2019 DHG Bullitt.
I’d be interested in a group buy price.
Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'll use the Bullitt to travel probably 90%+ of its mileage. I always like to carry an emergency spare, as a precaution. But always patch my flats, if possible. So I carry a flat-tire repair kit (Stop'n Go), a small compressor, and a spare/jack/wrench kit. And that brings me to a question: Does the OEM $400+ spare kit comes with a jack/wrench/etc??? Thx.

Bluezeke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I just got the automotive authority kit and installed it. Trunk floor sits up a little. Couldn’t really figure out how to mount the jack—I just sinched down on that little bar on the bottom—I only had the one bolt that came with the fix-a-flat kit. Overall it is better than not having a jack and tire. Especially on a PP2

Sponsored

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Interested in the group but too

BULLITT Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT, 2008 Mustang V-6, 2003 Chevy Silverado SS, 1997 Lincoln Town Car, 1972 Pontiac GTO, 1967 GTO
Just joined the Forum and this one Thread makes it a good move. Took my 2019 BULLITT off the showroom floor on Feb 24th. I knew the OEM Spare Kit wouldn't clear the brakes but I have no use for the inflator kit that came with the car. Then I read in the owners manual that if you use the stop leak there is a good chance you will have to replace the Tire Pressure Monitor (not an inexpensive part). Plan on getting one of these, Thanks to however found this.

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
To be clear, I'm in for a group buy too (working on a deal as we speak), but FOR WHEEL/SPARE ONLY. Looks like for safety reasons, we need to buy at least the jack kit from Ford. And I also want everything secured, like if it came from the factory. Since Brett (below posts) already did that, hopefully he will be willing to list all the P/Ns for the benefit of the forum, to make it easier for us to order them :D. That'd be great. By the way, I'll only use 120 ft/lbs on the lug nuts, like on my truck; no need for more with lug nuts IMO, but I'm not suggesting for others to do that, to be clear. Even with a Gorilla wrench, 150 is a bit much if you don't have a great back :).

Got my AA spare and Ford Mustang jack, lug wrench, retainer and plate.
All set and good to go. As previously mentioned the trunk floor doesn't sit quite flush.
IMG_20190504_1147510.jpg
IMG_20190504_1151454.jpg

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
To be clear, I'm in for a group buy too (working on a deal as we speak), but FOR WHEEL/SPARE ONLY. Looks like for safety reasons, we need to buy at least the jack kit from Ford. And I also want everything secured, like if it came from the factory. Since Brett (below posts) already did that, hopefully he will be willing to list all the P/Ns for the benefit of the forum, to make it easier for us to order them :D. That'd be great. By the way, I'll only use 120 ft/lbs on the lug nuts, like on my truck; no need for more with lug nuts IMO, but I'm not suggesting for others to do that, to be clear. Even with a Gorilla wrench, 150 is a bit much if you don't have a great back :).
Here you go. Ordered mine from TASCA Parts.

HR3Z-17080-A - Jack
FR3Z-17032-A - Lug Wrench
ES7Z-1424-A - Storage Compartment Retainer
ES7Z-17091-A - Lug Wrench Retainer

Sponsored

nms_1122

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicole
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K1166
I bought the spare only from Automotive Authority. Then I bought a Torin Big Red 1 1/2 ton scissor jack because of the super wide base for stability. Then a ratcheting breaker bar and 21mm socket because that's how I break the lug nuts loose when I swap my tires from summer to winter and back. I found that the tire doesn't sit flat in the trunk with the other parts underneath it. I wanted it to sit flat so I decided to store the jack and breaker bar behind the passenger seat. I always have the passenger seat back most of the way so that holds everything in place. Had it for about a week, no rattles or anything.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - There are too many postings to read, so I may be redundant but here goes. I ordered and received the AA spare tire kit. The tire and jack/lug wrench were shipped separately and the instructions were in the box that the jack came in. When I pulled the jack out I didn’t notice the instructions in the bottom of the box. What the hell, men don’t read instructions or ask directions anyway, right? So I installed the tire with the inside up as we always did in our old cars. When I found the instructions the next day I noticed they put the tire in the opposite from my way, with the jack underneath. Anyway, I placed my old faithful universal lug wrench (now color coded) flat on the wheel as you can see and screwed the plastic disc into the hole and tightened it down until it held my universal wrench in place. I then simply placed the wrapped jack parts inside the wheel as there was plenty of room. All the spare lug nuts and the special unlocking key lug are in the little plastic zip lock bag AA supplied and I placed that in there as well. After I took the photos, I realized I had forgotten the funnel so I just wedged it in next to my lug wrench. When I put the floor panel back in, there is no humped or raised area at all and there are no rattles. So once again my compliments to my old friend Rube Goldberg... Bruce

P.S. I obviously skipped the part about cutting out the foam from the underside of my floor panel. I might even have enough extra space for a couple of cans of beer to relax me after I change the tire.

05B2F627-83E9-46AB-A4FB-E71E5B0D02C5.jpeg
1AF34238-85A9-419B-AC01-3609648171CA.jpeg

Last edited:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey, those are awesome news. I was thinking exactly that, since it didn't make sense to put the jack first, since the tire is going to go only as deep as when the first diameter is reduced. And many wheels 'right side' extend beyond the tire, so it makes sense to put it the way you did, since the dual-diameter cavity probably prevents the wheel from touching the bottom of the cavity, which would be perfect. Can you confirm if the wheel actually touches the bottom or not? If not, no need to even line the cavity, like I was planning to do.

Finally, may I ask why you didn't want to buy the OEM jack/lug-wrench? Just curious. Take care.