it, and restored it correctly. My money's on the tune file is corrupted. Make sure the device is updated, delete the mpt tune, REDOWNLOAD the mpt tune again from the email, and try loading it again.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Did you manage to install the tune? I'm curious as to why your car didn't start after installing the tune.

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Contact your tuner ASAP and tell them to make it right (you paid money for it), it is probably corruption as stated here. I would also spend the time to make sure they actually datalog for your vehicle instead of giving you one sized fits all tune that causes quirks that pop up here ever so often with no clear diagnosis/resolution.

OP
OP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Forgot to update this thread but I contacted MPT and they resolved the issue by sending me updated tunes. I was told the following: SCT has determined there is an issue in their software causing this. As recommended I will likely do some data logging to ensure there are not any other issues.
Sponsored