Ecoboost Built Motor

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Nothing in the logs seemed out of the ordinary. No knock count at all. Considering that my engine blew about 2 minutes after I took the logs I’d say that it was very unexpected. One thing I do recommend is to not stay on the logs in between revisions. Switch back to the base tune each time after logs just in case there might be a minor issue with the revision that could damage anything
That's good advance, switching back to a base tune!
Since I'll have E85 in my tank for the track, I'll be restricted to run E85 on the street. Why not get 2 E85 tunes then? One for the track and one for the street?
When I blow my motor apart, I want to do it at WOT, as I cross the 1320 foot line, not on the way to Wal-Mart!
Sponsored

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
That's good advance, switching back to a base tune!
Since I'll have E85 in my tank for the track, I'll be restricted to run E85 on the street. Why not get 2 E85 tunes then? One for the track and one for the street?
When I blow my motor apart, I want to do it at WOT, as I cross the 1320 foot line, not on the way to Wal-Mart!
thats a good idea in my opinion. if its gonna blow make it happen pushing its limits!

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Sorry I haven't posted any updates in here in a while. I have been very busy with school, sports, and other events. Two fridays ago the car came back up and running. It was tuned locally through lsxkillrcustoms in Bonner Springs KS. We decided to have them do a baseline tune just to get it running solid and have no issues while breaking it in. This shop tunes through the sct tuning device so I have switched over to that. They also installed a set of AEM AFR and Boost/Vacuum gauges on the a pillar for me(purchased through maperformance). I had been in contact with jessie at ems who helped me tremendously throughout the process and even assisted with ordering and instructions for building the engine to the people who built it. There is a break in period of 500 miles that we are doing on a baseline tune in low rpm and mph to put as little stress on the engine as possible.
1st day with the car only had a few minor issues; 1: AFR went crazy and high idle in park(diagnosis: throttle body vacuum line popped off; easy fix) 2: low voltage in the alternator (diagnosis: problem went away after alternator was tested and read full power; assume the car was not used to the new power the gauges + sct tuner used). The next 3-4 days the car ran smoothly, put on about 250-300 miles. However, one morning we noticed a small oil leak overnight. Contacting jessie and getting his insight, he thought it may have been a poorly sealed rear main(engine and transmission meeting point) due to where the oil was leaking from under the car. The car was then taken back to the shop where it was built and has been there for a few days. We received an email from them telling us that they diagnosed it as a bad seal on the oil pan. They have since removed it and are re sealing it. If everything goes accordingly, we should have the car back today or within the next couple of days. Once it is back I will upload some pictures and updates on how everything is going. Tuning day should be coming up within the next couple of weeks so be ready for that!

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
what all is in the kit for e85? hpfp and injectors?
Package #1 includes the fuel block and fuel rail plus 4 low pressure fuel injectors (no hpfp required).
Next will be the plumbing, fuel lines, fittings, non electronic controls. And finally the electronic controller itself, wiring, sensors, relays, etc.
After everything has been installed, Jessie will arrange for Ryan of PD to program my ECU to receive information and send commands to and from the additional hardware.

Screenshot_2021-10-12-12-39-13.png

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Package #1 includes the fuel block and fuel rail plus 4 low pressure fuel injectors (no hpfp required).
Next will be the plumbing, fuel lines, fittings, non electronic controls. And finally the electronic controller itself, wiring, sensors, relays, etc.
After everything has been installed, Jessie will arrange for Ryan of PD to program my ECU to receive information and send commands to and from the additional hardware.

Screenshot_2021-10-12-12-39-13.png
Screenshot_2021-10-15-10-27-11.png

Box 2 & 3

Last edited:
OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Got the car dynoed and tuned last week at a shop local in my area (lsxkilrcalibrations). It is currently just tuned for 91 and is still on stock fuel system so it isn't making anything too crazy yet. They were able to make 360 whp and 400 tq at 5200 RPM. I am very happy with the results and the car is running very well. Huge shoutout to jessie ringley @ engineered motorsport solutions for all the help along the build process!

Wera750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
World's Fastest EcoBoost Mustang (940 WHP)
Leave $5k on a stump out in the woods & when you go back in an hour there's a bitchin short block in its place.
I don't know who you are, but this shit made me lose it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We took the liberty to create said stump and put out in front of the shop!

-Jessie from EMS

PXL_20220422_150446115.jpg

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I don't know who you are, but this shit made me lose it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

We took the liberty to create said stump and put out in front of the shop!

-Jessie from EMS

PXL_20220422_150446115.jpg
That's awesome. I love it.

Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Screenshot_20220425-113955.png

Update on the E85 kit. Everything went together really well. Very happy with the equipment quality and after sale support!

OP
OP

exodus.eco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aidan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium
Screenshot_20220425-113955.png

Update on the E85 kit. Everything went together really well. Very happy with the equipment quality and after sale support!
Did you install it yourself? How difficult was it? I’m looking to go this route once I get the money and trying to calculate installation fees and tuning. Also How much does it make?

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Did you install it yourself? How difficult was it? I’m looking to go this route once I get the money and trying to calculate installation fees and tuning. Also How much does it make?
I installed it myself with the help of easy to follow instructions provided by Jessie Ringley of EMS.
I was only running an OTS cobb tune, so I went ahead and purchased the complete package, which includes tuning by Ryan Martin of PD.
Once completed, I should be right at 400 HP.
Sponsored