Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks, JC. I did a search on the F150 forum and found this:

Untitled.jpg

At first glance this looks correct, because my own As-Built data has an E at that spot (which seems to match my car's current configuration, I mean I actually do have everything active except autolock). So I guess I should change that E to F.

But then someone else said that if you change that digit, then you should also change the final one, because that's a checksum. Going from E to F is an increase by 1, so the final digit should also be increased by 1. In my case there's an 8 there, so I take it I should make that a 9.
I've never seen this mentioned before, but it does make sense. Should we calculate and update the last digit every time we do a change?

Edit: never mind that. It seems that ForScan will complain about the checksum being incorrect and will correct it automatically.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Indeed on your last sentence. And yes, I remember now that I changed an E to an F, so you should be fine :).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Vlad Soare @Elp_jc

I thought auto lock in motion was :

BCM726-15-01 x?x? x?x? x?xxChange ? To :
1-Enable (on)
2-Disable (off)

Does it need changing in more than one place ?

WD :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know. I don't see that address in the Excel sheet. Where did you find it?
My as-built data has the following values there: C104 0163 0874. So it doesn't seem to match. Besides, I think it makes sense to find this option in the IPC, because the BCM is already aware of it, it expects the IPC to communicate whether the user has turned it on or off, and it's the IPC that decides whether to display the menu or not. I think doing it in the BCM would make sense in vehicles where the auto-lock cannot be turned on or off on the fly (e.g. Focus, Mondeo Mk4, etc.)

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
From a spreadsheet I found on here - I cant find the link now but its titled ''Bullitt FORScan codes (M6G forum).xlsx"

The description against that line is "Door Lock In Motion - Automatically locks your doors when vehicle reaches 12mph (std in US, but some export-spec are disabled)"

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see. That's strange. Considering there's a menu for it on the IPC, which just happens to be hidden in Euro vehicles, I would expect a change in the IPC that makes the menu visible again to be enough.
Maybe the BCM change activates the auto-lock regardless of the menu setting? I mean, changing those digits to 1 will make the BCM ignore the menu and just lock the doors every time? Could be. But the fact that my as-built data doesn't match makes me very reluctant to try it.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
You are talking way above me ... :cwl:

I have no experience with this stuff - I’m just compiling a list of things I would like to ‘fix’ and I’m going to put the obdlink MX+ on my Christmas list :like:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I've got no experience either. I've just ordered an OBDLink EX a few days ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'm reading everything I can on the subject. :)
I'm lucky enough to have a friend who's experienced in this area, and whenever I went to him to have changes done to my Mondeo he would explain everything he did. So I'm at least familiar with the process itself, if not the details, which is why a lot of things that I'm reading now make sense to me. But I still have a lot to learn.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I was unsure if the BCM or APIM changed on 2020 Mustangs. It was the former, so any BCM code that works on 2019 and prior models probably won't work on 2020s. Somebody will have to experiment with it, to find where the typical changes are hidden.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
How do you change something? No matter what I do, no matter what module I try to configure, I always get an error that an extended licence is required.
What gives? I thought the extended licence was needed only for hardcore functions, like upgrading a module's firmware, or programming a new key, or things like that. Do I need an extended licence for any kind of configuration? Is the basic ForScan good for nothing apart from DTCs?
Or am I missing anything?

Edit: never mind that. I've read the FAQ section, and apparently any kind of configuration change requires an extended licence.
All right then, I'll buy a license.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
How do you change something? No matter what I do, no matter what module I try to configure, I always get an error that an extended licence is required.
What gives? I thought the extended licence was needed only for hardcore functions, like upgrading a module's firmware, or programming a new key, or things like that. Do I need an extended licence for any kind of configuration? Is the basic ForScan good for nothing apart from DTCs?
Or am I missing anything?

Edit: never mind that. I've read the FAQ section, and apparently any kind of configuration change requires an extended licence.
All right then, I'll buy a license.
It's no problem to get an extended license. They are free but require you re-register after so many months.
Go here, sign in (assuming you already signed up) and generate your license file. You don't have to buy one. https://forscan.org/forum/extlic.php

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there a setting in the APIM which tells it that the car is equipped with a FordPass Connect modem? There must be, because the same software version is used in vehicles with or without the modem, and only the former show the FordPass Connect icon in the settings menu. The APIM must surely know that. But does anyone know where that piece of information is stored, and which digit must be changed?

I have a couple of DTCs in the APIM, all of which are related to the lack of communication with the modem and 4G antenna (which is true, I did disconnect them). I know I can just ignore them, but it would be nice if I could make it shut up - and also get rid of the FordPass settings page.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I found this on the F150 forum, in a thread about retrofitting the modem:

Untitled.jpg

Looking at my as-built data, it matches perfectly. I do have a 9, a 4 and a 5 at those particular spots.
But now, what should I replace them with?

Could any of you guys who don't have the modem, tell me how your as-built data looks at that address?

Last edited:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I found this on the F150 forum, in a thread about retrofitting the modem:

Untitled.jpg

Looking at my as-built data, it matches perfectly. I do have a 9, a 4 and a 5 at those particular spots.
But now, what should I replace them with?

Could any of you guys who don't have the modem, tell me how your as-built data looks at that address?
My car doesn't have the 4G modem. It's a 2019 though. Here are my as-built codes for it:
7D0-02-02 xxxx 8xxx xxxx
7D0-02-03 0xx5 xx
Sponsored