Eric0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I used the bracket and quick release mount from Brey Krause. Bolts to bottom of seat on either side and moves with the seat. Well built and pricey but worth it.
Could you show some more pictures of how it mounts underneath? thanks
Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I'm another user of the Speed Tactics flat mount. Only recommendation is that you secure the lock-out pin with something that is easily removable, but that stops it from rattling. Otherwise the mount is very secure and unobtrusive.

Installs by just removing the two rectangular caps covering the front seat bolts, then take out the bolts using a T-50 bit, slide the bracket in place under the seat brackets and reinstall the bolts.

Here's a pic of it installed under the front two bolts of the passenger seat....

IMG_20170517_172958769_zps7vx0tiwe.jpg

IMG_20170517_172946874_zpshgisgvky.jpg
Are you able to adjust the seat all the way forward?

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Could you show some more pictures of how it mounts underneath? thanks
Sure can. Uses existing holes in the seat frame. Easiest to remove the seat bolts and tilt it back still in the car. Pretty solid mount. The seat bracket itself is wrinkle finish steel. The extinguisher mount is well machined and quick release with one hand. Bought the extinguishers from Summit Racing.
IMG_2707.JPG
IMG_2708.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG
IMG_2716.JPG
IMG_2718.JPG
IMG_2721.JPG

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I thought about doing this as well. Please post pictures when you get a chance. Thanks.
Sorry for the bad photo and dirty car, but here is my custom made mount. Made it out of an old street sign and bought a 3LB auto fire extinguisher from Home Depot for ~$30. I'll try to get some better and cleaner pictures soon.

Here are the measurements if anyone wants to make one.

Sponsored

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
Sorry for the bad photo and dirty car, but here is my custom made mount. Made it out of an old street sign and bought a 3LB auto fire extinguisher from Home Depot for ~$30. I'll try to get some better and cleaner pictures soon.

Here are the measurements if anyone wants to make one.

Looks good! and save some $. Since your custom mounts the same as speedtactics, I'll ask the question. Can you move the seat all the way forward with extinguisher installed?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Looks good! and save some $. Since your custom mounts the same as speedtactics, I'll ask the question. Can you move the seat all the way forward with extinguisher installed?
Thanks! Yeah I almost bought the speedtactics one so many times but just couldn't pay $95 for a bent piece of metal with holes in it.

I haven't tried yet but I do know it moves at least most of the way. I'll try it out tomorrow and report back.

Rgluckman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Heated Cooled Seats?

Sure can. Uses existing holes in the seat frame. Easiest to remove the seat bolts and tilt it back still in the car. Pretty solid mount. The seat bracket itself is wrinkle finish steel. The extinguisher mount is well machined and quick release with one hand. Bought the extinguishers from Summit Racing.
Hey bud, are those the Heated/Cooled Seats in your GT350?
I have this exact BK R-9520 Quick Release mount and the BK R-2160 Seat Mount and a Halon Extinguisher but couldn't figure out how to install it on my heated/cooled seats. Did you have to do any modding under your seat? Did you have to rip anything out or did it bolt right up?

Sponsored

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
Hey bud, are those the Heated/Cooled Seats in your GT350?
I have this exact BK R-9520 Quick Release mount and the BK R-2160 Seat Mount and a Halon Extinguisher but couldn't figure out how to install it on my heated/cooled seats. Did you have to do any modding under your seat? Did you have to rip anything out or did it bolt right up?
Yes good catch. Forgot to mention that on the passenger side heated/cooled seat there is a plastic mount for some electrical hardware that uses the mounts for the BK extinguisher mount. Remove the plastic mount and electrical stuff from that mount first. Secure the electrical stuff with some cable ties elsewhere under the seat. Then mount the BK plate and your all set. The drivers seat does not have any same/similar stuff in the way so if you take a look under that seat you will see the 3 mounting points in the seat frame.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I made my own brackets for my halguard, came out perfect for about 5 dollars of aluminum.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Fire extinguisher, no. Eng and fuel cutoff's and fire suppression yes but not on a street car. Having said that, is this a cosmetic install? I don't see how a fire extinguisher in the car would help anything. I have never seen a car crash in a racing series or on the street when someone released the extinguisher, armed it and then proceeded to extinguish a fire. Also, the devices have to be regularly inspected and replaced to remain serviceable. Other wise hand held extinguishers are a hindrance, IMO.

Last edited:

roycemek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
That Brey Krause mount looks nice and I like how it moves with the seat. It says it works with the base seats but anyone know if it will work on the Recaro's?

OP
OP
Rael

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Fire extinguisher, no. Eng and fuel cutoff's and fire suppression yes but not on a street car. Having said that, is this a cosmetic install? I don't see how a fire extinguisher in the car would help anything. I have never seen a car crash in a racing series or on the street when someone released the extinguisher, armed it and then proceeded to extinguish a fire. Also, the devices have to be regularly inspected and replaced to remain serviceable. Other wise hand held extinguishers are a hindrance, IMO.
Various track events require installed fire extinguishers. Otherwise, I wouldn't be bothering with it either.
Sponsored