Modifying As-Built Data Guide

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
This looks like the tail light is the issue it seems, and without cracking it open there is no way to access the board. Looks like you more than likely need a replacement. I dont know if the dealership could test the unit, but I have a feeling your going to be back at the same point.
I put the brand new tail lights in, I get the same issue the outter passenger side will not light on turn, brake, or hazzard. I hat to pay Ford money for something I can do. Or pay them for a costly diagnostic then pay them for the costly repair
Sponsored

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Then the only thing I can think of it using a conduit tester and see if your getting current on all the pins at the pigtail that connects to the lights, if not then the painstaking back tracing begins. This now seems to be a electrical gremlin that needs to be found. After testing that all the pins have current, I would (since its the simplest thing) start from the fuse box and just check them all.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I think I know the answer to these questions (to be fair, I've gone through a bunch of pages here, but there's too many).

Is there a way:
- have sideview mirrors tilt down when in reverse?
- Have tire temperature? (I assume it would have to be interpolated from TPMS)
- Fixing a volume down/up bug in my Sync3 (Sometimes when I roll the volume wheel down, volume blasts up to the max)
- Remember last used driving mode? (I mostly drive in track mode)
- Having better control of mycolor? (my car does have mycolor, but even with the custom 'creator' option are limited (2017 model)
- Programming a new camera (that came with a NEW decklid, but won't show lines, etc..)

Also, does anyone know of any OBD2 adapter that would work with both iPhone and laptop for 'programming' forscan (Mac, but I run parallels)

I assume remote windows up still is not possible?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I think I know the answer to these questions (to be fair, I've gone through a bunch of pages here, but there's too many).

Is there a way:
No - have sideview mirrors tilt down when in reverse?
No Only PSI- Have tire temperature? (I assume it would have to be interpolated from TPMS)
No - Fixing a volume down/up bug in my Sync3 (Sometimes when I roll the volume wheel down, volume blasts up to the max)
No, Its RAM- Remember last used driving mode? (I mostly drive in track mode)
No - Having better control of mycolor? (my car does have mycolor, but even with the custom 'creator' option are limited (2017 model)

Also, does anyone know of any OBD2 adapter that would work with both iPhone and laptop for 'programming' forscan (Mac, but I run parallels)

- No Mobile devices can't make changes (With Forscan at least).

- No, Hardware for this is not there, I think there's a company that makes a PnP harness to add in line unit to do that.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
No - have sideview mirrors tilt down when in reverse?
No Only PSI- Have tire temperature? (I assume it would have to be interpolated from TPMS)
No - Fixing a volume down/up bug in my Sync3 (Sometimes when I roll the volume wheel down, volume blasts up to the max)
No, Its RAM- Remember last used driving mode? (I mostly drive in track mode)
No - Having better control of mycolor? (my car does have mycolor, but even with the custom 'creator' option are limited (2017 model)

- No Mobile devices can't make changes (With Forscan at least).

- No, Hardware for this is not there, I think there's a company that makes a PnP harness to add in line unit to do that.
Thank you very much.
what I meant for the OBD2 was:
Is there a scanner/adapter that will work with iPhone (for Diagnostic) AND with Laptops for programing. My bad.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is there a way:
- have sideview mirrors tilt down when in reverse?
No, but if you are the only driver and have seat memory, you can set one of the 3 to lower the mirrors. Just remember to switch back to the normal memory before driving. Seat memory is disabled while in motion, so you have to adjust manually or stop and push the right memory button.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
No, but if you are the only driver and have seat memory, you can set one of the 3 to lower the mirrors. Just remember to switch back to the normal memory before driving. Seat memory is disabled while in motion, so you have to adjust manually or stop and push the right memory button.
unfortunately I don't.
I was looking into adding the switch a couple of years ago, and didn't feel like experimenting much on my new car with the lack of data there was back then. I'll dig around to see if anyone has been able to successfully add memory to cooled/heated seats.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thank you very much.
what I meant for the OBD2 was:
Is there a scanner/adapter that will work with iPhone (for Diagnostic) AND with Laptops for programing. My bad.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that is the unit I have, they make newer models now. This will only program with a laptop forscan software. It will allow forscan to scan and diag, as well as using torque (software for for diag) to pull codes, but i know of no software that will allow you to make physical changes except clearing codes with an iphone/android.

