Modifying As-Built Data Guide

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
I was modifying the IPC module yesterday (activating Line Lock) using version 2.3.32 with no problem. I was using an OBDLink EX which doesn't have the switch.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's good to hear. Just finished updating FORScan with the latest version. Maybe they fixed that issue; I'll find out soon enough :D.

Hey gang, want to make 3 other changes, but couldn't find anything concrete. Do any of you have an idea if it can be done? Here they are:
1. Deactivate rear sequential turn signals. This should be doable, since it's illegal in many European countries. I think it should be on BCM 726-24-01 on either xxxx xx*x or xxxx xxx* (or maybe both). But don't understand the abbreviations.
2. Add map lights on with doors on a dash menu. Super annoying that they're always on. And don't want to turn them off permanently with 'dark mode'. Hopefully there's a menu option, like if we had a switch on the roof console (like we should).
3. If #2 is not possible, is there a way to shorten the time those lights (and the puddle ones) cut off to save the battery? They stay an awful lot of time on. I'd like to shorten it anyway; hopefully there's a way. Thanks gang.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Update. Downloaded the latest version of FORScan (.33), and it worked like a charm. But basically had bad news all day, except just ONE new change (not on ANY list) where I was successful, in case somebody wants to do it (or add it to a list):D: SEQUENTIAL REAR TURN SIGNAL DISABLE: BCMB 7B7-03-01 x0xx xxxx xxxx (my car had x1xx) CONFIRMED!

Couldn't do Reverse tilt mirror, probably because there's no 740-13-01, nor 741-13-01 in our DDM/PDM. Or maybe it's a different change, but did it like on my F-150, and no dice: IPC 720-02-01 xxxx x7xx xxxx, DDM 740-03-01 Fxxx xx, and PDM 741-03-01 Fxxx xx. If somebody knows how to activate them, I'm all ears. It's a nice feature, although a good way around it if needed is to just program memory #3 with the lower mirrors, and we can just hit that button if needed (no biggie). But it's nicer just pressing the appropriate button that you need, and get the tilt :).

Couldn't do the global window close either. BCM 726-17-02 (global open) was already at 0101 0101 014B, so just changed 726-17-01 (global close) from 0000 0000 0045 to 0101 0101 014A. Then tried to enable window close on the IPC with BCM 726-30-01 from 0003 xxxx xxxx to 0303 xxxx xxxx, and no dice. There are another 2 changes on F-150s, but didn't make sense for the Mustang; maybe they're different. Anyway, it was DDM 740-05-01 and PDM 741-05-01. On my car they are C00D and C00E, respectively. Supposed to change them both for Dxxx, but the only difference would be Window Child Lockout Cfg from 'bulb' to 'LED' (what the hell is that, by the way?). So didn't try it. Should I try it with a D on both? I'm pretty sure those values have to be different on the Mustang.

And finally, couldn't get the oil temperature added on the display (as expected), and neither the transmission temperature, since I don't think our MT-82s even have one (do they?). The Torsen does, and it's already in the gauge list, so no issue there. I also wanted to add numeric values on top of the gauges (like on my F-150), but that didn't work either. Tried a bunch of different possibilities, and zilch. Tried all kinds of changes on IPC 720-07-01, including to disable the Ford animation, but also unsuccessful. So zero changes on the digital display :(. Oh well.

So all the changes I could make were the sequential turn-signal disable, double-honk disable, 2-press for panic alarm button, bambi mod, fog lights as cornering lights (with headlights on), heat/cool/SW on home/climate screens, and engine fake noise disable. Those are confirmed. Not sure if door ajar chime disable and IPC welcome (blue) screen disable were successful. Don't know what exactly the last one is. Ha ha. When doing FORScan changes with the door open, it was still bonging, so the F-150 changes might not work there either (720-01-02 xx0x xxxx). Did the IPC screen 720-03-02 from xxx8 to xxx0, since the only difference was the screen. If anybody has done any of my unsuccessful changes and want to help, please post them :D. Thank you.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Does anyone have a code to allow access to the USB media menu while moving? I have 60 CDs on a thumb drive but can only access the menu sitting still. It would be nice to select a different artist without having to pull over.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anyone have a code to allow access to the USB media menu while moving? I have 60 CDs on a thumb drive but can only access the menu sitting still. It would be nice to select a different artist without having to pull over.
FWIW, I just push the steering wheel button and say "play xxxxxx" where xxxxxx is the song, the artist, the album, the genre..... Or, does that require certain options on the car?

Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have tried that. The best I've been able to get it to do is pull up the artist and then play all songs by that artist. I haven't been able to get it to recognize a song or album title yet.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have tried that. The best I've been able to get it to do is pull up the artist and then play all songs by that artist. I haven't been able to get it to recognize a song or album title yet.
FWIW An owner of another brand/model car had the same problem and it turned out to be a problem with the car's microphone garbling what they said.

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That could be part of it. I am getting it to work better but I'm honestly just not in the habit of taking to a car. I would rather push a few buttons to make a selection. If they ever try to make talk to my bike then I'm in real trouble. Lol

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RS1 Roush EcoBoost
working on a 15 Roush stage 1. putting in a cluster from a 17 Roush what do I need to do here to fix the odometer and vin.

im very confused with this....
VIN #: (first 5 characters in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (character 6 of VIN in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (characters 7-11 in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (character 12 in ASCII converted to Hex)
VIN #: (last 5 characters in ASCII converted to Hex)

thanks

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Will change the stock battery for an identical AGM (96R 590CCA 60Ah) next Tuesday, but FORScan doesn't have that battery on the menu; at least the one over the F-150 forum, which is the most extensive by far. That means I could only reset BMS, but leave the BCM 726-04-01 12xx xxxx xxxx as is, which is 'FLA BXT-96R-590 60Ah). The only potential problem could be a float charge of 14+V, like on a long trip, that could cook an AGM. But so far, I haven't even seen 14V at all (I keep my batteries fully charged) on the Bullitt, and 13s only on deceleration. Does anybody here see a problem leaving the battery setting stock? The only AGM option could be setting '03' (AGM 70Ah 600CCA H6). My truck had that battery, but it's 760CCA (not 600), so not sure which is actually programmed.

At any rate, is it better to have the right battery type, but with the wrong parameters (03), or vice versa (12). THAT is the question :D. Thank you.

Sponsored

Phantom24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange GT PP
Not sure the last time the AS BUILT DATA list was updated, but I found these to function if you are looking to update the splash screen on start up.

APIM 07D0-02-01 xxxx xCxx xxxx (Focus ST)
xxxx xBxx xxxx (Focus RS)
xxxx xDxx xxxx (Ford GT)
xxxx xExx xxxx (Lincoln Continental)
xxxx xFxx xxxx (Lincoln Navigator)

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
File format question - is the VIN .ab file from Ford able to be loaded into FORScan, or can an .abt file only be used?

I am trying to revert all modules to stock on mine, and do not have saved stock .abt files to use.

I downloaded the stock .ab file from motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt - but not seeing a way to utilize it?

Thanks!

NC GTier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Haider
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0 Conv Auto Silver
I swapped from base 4" to sync 3 8" on a 2020 GT today, and was trying to enable drive mode and fix the hazard light switches, but nothing looked the same for the forscan data I usually use for anything 2018 and below. Does anyone know what the new values are for 2019/2020 GT 5.0 to fix hazard light and enable drive mode? sorry if this has already been mentioned, i tried to look and couldn't find. appreciate the help in advance. My FORScan software is 2.3.25

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I downloaded the stock .ab file from motorcraftservice.com/asbuilt - but not seeing a way to utilize it?
I was wondering the same thing too. I'm used to update 1 module at a time in FORscan, but not all modules at the same time. How can you break the motorcraft file into modules? In addition, is there a program for us to decode that file, rather than having to go to the motorcraft site every time when we need to check something? Thx.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Few programming questions. First of all, my manual Bullitt has 'secure idle' enabled, which is an automatic-only feature. Does it matter that it's enabled? What happens if it's disabled, like it's supposed to? Just curious.

And another head scratcher: My Bullitt also has ANC enabled. It supposedly doesn't have it, because there's no microphone at the rear. What's the deal with that?

Finally, has anybody found a way to add just digital coolant temperature on top of the bar gauge on the digital dash? I tried the F-150 code to add both coolant and trans numbers, and didn't work... probably because my manual transmission doesn't even have a sensor. Couldn't find a code for just the coolant. Maybe somebody messed with it and found it. Hope so :). Thx.
Sponsored