Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Haha, ok sounds good. I think I want to dial in my suspension before I move on to more power mods. I'm installing some Koni oranges soon, and after that I plan on getting a set of sway bars, then wheels and tires.
Lock out cradle and steeda shock mounts are a better bang for your buck than sway bars.
Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Lock out cradle and steeda shock mounts are a better bang for your buck than sway bars.
Really? Ok. I have the BMR CB005 already. What benefit does the rear shock mount give you?

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I have to disagree.

I guess it depends on what the goals are with the car. I installed Ford PP front and rear swaybars on my '17 V6. Brand new, including new bushings for the rear (front PP bar includes bushings) + they were a tick over $100 shipped to my door. Install is cake.
The difference was HUGE in handling and ride.

Again for a bit over $100 it's honestly one of the best bang for buck things I've done to the car.

Some time soon I'm going to add the FR3 Ford Racing struts / shocks and GT350R springs.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Really? Ok. I have the BMR CB005 already. What benefit does the rear shock mount give you?
I only say this since your moving towards aftermarket shocks already. There is a whole thread on the steeda ones in the suspension sub forum that talks about them. It will tie in the new shocks. JMR just released their own version too that is cheaper than steeda. You have springs too?

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I only say this since your moving towards aftermarket shocks already. There is a whole thread on the steeda ones in the suspension sub forum that talks about them. It will tie in the new shocks. JMR just released their own version too that is cheaper than steeda. You have springs too?
Yeah I was looking into the JMR ones as well. Good to know. I definitely want to increase the handling for sure. I do have springs already. I'm on Eibach prokits with the base suspension, soon to be on Koni oranges.

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I have to disagree.

I guess it depends on what the goals are with the car. I installed Ford PP front and rear swaybars on my '17 V6. Brand new, including new bushings for the rear (front PP bar includes bushings) + they were a tick over $100 shipped to my door. Install is cake.

Again for a bit over $100 it's honestly one of the best bang for buck things I've done to the car.

Some time soon I'm going to add the FR3 Ford Racing struts / shocks and GT350R springs.
Very cool! Yeah I was thinking of actually going with the GT350r sway bars. I think shipped, they would be about $170 to my door.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I have to disagree.

Well I too have to disagree. I installed PP sway bars as well. The only reason I did was because they came with the PP suspension parts i bought (front control arms, toe links, shock/struts). I noticed a larger degree of difference with my handling springs then any of those items. Yes it felt more composed but to say the PP sway bars made that much difference is not something I would subscribe too. The PP says are literally 1 millimeter thicker in the rear and the fronts are exactly the same size as base v6. The difference is the bushings are pressed on which gives a more on center feel when driving. It can actually be argued this pressed on bushing becomes an issue the more power and suspension parts u add as u will end up with deflection and binding in the sway bars. So much so I switched to Steeda adjustables. I noticed an improvement after that for sure. But of course this is all subjective so what I notice and you notice are based on just that, us. But I do think a better bang for your buck would be the GT350R sway bar which last time I checked was still in the 100s with bushings.

Last edited:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well I too have to disagree. I installed PP sway bars as well. The only reason I did was because they came with the PP suspension parts i bought (front control arms, toe links, shock/struts). I noticed a larger degree of difference with my handling springs. Then any of those items. Yes it felt more composed but to say the PP sway bars made that much difference is not something I would subscribe too. The PP says are literally 1 millimeter thicker in the rear and the fronts are exactly the same size as base v6. The difference is the bushings are pressed on which gives a more on center feel when driving. It can actually be argued this pressed on bushing becomes an issue the more power and suspension parts u add as u will end up with deflection and binding in the sway bars. So much so I switched to Steeda adjustables. I noticed an improvement after that for sure. But of course this is all subjective so what I notice and you notice are based on just that, us. But I do think a better bang for your buck would be the GT350R sway bar which last time I checked was still in the 100s with bushings.
Not coming in from a value perspective although I did get VERY good pricing on mine, but agree that the Steeda sway bars were a huge improvement in handling for me. Obviously a bigger step up than the PP bars and a bit over GT350/R bars so the change is amplified, but I loved the change. Never bothered with the PP ones so I can't compare to those.

Wrong thread for it all though ;)

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Not coming in from a value perspective although I did get VERY good pricing on mine, but agree that the Steeda sway bars were a huge improvement in handling for me. Obviously a bigger step up than the PP bars and a bit over GT350/R bars so the change is amplified, but I loved the change. Never bothered with the PP ones so I can't compare to those.

Wrong thread for it all though ;)
Well damn...we did quite get off topic didnt we. So how about those MPT tunes!

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
On topic, I just requested MPT to do a tune update for me, mostly just for the gear display. I'm also hoping that they continue to make improvements to their tunes. Mine were originally from 2 years ago.

Now slightly off topic, where does one get gt350r sway bars for $170?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
On topic, I just requested MPT to do a tune update for me, mostly just for the gear display. I'm also hoping that they continue to make improvements to their tunes. Mine were originally from 2 years ago.

Now slightly off topic, where does one get gt350r sway bars for $170?
Check this thread for all the feedback and part numbers. My recommendation for dealer is always Benny @LevittownFordParts.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
So I did a 0-60 today. 3rd test since the 93 tune, first was 5.9 and second 5.6. Really happy with the latest results! MPT rules.
IMAG0929.jpg

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I really need to find a nice empty back road to test mine out on now, haven't done it in awhile.

Baso

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bassem
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2016 Mustang V6
I really need to find a nice empty back road to test mine out on now, haven't done it in awhile.
Pretty sure you guys got plenty of back roads over in the US LOL. The road pictured in my post is probably the best road for doing 0-60 runs where I live, and it's not even close to decent. Infrastructure in this country is in a hopeless state :curse:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure you guys got plenty of back roads over in the US LOL. The road pictured in my post is probably the best road for doing 0-60 runs where I live, and it's not even close to decent. Infrastructure in this country is in a hopeless state :curse:
Plenty of nice roads yes, but also too many cars, that part is my challenge. I'm sure I could go find a warehouse area to do some, but roads aren't the smoothest there and I'd rather not hit a random dip or get cops on me by the property owner.
Sponsored