Hope that cleared it up for you.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Thats actually a great idea, my Shelby has 3 seat memory i can use #3 for that use. Thanks for the idea.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that is the unit I have, they make newer models now. This will only program with a laptop forscan software. It will allow forscan to scan and diag, as well as using torque (software for for diag) to pull codes, but i know of no software that will allow you to make physical changes except clearing codes with an iphone/android.

Hope that cleared it up for you.

Awesome, that's one of the models I was considering, but wasn't sure if I could change data/program with Forscan (with a laptop, of course) using this one. But if it works, then it might be worth the cost if I can use it for dual use (diagnostic and programming)

I used a friend's MX yesterday, and was nice to use a scanner that didn't give me any BS excuse, it just worked. I used it to get Check Engine codes.

Sponsored

colnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016
Hey guys, I have fog lights as DRL in EU mustang and would like to disable that as im changing my headlights and will have DRL in them, how can I do this with OBD ?

Marko80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marko
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016
Hi all!

I am owner of 2016 EB from Italy. Since this is European mustang we unfortunately didn't get the gills as DRL, which I like a lot and would really like to have them... However, I have to have DRLs on as it is mandatory by law. OK, it seems simple solution to use low beams as DRLs and I do that, of course. However, there is one very, very, very annoying thing - the open door chime. If I have my light switch set to low beam I can't get rid of annoying door chime when car is off and the door is open.

I have read literally hundreds of forum threads and pages and found out only that door ajar can be disabled with change of IPC code to 720-01-02 xx0x x2xx.

Well, I tried this but without succes.

I also tried to solve this DRL issues other way around by setting low beam as DRL with FORscan. Well, no luck - the car obviously doesn't like that because interior light started flashing and wouldn't stop.

So, does anyone have solution for this problem:
1. setting low beam as DRL? or
2. disabling door chime with car off and lights set to low beam?

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I hope this is helpful to someone. I didn't see this exact info posted and I did alot of reading. If I did miss it then please tell me and I will delete this post. I have a 20 GT 301a and wanted to add puddle lamps. Ive read the tutorials on the 15-17 and the GT350's but I just wanted to throw my experience into the mix.

As stated I wanted to add puddle lights but was hoping that I could luck up and have it pre-wired for MY 20. So I removed my door panel, pulled the (impossibly buried) connector out and BAM, there were 8 wires in the 12 pin connector. I pulled up my factory ETM to see what each wires function was.

I found the wire for heated mirror, mirror blinker and puddle lamp in the body/door harness leading to the mirror. So my next step was to determine if any of them were live. BAM again, the turn signal and heater circuits were active but the puddle lamp wire was not. Looking at the factory schematic it was clear that the BCM was in charge of the puddle lamps. So, I got into Forscan in "easy mode" and found 2 lines that needed to be enabled. I did that and checked voltage on the puddle lamp wire and BAM, 13 volts were present!

So, at least on my 20 301a, all that was needed were mirrors with those options, a couple of switch flicks in Forscan and you have basically a plug and play scenario. Pretty cool!!

I will try to add pictures as soon as I can.

Last edited:

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I hope this is helpful to someone. I didn't see this exact info posted and I did alot of reading. If I did miss it then please tell me and I will delete this post. I have a 20 GT 301a and wanted to add puddle lamps. Ive read the tutorials on the 15-17 and the GT350's but I just wanted to throw my experience into the mix.

As stated I wanted to add puddle lights but was hoping that I could luck up and have it pre-wired for MY 20. So I removed my door panel, pulled the (impossibly buried) connector out and BAM, there were 8 wires in the 12 pin connector. I pulled up my factory ETM to see what each wires function was.

I found the wire for heated mirror, mirror blinker and puddle lamp in the body/door harness leading to the mirror. So my next step was to determine if any of them were live. BAM again, the turn signal and heater circuits were active but the puddle lamp wire was not. Looking at the factory schematic it was clear that the BCM was in charge of the puddle lamps. So, I got into Forscan in "easy mode" and found 2 lines that needed to be enabled. I did that and checked voltage on the puddle lamp wire and BAM, 13 volts were present!

So, at least on my 20 301a, all that was needed were mirrors with those options, a couple of switch flicks in Forscan and you have basically a plug and play scenario. Pretty cool!!
So, it is not just one electtrical connector plugged into the mirror? You are saying that you had unused connectors for those features sitting inside the door?
Sponsored