Mobility kit vs. Spare tire

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Ordered just the tire and rim today. FYI they don't give first responded or military discount.
Sponsored

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
IMG_20200529_133702.jpg
IMG_20200529_141415.jpg
The Beast now has a spare, jack and the Ford air pump.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
IMG_20200529_133702.jpg
IMG_20200529_141415.jpg
Very nice. Mine will be here Monday. I just got the tire because I already have a jack and the Ford lug wrench is coming from tasca. Did you fit the air pump under the tire or just put it on the side of the trunk?

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Did you fit the air pump under the tire or just put it on the side of the trunk?
My pump is on the floor behind the driver's seat, because there's no space for anyone / anything else behind me.

Sponsored

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't fit the pump anywhere in there with the tire. I need a small trunk organizer for it. I'm glad this wheel doesn't need an adapter for use in the front. Now it's time for jacking rails then getting the nose wrapped. It never stops, the upgrades!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
My pump is on the floor behind the driver's seat, because there's no space for anyone / anything else behind me.
Same here...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Awesome. Hey, did you get the jack and handle from AA, or you ordered them from Ford? The jack and handle look good, although if you tighten the lug nuts to 150 ft/lbs, most folks would need something with more leverage to remove the lug nuts, like a telescopic Gorilla wrench. Oh, and with Steeda jacking rails, can we even use the Ford jack anymore? Forgot about that. If not, what the heck can we use that fits in the trunk?

And I agree a group buy is out. Most folks already bought it, so the few of us remaining, might not get to the minimum now. Oh well :D. Still debating if I get one or not. Don't want to add more weight. Already bought jacking rails, and will buy a (heavy) hitch too. Plus not sure if the Ford jack would be good with the Steeda jacking rails (is it?). Thx.

chesster51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. Hey, did you get the jack and handle from AA, or you ordered them from Ford? The jack and handle look good, although if you tighten the lug nuts to 150 ft/lbs, most folks would need something with more leverage to remove the lug nuts, like a telescopic Gorilla wrench. Oh, and with Steeda jacking rails, can we even use the Ford jack anymore? Forgot about that. If not, what the heck can we use that fits in the trunk?

And I agree a group buy is out. Most folks already bought it, so the few of us remaining, might not get to the minimum now. Oh well :D. Still debating if I get one or not. Don't want to add more weight. Already bought jacking rails, and will buy a (heavy) hitch too. Plus not sure if the Ford jack would be good with the Steeda jacking rails (is it?). Thx.
I ordered tire and wheel only last night. I also ordered a Ford OEM CR3Z-17080-A CR3Z-17080-A scissor jack. I also have jack rails and will probably take the jack to a welder and have the perch modified.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I ordered tire and wheel only last night. I also ordered a Ford OEM CR3Z-17080-A CR3Z-17080-A scissor jack. I also have jack rails and will probably take the jack to a welder and have the perch modified.
I tighten the lugs to 110

I tighten the lugs to 120 ft lbs max.

Sponsored

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
My steeda rails stopped right before the spot where you would put the factory jack. So it looks like I can still use it. Haven’t actually tried, but the space is there.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Here's the answer.....https://modernspare.com. It's 18" but tire size brings it to 19" circumference and it clears Brembo front caliper.
I had that set up for my Hellcat. Great quality. I'm a little confused though. The Hellcat required a spacer for the front Brembos. I'm pretty sure we have the same setup on the Bullitt.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the answer.....https://modernspare.com. It's 18" but tire size brings it to 19" circumference.

No need to enter rim size in the order process as the spare is compatible with all Mustang factory wheel options. You will need to order the spacer so it can be used on the front tire.
Upside is that you save $100 over the AA spare. Downside is that you need to use a spacer if it's going up front.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Upside is that you save $100 over the AA spare. Downside is that you need to use a spacer if it's going up front.
Yes it's less expensive but they charge $45 shipping so that sort of mitigates it. I'd rather pay the extra money and dump the spacer. Spacer is $40 extra still don't know if you need it for the Bullit but I assume so. I emailed them we'll see what they say

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd rather pay the extra money and dump the spacer.
No argument from me. The fewer things I have to mess around with on the side of the highway at night in the rain, the better. :fingerscrossed:
Sponsored