wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Hi to all...

I have successfully changed the Fog Lights to work with the High Beam which i like but they only work if i have the Fog Lights already switched ON.

Is there a way or i am missing something in order to have them turn on simultaneous when i switch the High Beams also?

Thanks in advance.
Bump.... Any suggestion for me or what i am asking is not possible?

Thanks...
Sponsored

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Bump.... Any suggestion for me or what i am asking is not possible?

Thanks...
That's not how the mod works, it's to KEEP the fog lights on with high beams, not to turn them on with high beams. I highly doubt the BCM even has the logic to do what you're looking for. You'd have to remove the fog lamp circuit from the BCM and wire a relay in.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
That's not how the mod works, it's to KEEP the fog lights on with high beams, not to turn them on with high beams. I highly doubt the BCM even has the logic to do what you're looking for. You'd have to remove the fog lamp circuit from the BCM and wire a relay in.
Perfect. That is what i thought. Thanks for the clarification and confirmation. Appreciated.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
QUESTION:
Can I program the BCM with forescan?

momalle1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
QUESTION:
Can I program the BCM with forescan?
The mod you made to keep the fog lamps on with high beams is modifying the BCM (Body Control Module) I've never heard of the modification you're looking for, the spreadsheet linked below is as comprehensive as I've found. It's for F-150s, but the options are all the same across all Ford vehicles (per year) for the most part, the applicable codes are sometimes different. You can scour this, but I've never noticed this option.

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Here is what happened. I left the light switch on. I charged battery. Started it now the outter right rear turn signal will not flash. Some has told me BCM needs reprograming.

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Here is what happened. I left the light switch on. I charged battery. Started it now the outter right rear turn signal will not flash. Some has told me BCM needs reprograming.
Your best bet would be to restore your as-built file to the original setting and start again, as the as-built file controls the settings. The as-built file you should have downloaded before you started modding so if something went wrong you could restore it from the original.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
I have not modified it
My turn signal just went wonky after battery ran down

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I have not modified it
My turn signal just went wonky after battery ran down
Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont think the BCM controls the sequential signaling. I believe thats the pigtail harness in the back that the light is connected it. The reason why I say this is cause I added a pigtail attachement to my lights that connect to the original harness so that my lights are sequential when I put my hazzards on, and also the brake lights when stepping on the brake are sequential.

I would probably try disconnecting the battery and try a hard reset and see if that corrects it.

Sponsored

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
AngelDeath here is what happened. I got home forgot to turn off headlights. Car started fine but while driving the right turn signal light on dash would hyper flash. I checked it out and on right side outter turn signal would not flash, left side ok.
So far I have
Charged battery
Taken off both battery cables over night

No change at all. So what next?

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
AngelDeath here is what happened. I got home forgot to turn off headlights. Car started fine but while driving the right turn signal light on dash would hyper flash. I checked it out and on right side outter turn signal would not flash, left side ok.
So far I have
Charged battery
Taken off both battery cables over night

No change at all. So what next?
If you took the left side can it be plugged into the right side? (I would think the pigtail would just need to be turned around to fit), cant check myself as my car is away at the moment.. The reason is if you can and test it and it works, then I would venture to say that it could be the LED light in the right side that could be the issue. Because at this point I am wondering if the right tail light unit is the issue.