7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Wife picked up a metal shard in the rear left tire. As the air pressure dropped, the digital display automatically warned her the tire pressure was dropping. As she drove home, she watched as the tire pressure continued to drop, so she stopped so she wouldnt drive on the wheel.

We connected the mobilty kit to the tire and followed the unstructions. Didnt work well. White sealant all over the tire and ground. The kit is a mess. It did provide enough seal for me to get the car home as she was only two blocks away from the house when she stopped.

I too was worried I would have to throw away the tire after filling it with sealant. The tire shop plugged the hole and the tire is solid. After driving around the block, the tire sensor resest and everything is back to normal, no vibrations or sensor issues.

I will keep the mobility kit, it did fill the tire quick, even with air escaping. I will also be getting a spare tire kit. I wont trust the mobility kit to get my wife out of trouble if she gets a flat farther from the house in the middle of the night. I dont feel like paying a tow company to get the car everytime it gets a flat...
20190130_194046.jpg
Sponsored

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I chucked the kit that came with my '08 Bullitt and had a decent tire put on a wheel that I had curbed one-too-many times. It had to be crammed in, left a lump on the floor of the trunk and was a bear to get out, but I had two blowouts in 6 months that no amount of slime would fix, so I'm glad I had it. Now, I have a '19 Bullitt and I'm looking for a 'real' solution. The hole in the trunk looks no larger than the one in my '08,' so I don't see how one of the wider, new tires could fit, but I'm going to try to find something. An additional problem is the different wheel widths and tire sizes; I'm assuming (guessing) that it's better to have a spare the size of the rear wheel/tire, so if you had a rear blow out you'd put less stress on the diff. But, will the larger wheel/tire combo fit in a front wheel well? Any wheel/tire/differential experts out there? What are others doing? Is a 'donut' spare in order (what if you're 50 miles from a tire shop or gas station)?

Bullitt0819

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Last edited:

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
I wont trust the mobility kit to get my wife out of trouble if she gets a flat farther from the house in the middle of the night. I dont feel like paying a tow company to get the car everytime it gets a flat...
20190130_194046.jpg
Don't let your wife read this....You actually expect her to change the tire by herself in the middle of the night.

I am seriously considering getting the spare tire kit, so I'm not stranded in the middle of nowhere. I think the mobility kit is fine around town, but out on the highway miles from the nearest repair facility.

You do also have road side assistance...…..

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Perfect! Looks I can get it without the jack and wrench; manual scissor jacks are a real PITA and I have an electric one, and a multi-size lug socket. Pretty pricey though, anyone tried to get similar from a local tire/wheel shop?

Edit: Found another, but currently OOS (and not 19" wheel):

https://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-spare-tire-kit-2015.html

This is the Ford OEM. It doesn't fit with the Brembo brakes. As far as I know, the only that fits with the Brembo's is the Automotive Authority...

OP
OP
7thlighter

7thlighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Don't let your wife read this....You actually expect her to change the tire by herself in the middle of the night.

I am seriously considering getting the spare tire kit, so I'm not stranded in the middle of nowhere. I think the mobility kit is fine around town, but out on the highway miles from the nearest repair facility.

You do also have road side assistance...…..
I expect her to get my car home one way or the other if wants to continue to drive it...we have roadside assistance also but the spare kit does give working options.

Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I expect her to get my car home one way or the other if wants to continue to drive it...we have roadside assistance also but the spare kit does give working options.
Letting her drive it is very kind of you. The only way my wife will drive mine is if I'm in the right seat......She has problems judging distances...….

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I just ordered the AA Brembo spare for my 19 PP2.

I also ordered a plug kit from Amazon and will have both in the Mustang.

The AA kit IS NOT cheap. But if you are on a 3 hour drive, like we routinely do, I'm not sure you can afford anything else.

Stay tuned though. In 6 years I'll pull the spare and sell it. I doubt the new buyer is going to give anything for it.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Is it possible that the OEM could work with a spacer?
You don't want the OEM on the back (where it will fit without a spacer). It's something like 10% smaller in diameter than the PP1 tires on the Bullit and GT's with PP1. The difference across the LSD in the rear end will cause all sorts of problems if you drive for any distance.

Get the Automotive Authority one. It's the correct diameter for the rear end, and it fits on the front without any games.It's slightly larger than the front wheel/tire, but not so much that it will cause an issue with the ABS system. It's a snug fit in the spare tire well, won't fit if you go much over 32 psi, and occasionally needs a bit of lubrication to get into place.

Last edited:

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
How do you figure the AA spare is larger than the front wheel & tire? Isn't the AA spare a little over 25" while the stock tires, front and rear are a little over 27"?
Sponsored