Modifying As-Built Data Guide

AlexLam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2018, Mazda RX-8
Unfortunately no, being that I had a 2016 Cali Special and now a 2020 Shelby GT500 which both have the same front style, yours was the refresh front with the little lights as wannabe fog lights, but as far as I know it still would not be able to be switched by forscan, again, I could be wrong.

Please explain what position indicator is as I dont know what that means, I know the amber as parking lights or drl lights and turn signal, parking lights come on when you tick the dial once to the right, drls obviously would be on all the time (unless the tri-bars are your drls).
Sorry for confusing, yes I mean with position, parking lights, that actually works as well as dlr. I think in my case they turned on for any modes of the dial (once or auto).
As you can see from the first picture. My tree bars DLR is active, and amber light is also active.(static)
From the second image you can see that amber light is brighter(blinking), because turn signal(left in this case) is turned on.
The idea is to disable the case on the first picture, DLR/parking static amber. And leave only for turn signal.
I will try to set the Active DLR options, that I found into another thread. Will see how it works.

IMG_5524.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg
Sponsored

AlexLam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Sorry for confusing, yes I mean with position, parking lights, that actually works as well as dlr. I think in my case they turned on for any modes of the dial (once or auto).
As you can see from the first picture. My tree bars DLR is active, and amber light is also active.(static)
From the second image you can see that amber light is brighter(blinking), because turn signal(left in this case) is turned on.
The idea is to disable the case on the first picture, DLR/parking static amber. And leave only for turn signal.
I will try to set the Active DLR options, that I found into another thread. Will see how it works.
After some research, I can say for sure that the problem for me with is Parking Lights. At day time in AUTO mode(4th mode on light control), the Parking light is disabled. So the front lights look like this: - DLR (3white lines) is active + Parking lights (near the fog) are OFF. And if I enable the TURN signal, the amber blinking turn signal will appear (near the fog). It's good!

But at night time, or when I use 3rd mode on light control, I have a situation like in the pictures that I have shared before. DLR (3 lines) active + Main Light active + Parking active. If I enable the turn signal I will have 2 amber lights, one from turn and another from parking(position)
So basically need to disable the Parking fog light(light amber) from 3rd and 4th mode on light control. As I understand from the Certification guy, who checked my car.

What I tried already is to play around with DLR configuration, Dedicated DLR, and some options around it in the BdyCM module, but for didn't achieve a satisfactory result.
I can't find any good master around me in 500km, so need to solve it by myself.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
After some research, I can say for sure that the problem for me with is Parking Lights. At day time in AUTO mode(4th mode on light control), the Parking light is disabled. So the front lights look like this: - DLR (3white lines) is active + Parking lights (near the fog) are OFF. And if I enable the TURN signal, the amber blinking turn signal will appear (near the fog). It's good!

But at night time, or when I use 3rd mode on light control, I have a situation like in the pictures that I have shared before. DLR (3 lines) active + Main Light active + Parking active. If I enable the turn signal I will have 2 amber lights, one from turn and another from parking(position)
So basically need to disable the Parking fog light(light amber) from 3rd and 4th mode on light control. As I understand from the Certification guy, who checked my car.

What I tried already is to play around with DLR configuration, Dedicated DLR, and some options around it in the BdyCM module, but for didn't achieve a satisfactory result.
Ok wait, after reading this post, you say that when the dial is in Auto (in the US, its Off, Parking light, Headlights, Auto) The parking/Amber is off, which is fine, but putting it in 3rd position (Headlight) its on, this is normal and cannot be changed by forscan as far as I know as this is normal behavior, which your tail lights would do the same thing) What about the first position on the left (Which is the off position) does the amber/parking lights come on? If not then its working as it should.

If your whole attempt is to turn off the amber lights when the headlights come then I cannot help you as I only know by cutting the line that feeds power to that mode and forscan cannot help with this either, and if it can, I dont know of anyone who has found that line of code or even looked for it.

