Sponsored

Motor Let Go Tonight

Edkiefer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XR4ti
Reading the deep dive link off that article it sounds like quite a few changes were made for the RS including beefed up internals, a new head and a new turbo. Maybe these changes will make their way to the 2018 ecoboost. That is what I am hoping.
Don't mean to be downer, but "if" that artical has full info of changes I didn't see anything that was beefed up internally on bottom end.

There were few interesting changes IMO.
1) they say they beefed up the cylinder liners for higher boost. So this helps with liner shifting/distorting and helps with cylinder gasket blowing.
2)They have new head with better flow ,they maybe needed this anyway as this engine now transverse for FWD/AWD config.
3) They have larger turbo for better top end, this helps with less boost at very low speeds I guess (we have to see), so this helps with low speed reliability.
4) they talked about overboost feature , my guess they have something like 12-15base boost and then in 3500-6500rpm (just made up numbers as example) like 20lb boost.
If so this type of feature would also help and at same time give good power in peak powerband range.

Anyway, that what I take from limited info, be good to see more info once there released into wild.
Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
Mine let go just now...

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium

Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
Mine let go just now...
Ugh that sucks, very sorry to hear another one. If you plan to pursue a potential warranty repair I highly suggest you do not post anything more on the forums. Once it is all resolved please tell us your story. I wish you the best of luck.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Sorry to hear it brother, I know your pain. You were running the Cobb OTS tune?
I'm thinking about starting a thread discussing our built engine options unless I find a good one

Edit: removed false info

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
From the Sig it looks like another tune+ etuned. I'm thinking about starting a thread discussing our built engine options unless I find a good one
Its on the upcoming mods though his current was an Ots tune. Atleast from what I see.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Its on the upcoming mods though his current was an Ots tune. Atleast from what I see.
You right I didn't see the little legend at the top. That's crazy with all these engines popping in a row

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Man this sucks. He is not the only one either. Another forum member PM'd me yesterday about his engine going. Not sure if he is going to post a thread or not. Its like one or two a week lately.

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
5300 on the odo... automatic and the only INSTALLED mods were the map intake. Car was running the OTS stage 1 cobb tune but was reflashed back to stock last week. Was waiting to get tune+ until the weather broke so that I could do data logging. So much for that...

Sponsored

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
Man this sucks. He is not the only one either. Another forum member PM'd me yesterday about his engine going. Not sure if he is going to post a thread or not. Its like one or two a week lately.
Mine is the one that popped yesterday. Rod went threw the block. Basically full bolt ons.

DanFish

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT, 2015 Black Eco
My engine let go after I left from stop light and gave it about 20% throttle. Car got to 10 mph started smoking and rpms drop then turned off. Oil was all over the road and then I had my friend check it out at his shop and he said a rod went threw. Car is at dealership now waiting for them to break the engine down and see what happened. I understand I modded my car so it's my problem so I'm going to replace the engine myself. It will be a little while though because I am stationed in Korea. Car was also built in 10/2014

JStang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost
5300 on the odo... automatic and the only INSTALLED mods were the map intake. Car was running the OTS stage 1 cobb tune but was reflashed back to stock last week. Was waiting to get tune+ until the weather broke so that I could do data logging. So much for that...
Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear about another one. Do you know what your build date is?

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
I find it strange that all these ecoboost engines are all suddenly dying all around the same time. I was thinking of trading in my v6 for the ecoboost, but not so much anymore.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Anyone have a running dashcam during these booms?
Sponsored