Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is it possible to get a single, short honk when the doors are locked? Is there a setting for that?
Whenever I touch the door handle to lock the car, I have a hard time ensuring that it has actually locked. The mirrors do not fold automatically, the turn signals are invisible from where I'm standing, so my only chance is to look through the window and try and see if the red LED is on. An audible confirmation would be nice.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Is it possible to get a single, short honk when the doors are locked? Is there a setting for that?
Whenever I touch the door handle to lock the car, I have a hard time ensuring that it has actually locked. The mirrors do not fold automatically, the turn signals are invisible from where I'm standing, so my only chance is to look through the window and try and see if the red LED is on. An audible confirmation would be nice.
Hit the button on the fob twice to get a honk, or watch to see the hazard indicators flash.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Well, yeah, but searching for the key in my pocket, taking it out to see what button I'm pressing, then putting it back is even more trouble than just peering through the window to see the red LED. I was hoping for an easier way. :)
The indicator in the mirror can be seen, just barely, if I stand in the right position. It's OK, but an audible signal would be better.
I take it it's not possible, is it?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I don't think so...afaik. What I do is to touch the locking pad on door handle for the second time and the lock mechanism sound confirms that its locked. The sound is an abrupt click.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yes, I do that sometimes. If the environment is too noisy to hear the first click, and I'm not sure if the doors have locked, then I touch it a second time because the double lock is a bit louder.
Oh well... First world problems. Having had three other Fords which used to fold the mirrors automatically, I've become too lazy. :giggle: :blush:

Another ForScan question: I know there's a code for activating the auto-lock feature, and I'm sure I've seen it some time ago, but I can't seem to find it again. It's not in the Excel sheet linked above. Does anyone happen to know it?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Auto lock is I think only works in case that you unlock the car but don't open the door and the car will auto lock after a time you set in the cluster. Checkout your instrument cluster menu under vehicle setting. Auto lock should be there somewhere

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The doors will never lock automatically after you use the car. They'd only re-lock if you unlock the car, but don't open a door in 'x' amount of time. The auto-lock when you start driving should be in the settings menu somewhere. I deactivated mine when new. Should be easy to find.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
The doors will never lock automatically after you use the car. They'd only re-lock if you unlock the car, but don't open a door in 'x' amount of time. The auto-lock when you start driving should be in the settings menu somewhere. I deactivated mine when new. Should be easy to find.
Export cars didn't have it activated, or at least Australian cars didn't. It has to be activated by coding.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Well, yeah, but searching for the key in my pocket, taking it out to see what button I'm pressing, then putting it back is even more trouble than just peering through the window to see the red LED. I was hoping for an easier way. :)
The indicator in the mirror can be seen, just barely, if I stand in the right position. It's OK, but an audible signal would be better.
I take it it's not possible, is it?
Left button = Lock

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Export cars didn't have it activated, or at least Australian cars didn't. It has to be activated by coding.
Indeed. Once activated, the option will appear in the menu.
But I can't seem to find the ForScan code for that.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Is there a code for killing the green arrow on the instrument panel, which tells you that you should shift now?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Once activated, the option will appear in the menu. But I can't seem to find the ForScan code for that.
Look for it at the F150forum. I had to activate auto-lock on the IPC on my ex-2018 F-150 Platinum, and it worked. So it should work on the Mustang too. Good luck.
Sponsored