Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Wojest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Good deal , thanks. I checked and it appears to have stuck. Just weird about the USB drive.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
This seems like a good place to ask. So on my 19 ecoboost I changed the eq and anc settings but when I restarted the car it did not recognize my USB stick that I play music from. After a master reset it worked again but km not sure if it undid my forscan changes. Has anyone come across this?

Thanks
A master reset will not change the programming just clears the settings like wifi and auto updates, etc.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Can anyone say if power to the windows can be made to stay on for a little while after the car has been turned off.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hoping someone can save me from reading all 200 pages...

Bought my 2018 GT new with the 300A package and 4.2” base radio.

Upgraded to Sync 3.3 using an FCIM from a Fusion. At the same time replaced my factory radio with an XM capable radio.

After the upgrade used Forscan to enable drive modes, etc.

Fast forward to now and back into Forscan to turn off the radio bass clipping since installing new speakers but not sure it’s working.

I downloaded my factory as-built file from the Ford Service website a while ago but never used it.

Wondering if I should reflash everything to factory settings and repeat the Forscan changes, since I never did that after installing the Fusion APIM?

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Can anyone say if power to the windows can be made to stay on for a little while after the car has been turned off and the door has been opened.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Only with the ignition on. May I ask why you need that? Never heard anybody ask for that. Just curious.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Only with the ignition on. May I ask why you need that? Never heard anybody ask for that. Just curious.
Because I can do it in my daily driver Ford which is 13 years young. Occasionally when exiting I realise that a window is not closed. Not a biggy.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Didn't see this listed anywhere else in this thread so... I replaced my base 6-speaker radio with an XM-capable radio. My factory as-built for ACM 727-01-01 was Dxxx xxxx xxxx. To get XM stations to play on the new radio, this must be changed to 1xxx xxxx xxxx. That's in addition to the change mentioned multiple times in this thread to get the XM icon to appear on the touch screen (change APIM 7D0-01-01 from 0xxx xxxx xxxx to 2xxx xxxx xxxx).

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
This question has been bouncing around in the “4.09 gears” thread in the drivetrain forum but aside from a few solid theories, everyone seems to be stumped on how to make this work in 2019 and 2020 cars. My dealership service department mistakenly believed that they had the ability to flash my car’s computer...so now I’m driving around a fairly screwed up 2020gt until I can figure this out.

Under BCM 726-12-01 the ratio can be changed. I used 019A xxxx xxxx which is supposedly what the Ford Performance tune uses in the older cars.

That change did not affect anything since there is a limit of 3.73:1 coded in somewhere else so the computer didn’t recognize that value. This limit setting could be in the PCM module, ABS module or both?

Does anyone know how to change that with Forscan?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
This question has been bouncing around in the “4.09 gears” thread in the drivetrain forum but aside from a few solid theories, everyone seems to be stumped on how to make this work in 2019 and 2020 cars. My dealership service department mistakenly believed that they had the ability to flash my car’s computer...so now I’m driving around a fairly screwed up 2020gt until I can figure this out.

Under BCM 726-12-01 the ratio can be changed. I used 019A xxxx xxxx which is supposedly what the Ford Performance tune uses in the older cars.

That change did not affect anything since there is a limit of 3.73:1 coded in somewhere else so the computer didn’t recognize that value. This limit setting could be in the PCM module, ABS module or both?

For my car it was as simple as going into BdCM (not as-built) and using the drop-down list to select 4.10 for the gear ratio.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
For my car it was as simple as going into BdCM (not as-built) and using the drop-down list to select 4.10 for the gear ratio.
Thanks. I tried that first to no avail. Apparently the at’s not possible with 2019/20 cars.

i8iridium

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT

the 2020 axle coding is in the BCM at 726-15-01 xxxx **** xxxx. I don’t have any way to test this, or a way to verify that there’s any other location that it’s stored because I don’t have axle modifications to my car. Make sure you put 726-12-01 back because that’s the beginning of vin area.
Sponsored