Marko80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016
If you're trying to alter the vehicle to be compliant for a market it wasn't engineered for, good luck. There are entire teams of people doing this for vehicle and equipment manufacturers.
Well I don't know if I'm trying to override something with this... all I would like is to get rid of annoying open door ajar with car stopped and lights in ON position. I would prefer gills even more, but I am on a wrong continent☹

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

I don't believe there is any market where the amber marker lamps are supposed to be off when the headlamps are on. The amber marker lamps are required. Removing them would likely make your vehicle fail any required inspection.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Well I don't know if I'm trying to override something with this... all I would like is to get rid of annoying open door ajar with car stopped and lights in ON position. I would prefer gills even more, but I am on a wrong continent☹
On a 2016 you can disable the double-honk that happens when you leave the vehicle running and get out. The chime that reminds you to turn your headlamps off to spare your battery when the vehicle is off hasn't ever been discussed before, but as that has been a feature of vehicles since the 1970s, I doubt there is a market that omits it.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe there is any market where the amber marker lamps are supposed to be off when the headlamps are on. The amber marker lamps are required. Removing them would likely make your vehicle fail any required inspection.
The car is not a US car but in Spain so this would not apply to him, but you are right, and mentioned the same above.

Marko80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016
On a 2016 you can disable the double-honk that happens when you leave the vehicle running and get out. The chime that reminds you to turn your headlamps off to spare your battery when the vehicle is off hasn't ever been discussed before, but as that has been a feature of vehicles since the 1970s, I doubt there is a market that omits it.
This feature is really useless - when vehicle is off, headlights are off (not working), despite the fact that the knob is set to "headlights on". Why than bother with open door ajar chime?

Nevertheless, has anyone an idea how to solve this?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This feature is really useless - when vehicle is off, headlights are off (not working), despite the fact that the knob is set to "headlights on". Why than bother with open door ajar chime?

Nevertheless, has anyone an idea how to solve this?
That's odd. Is there anything aftermarket on your vehicle?

On my '16, if the knob is set to AUTO, there is no door ajar chime. If the knob is set to PARK or ON, the appropriate lights stay on no matter what state the ignition is in, and, if the ignition is off and the door is open, it chimes a reminder.

(It's relevant: I have a manual, and set the parking brake)

Marko80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016
That's odd. Is there anything aftermarket on your vehicle?

On my '16, if the knob is set to AUTO, there is no door ajar chime. If the knob is set to PARK or ON, the appropriate lights stay on no matter what state the ignition is in, and, if the ignition is off and the door is open, it chimes a reminder.

(It's relevant: I have a manual, and set the parking brake)
I don't know if anything was changed as this is second hand car... in Europe unfortunately we didn't get the gills, which are really great... however, I must have some sort of DRL...therefore
I would like to have low beams as DRL. With lights on and car off door ajar chime is reaaaaally annoying...

I have no clue how to solve this... so I would really appreciate any suggestion, solution....

Sponsored

Billips1002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Is there a known method to program the car to default to Track Mode at key on? Likewise, is there a known method to program the car to default to Comfort steering?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Is there a known method to program the car to default to Track Mode at key on? Likewise, is there a known method to program the car to default to Comfort steering?
Track Mode: definitely not, this was searched, the setting is in ram
Comfort Steering I believe is the same situation.

Billips1002

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Track Mode: definitely not, this was searched, the setting is in ram
Comfort Steering I believe is the same situation.
This is a bummer. My last Mustang was a Boss 302 and I only ever used the red key.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Sounds like you just want the amber running light off. Amber running light only comes on when the headlights are turned ON or when it is dark and the switch is set to AUTO. There is only one way to achieve this... depin the wire that feeds power to the amber running light. You can find out how to do it in this thread. Read it all: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...og-running-light-assembly.132859/post-2739161

AlexLam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you just want the amber running light off. Amber running light only comes on when the headlights are turned ON or when it is dark and the switch is set to AUTO. There is only one way to achieve this... depin the wire that feeds power to the amber running light. You can find out how to do it in this thread. Read it all: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...og-running-light-assembly.132859/post-2739161

Thank you for the information, everyone. I will have a look at it.

But for the update, I have decided to physically modify the front fog lights to update the amber light -> to white light. Basically what I found, was that any computer fix would be not enough to pass the ITV.
Sponsored