Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Is this something Ford can adjust?
Maybe under warranty?
Anyone else‘s look like this, whether a Bullitt or another model with the chrome surround?
Is it “normal”, as in it is more of a design flaw than a fit and finish error?
Any helpful thoughts or experiences appreciated.

3A191E23-BB7E-43F1-93E9-07822F2BE961.jpeg

E573C402-3B8F-44F1-B03A-B3E6E0B74A2F.jpeg
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just put your window down a bit and see what happens :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
T.O.Bullitt

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Just put your window down a bit and see what happens :like:

Hookay....
:crazy:
Now that’s out of the way, please tell me if the trim is aligned on yours?
:)

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
That would drive me nuts, that's noticeable from WAY off! plus, to me, it doesn't look like your window rolls up straight, It def. looks different than mine. Does yours leak air or water?

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
These cars of this generation just do not have great body panel alignment, it's been well-documented on this site, and what you have there is pretty normal.

However, you have every right to ask the dealer if it really bugs you, and many others have had various panels like hoods and trunk lids and fenders re-aligned, whether or not it's leaking water or wind noise.

Also, though, prepare for the possibility that the dealer will leave more of a mess (aka scratches, scuffs on the plastic, etc.) that weren't there before. Experiences like that have also been documented by some.

Sponsored

OP
OP
T.O.Bullitt

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
That would drive me nuts, that's noticeable from WAY off! plus, to me, it doesn't look like your window rolls up straight, It def. looks different than mine. Does yours leak air or water?
Thanks for the feedback.
I like my Bullitt so much that I haven’t really dwelt on this flaw, telling myself maybe this is just the way they are supposed to come.
Have always meant to look at other Mustangs when I come across them but rarely see them parked, or when I do, I forget to check.
Hence the post.
Anyway, no leaks and the window goes up and down fine, I’m glad to say, but it does look like the top of the door is out just a little, too, though not quite as much as the trim, so maybe it’s something to do with the way the door hinges were adjusted at the factory?

OP
OP
T.O.Bullitt

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Just found this while searching the forum which would help me if I were in a D.I.Y. mood (I’m not).
If someone could send me a pic of a door with the trim properly aligned I’d really appreciate it as that might help me get the local dealership’s help with this, not to mention Ford of Canada.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/door-alignment-pdf.165053/

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just found this while searching the forum which would help me if I were in a D.I.Y. mood (I’m not).
If someone could send me a pic of a door with the trim properly aligned I’d really appreciate it as that might help me get the local dealership’s help with this, not to mention Ford of Canada.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachments/door-alignment-pdf.165053/
Adjust the striker as seen in the first image of the link you found. The striker will pull the door closer to the body once it’s closed/latched.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll have to take it to a Ford Servjce Center and they may need to adjust the front hinges at rh A-pillar to get the door closer to the body.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hookay....
:crazy:
Now that’s out of the way, please tell me if the trim is aligned on yours?
:)
I was looking for the simple answer and hoping that the window was poorly adjusted, forcing the top of the door out of position when the window seated itself under the upper trim.

A window adjustment would most likely be easier and give a higher chance of not showing witness to any adjustments that were made to fix the misalignment.

Anyhow, here’s the photos you asked for taken from the approximate same angles as yours :

1620029348440.jpeg

1620029370955.jpeg

Do those help ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did you manage to check anything out to fix this ?

The more I look at it, your door looks wider than the rear fender when compared to mine (which actually looks to be slightly inset) :

1620308392229.png
1620308424004.png

As that is the back of the door near the catch, it should be a simple DIY tweak and a couple of mm's might make all the difference to the appearance of that chrome trim :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
T.O.Bullitt

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Did you manage to check anything out to fix this ?

The more I look at it, your door looks wider than the rear fender when compared to mine (which actually looks to be slightly inset) :

1620308392229.png
1620308424004.png

As that is the back of the door near the catch, it should be a simple DIY tweak and a couple of mm's might make all the difference to the appearance of that chrome trim :like:

Thanks for following up.
Yes, I think it's a matter of a small adjustment but having not done it before I am going to let the folks at my local Ford dealer do it.
I happen to be dropping by there later today for them to look at it so fingers crossed that they agree to do it under warranty.

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Fwiw, it looks like the trim is bent away at the end Of the door. Almost like it has been rolled outwards. The rubber gap seems to differ.
the door looks aligned. ?
good luck
Sponsored