Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Which module is responsible for the climate control? I don't mean showing or hiding climate control options in Sync - that's obviously the job of the APIM. I mean the climate control hardware, the way the climate control actually works. I'm looking at my list of modules, and none of those seems to bear any connection to the climate control.
Specifically, I'm interested in disabling the automatic cancellation of the recirculation that occurs after certain time. I want the recirculation to stay on until I turn it off manually. Is this possible?
Is that a feature that is available on any other model or trim package?
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'm not sure. I believe not, because I've started another thread on this subject, and some people said they didn't notice that. Mine is Euro-spec, which, as I understand, is a combination of PP1 and premium, a bit of both.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a few questions based on my 2020 GT euro spec car :like:
  1. Oil pressure gauge in the digital dash - I can turn on the gauge, but it wont actually work (seems to be common issue on exports ?). The electronics must monitor the oil pressure as they adjust it to save fuel, but what other codes need to be adjusted to get the data to talk to the gauge ?
  2. I cant get Lincoln grey sync theme to work ? The ford performance splash screens work on startup and shutdown but amending the theme to the Lincoln theme doesn't change a thing in sync, but I lose the FP shut down screen (reverts to ford) ? @Elp_jc Any ideas ? I have used the codes you previously quoted :like:
  3. I want the car to beep on double lock - I know everyone stateside wants to turn this off, but I just like being different ... lol
Any help really appreciated :like:

WD :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Did you do both changes needed: Lincoln brand, and Lincoln MY20? You obviously did the Ford Performance animation, but you'll lose the shutdown part. The good news is there's no shutdown at all, so no blue crap :).

Oh wait, I don't remember anymore if it was the BCM or APIM that changed in 2020s. If it was the APIM, all of those changes are APIM, so you'd have to find the new codes for those. Hopefully not the case, but let me know. Good luck.

Sponsored

michaelg1142

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base PP
Can anyone get me the stock apim 7D0-01-02 # for a 401a 2019 GT?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You'll have to put your VIN twice, so don't freak out when it opens up to a general menu the first time. Just close the tab, start over, and the second time, the proper Motorcraft AS-BUILT page will open :).

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Now after having read the whole thread I am impressed how much info was accumulated over time. I can imagine the effort necessary to find useful values. So I got myself an extended forscan license and a obdlink ex device to have a look at my my 2020 gt modules. Interesting how many DTC are there by default when the car shows normal behaviour.
Apparently the BdyCM/BCM seems to be different for MY2020 compared to MY2019. So if someone needs as-built values I can be of assistance to provide them (GT EU MY2020 MT-82 Job2 (with shark fin antenna).

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
I checked the owner's manual and saw that the APIMs with smaller display have a button to turn of the center display (see red arrow).

display_off_button.png

Maybe I'm blind but I could not find this physical button on the newer APIM with bigger screen.

Right now I do navigate to the settings and turn it off that way which is kind of annoying after a few times.

Is there an easier way to turn off the display after starting the car or even have it off when starting the car and only turned on when touched ?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I don't think so, unless I'm also missing something. The only way is thru the settings, and it's so counterintuitive, that I don't even remember how to do that from the top of my head. I could find it relatively quickly if needed, but as mentioned, it makes that dangerous if done while driving.

Fortunately, the screen doesn't bother me, especially now that I have the gray/black Lincoln theme, so I always have it on.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
Hm I noticed that the APIM module is not listed in Forscan. I'd like to try the Lincoln theme.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
The only way is thru the settings, and it's so counterintuitive, that I don't even remember how to do that from the top of my head. I could find it relatively quickly if needed, but as mentioned, it makes that dangerous if done while driving.
1. open settings
2. swipe to the right once
3. tap display
4. tap turn off display.

Got an answer from my dealership today: They said the button was removed due to regulatory reasons: The display is there to show important messages.
They also mentioned that the brightness could be lowered a bit and that there is a night mode.

Still having a black and grey theme sounds more attractive.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Got an answer from my dealership today: They said the button was removed due to regulatory reasons: The display is there to show important messages.
What a load of bullshit. 'Important' (i.e. safety-related) messages are displayed on the instrument panel. Everything that's displayed on Sync is completely optional; nothing of that is legally mandated. Sync itself is an optional feature; you may not even have that screen at all for all the regulatory bodies care.
I wonder if they are taught this kind of garbage in their trainings, or they just dream it up on the spot.
Sponsored

Last edited: