Sponsored

Mobility kit vs. Spare tire

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I tighten the lugs to 120 ft lbs max.
Me too; that's plenty for lug nuts IMO. Plus I check them often.

My steeda rails stopped right before the spot where you would put the factory jack. So it looks like I can still use it. Haven’t actually tried, but the space is there.
But do you have the short rails, or the full length ones? I have the latter. When I install them today, I can look, but I'm almost sure both jacking points will be covered, I think.

Here's the answer.....https://modernspare.com. It's 18" but tire size brings it to 19" circumference.
The problem is they don't clear the front Brembos, as mentioned. I personally consider spacers a deal-breaker for a spare, but that's just me. In addition, the REAR DIAMETER has to be spot on, due to the Torsen. That means the tire is oversized for the front, but lowering the pressure a little can minimize the difference. It might throw a ABS/TC light on, but at least it wouldn't be detrimental to the car. Besides, the ultra great majority of flats occur on the rear, so it's unlikely to be used at the front anyway... but better to be ready for that eventuality too :).
Sponsored

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Here's the answer.....https://modernspare.com. It's 18" but tire size brings it to 19" circumference.

Allow me to clarify further. We use an 18" wheel on our spare kits. We have identified the overall diameter of the tires used on all factory wheel size options for your car. The critical measurement is the total or overall diameter or height of the tire, not just the rim size. Generally, the overall height of a tire used on a factory 19-inch wheel will be the same as a tire used on an 18-inch or even a 20-inch wheel. As wheel sizes go up, the tire sidewall will decrease in height. Because of this, the tire on our spare will be proper to use with your 19-inch wheels.
No need to enter rim size in the order process as the spare is compatible with all Mustang factory wheel options. You will need to order the spacer so it can be used on the front tire.
Has anyone used this kit? Looks like it will be about $400 shipped for wheel, spacer, and the tools. Just want to make sure it will fit.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG BULLITT K4675 2020 INFINITI Q50 RS 400
I am really waffling on the decision of purchasing the AA complete kit. Since I am in Canada and with the conversion with the current crap dollar we have. I am looking at $710CAD!! :curse: without taxes and possible duties for import into the country. I have looked at the modern spare set and I am just not comfortable with having a spacer for the front wheels to clear the brembos, it feels like a safety issue for me. One thing I liked about it was the jack with the ratcheting handle, but the jack looks flimsy and I am concerned about any jack use on the road with my Steeda jacking rails.

I am thinking of creating my own kit:

torque wrench up to 150lbs
rechargeable 1/2 inch impact gun with 21mm socket
sturdy scissor jack that I can use with my impact gun to wind up and down quickly
breaker bar??

Those of whom have replaced their factory lug nuts with gorilla nuts :giggle: (or other recommendation) could you provide the product number that will fit the BULLITT, just not sure about them and they don't have them in green :crying:

Any suggestions would be really helpful as I am wondering what would be the best solution. Well not to be stranded of course with that Ford tire throw-up juice all over the place.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
would you recommend replacing the ford provided locking nuts with gorilla locks?
After a locking nut failure on my 335 where the lock body cracked around the key and had to be removed with an impact driver and an undersized socket, I've stopped using locking nuts and take my chances / depend on my insurance. Granted, there have been some cases of wheel theft at the train station in my town, but I wouldn't leave my car there on a bet for any number of reasons.

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a locking nut failure on my 335 where the lock body cracked around the key and had to be removed with an impact driver and an undersized socket, I've stopped using locking nuts and take my chances / depend on my insurance. Granted, there have been some cases of wheel theft at the train station in my town, but I wouldn't leave my car there on a bet for any number of reasons.
my BULLITT came with the ESP and the locking bolts and you are right, if you are going to leave your pride and joy in a sketchy area then I would agree with using locking nuts. Since I dare not leave my BULLITT in a sketchy area then there should be no need for them. I guess it may be smarter to replace them with the gorilla nuts? :giggle:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Those of whom have replaced their factory lug nuts with gorilla nuts, could you provide the product number that will fit the BULLITT?
I bought the black Gorillas, p/n 61148BCX, also from CJ Pony. MUCH better than the silver factory color. Will sell the factory security lug nuts.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Got mine today. Quality piece! Not sure what the little silver valve thing is that came with it.
15911469623735020414293985478698.jpg

Ronin47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine today. Quality piece! Not sure what the little silver valve thing is that came with it.
What is the tire brand/rating? Is it good up to 100mph?

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I believe that is an extender for the treaded shaft that secures the wheel/repair kit.

P8K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
would you recommend replacing the ford provided locking nuts with gorilla locks?
Hi Ronin47
If you're looking for a set of really good wheel locks check out Rimlox, they are a bit pricey but I don't think anyone is getting these wheels locks off without the key.
http://rimlox.com

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
What is the tire brand/rating? Is it good up to 100mph?
A photo of the tire size would reveal the speed rating. It should read something similar to this: 195/60R16 91S, where the 'S' would be the speed rating (and the '91' the load rating). Then you just can google the speed rating :). Hope this helps.
Sponsored