MPT Tune Officially out

Otto Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenneth
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange V6
So I got the tune. MPT says to flash back to stock when taking the car to the dealership.

If my car is out of warranty already anyway, is that still a concern?

Tuning also took about 10 minutes. Does that seem normal?
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
So I got the tune. MPT says to flash back to stock when taking the car to the dealership.

Yes that can be normal especially on the first load of a tune. Is your car out of bumper to bumper and still have powertrain? Or just out of both? You should always detune before a visit in case they flash your ecu even if out of warranty. Just a precaution.

Last edited:

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I’m still not tuned. This is my DD. Would it be worth it to tune?

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT

If your out of warranty no. Just make sure to tell the dealer if they do work to not flash your computer..

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT

Sponsored

braxus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6, 2019 Mustang GT
QUESTION. Do you lose a noticeable amount of power when choosing the MPT 87 octane race tune vs 93? Is the 87 tune worth it over stock tune?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
QUESTION. Do you lose a noticeable amount of power when choosing the MPT 87 octane race tune vs 93? Is the 87 tune worth it over stock tune?
It'll basically be transmission tuning which is definitely worth it from them over a stock auto car. The higher octane allows better timing which means more power, but you'll probably get an improvement across the power band regardless.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Just putting this out there in case it might help someone. I used to get really harsh shifts going from 1-2 and 2-3 on 75%+ throttle. A couple of times it really caught me off guard so I decided to take it back to stock tune. After doing some research , I decided to load the tune differently this time. I input the rear gear ratio and also the tire size manually while uploading the tune. Once the tune was uploaded, I turned off the ignition and opened the door, waited 20 seconds. Closed the door turned the ignition on and then reset the KAM settings. I repeated the turn off and door open once more. Then I started the car. It’s been a week since I loaded the tune and my gear shifts are amazing now, There’s no harshness whatsoever. I don’t know wether the KAM reset was the cure for the harsh shifts or the manual tire size and axle ratio inputs

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
Just putting this out there in case it might help someone. I used to get really harsh shifts going from 1-2 and 2-3 on 75%+ throttle. A couple of times it really caught me off guard so I decided to take it back to stock tune. After doing some research , I decided to load the tune differently this time. I input the rear gear ratio and also the tire size manually while uploading the tune. Once the tune was uploaded, I turned off the ignition and opened the door, waited 20 seconds. Closed the door turned the ignition on and then reset the KAM settings. I repeated the turn off and door open once more. Then I started the car. It’s been a week since I loaded the tune and my gear shifts are amazing now, There’s no harshness whatsoever. I don’t know wether the KAM reset was the cure for the harsh shifts or the manual tire size and axle ratio inputs
It had to be the KAM reset. I had a similar issue and used my SCT tuner to reset KAM which cleared up the problem immediately.

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
What is KAM? Would it be useful to reset it even with the stock tune?

Sponsored

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
What is KAM? Would it be useful to reset it even with the stock tune?
β€œkeep alive memoryβ€œ, not sure about resetting with a stock tune but it keeps things running smoothly if your car has an aftermarket tune.
Sponsored