Fire Extinguisher Mounting

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Does anyone make a mount for under the (front) driver or passenger seat?
Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm bumping this thread based on this post. Has anyone installed a fire extinguisher? Preferably one that looks at home in the stock GT350 interior?

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
I'm bumping this thread based on this post. Has anyone installed a fire extinguisher? Preferably one that looks at home in the stock GT350 interior?
I am looking to install one as well and would love to know if anyone has personally done it? :shrug:

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've been just driving around with one laying snug in my passenger seat. I know it's not that safe to have loose, heavy, hard objects in the cabin but most of the time it's just me driving the car and I'm just commuting 15-20 min each way to work where the highest posted speed limit is 40 mph. Yea, my car is way overkill...

I can't think of a clean way to mount it. Also make sure if you get an extinguisher it's an automotive grade one. There's some sort of classification for them, and some reason(s) you don't want a generic household one.

Sponsored

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Would the Boss extinguisher mounts work?

Its possible it would work IF I still had the Recaro's installed. I'm not sure I'm crazy about having one mounted to the seat adjustment bar. And for mine with fabric power seats its not possible to mount it that way. But thanks for the nice pic of how you did it.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
I can't think of a clean way to mount it. Also make sure if you get an extinguisher it's an automotive grade one. There's some sort of classification for them said:
I think this is the way I'm going to go with it.
For mounting the extinguisher to the seat bracket.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/vehicle_brackets_nb300.htm
The extinguisher it self.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/hg250b.htm
The seat bracket. I was told it bolts to 2 bolts that hold the seat to the sliding mechanism and not to the floor bolts.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/seat_mounts.htm

I might have to make some tweeks to it but won't know until I get the parts and get them in position.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Hit the Europe site. Fire extinguishers are required in all cars in Belgium. There will definitely be some ideas and experience there...

Sponsored

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Its possible it would work IF I still had the Recaro's installed. I'm not sure I'm crazy about having one mounted to the seat adjustment bar. And for mine with fabric power seats its not possible to mount it that way. But thanks for the nice pic of how you did it.
No worries Shelbyman, BTW, I simply hotlinked to a Google pic, but I do have one of those mounts from when I owned a Boss.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I have two aluminum brackets that go under the mounting rails and bolt to the two front seat mount holes.

Works perfect, and I use a halguard fire extringushier

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
I think this is the way I'm going to go with it.
For mounting the extinguisher to the seat bracket.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/vehicle_brackets_nb300.htm
The extinguisher it self.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/hg250b.htm
The seat bracket. I was told it bolts to 2 bolts that hold the seat to the sliding mechanism and not to the floor bolts.
http://www.h3rperformance.com/seat_mounts.htm

I might have to make some tweeks to it but won't know until I get the parts and get them in position.
Ok I'm bumping this post for an update. I tried for a good while to see if the H3R seat mount would work on my standard 2015 bucket seats that I replaced the Recaros with. Well there is no way I could see to mount the bracket to the seat. :headbonk: Looked carefully underneath the seat and came up with nothing really workable. Not sure how it would be with the Recaros as I didn't look at them. Now I could have tried to mount the bracket to the floor but that would have involved cutting the plastic seat frame trim and I didn't want to do that. :shrug: So I've ordered the Speedtactics simple under the seat frame bracket mount and it should be a very simple install. I'll update later.
Sponsored