Sponsored

Meth Injected and Whipple Charged

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think I'd take that blower off and throw it through Whipple's showroom window if I spent that much money and made less power than the setup it replaced.

You're in CA, why not have AED tune it? He's in Norcal.
Sponsored

Will@Whipple

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So the Gen 3 is installed, but Whipple would not tune for the meth system. They "tried" to but apparently it was fighting their tune too much. So being that I am on wonderful 91 and the 3.625" pulley they only tested the car with the 3.75" pulley installed as the car was making too much boost for 91 octane. The car made 706/530, which is actually less than what I made when I was on 93 with the Gen 2. I was told that my torque converter is slipping and I am losing 7-9% power so technically I should be making 50-60 more hp. I can run Boostane or Octanium and put the 3.625" pulley back on, but I am going to do a few different tests before I drop in pulley size.

Worst part is when I got back home the car was experiencing knock again, although I was told there was zero knock on the dyno. The car feels fine, but ultimately this has been a very disappointing experience as I was hoping Whipple would be able to fix this issue. I have found a few tuners who will tune my car for the meth, but I am not going to name drop just yet. I will keep this thread updated as best I can with some results, but I believe when all is said and done the car can be up in the 770-780 range. :thumbsup:
I think a more accurate representation is in place here. When you car was dropped off with us with the Gen 2 you Dyno'd at 622 rear wheel with Meth activated this was with the tuning done on your side. With No other changes other then bolting on the Gen 3 it Dyno'd 670 with no meth. From there we made some cam timing changes and it peaked at 706 wheel after cleaning the Calibration up. We always do our best to help every customer every way possible even with aftermarket upgrades that most company's in our position wouldn't even touch, as in your case even weekend's and evening communications. We wish you all the best with your aftermarket tuning adventures :cheers:

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I think a more accurate representation is in place here. When you car was dropped off with us with the Gen 2 you Dyno'd at 622 rear wheel with Meth activated this was with the tuning done on your side. With No other changes other then bolting on the Gen 3 it Dyno'd 670 with no meth. From there we made some cam timing changes and it peaked at 706 wheel after cleaning the Calibration up. We always do our best to help every customer every way possible even with aftermarket upgrades that most company's in our position wouldn't even touch, as in your case even weekend's and evening communications. We wish you all the best with your aftermarket tuning adventures :cheers:
Will,

What I was getting at is that there was no tuning done with the meth as it didn’t work out since this post is about the meth. I’m not mad about it not working out just wish it did. You have gone above and beyond to help me so there’s no complaint there, simply reporting results that it didn’t work out.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
I think I'd take that blower off and throw it through Whipple's showroom window if I spent that much money and made less power than the setup it replaced.

AED is pretty far and you gotta remember I’m on 91 and up a pulley size whereas before I was on 93 and on the 3.625”. This was not meant as an attack on Whipple but rather just information that their tune would not work with the meth because they just don’t tune for it. Doesn’t mean their tune is bad as I have run it since I bought the blower over two years ago. I would recommend their tune to anybody looking to make good power and not stretch the limits as I am trying to do.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

So after going up one pulley size and down to 91 octane and only making 9hp less on a slipping converter less you'd be pissed?

I'd be setting my sites on 800 hp with a new converter and good gas! :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So after going up one pulley size and down to 91 octane and only making 9hp less on a slipping converter less you'd be pissed?

I'd be setting my sites on 800 hp with a new converter and good gas! :headbang:
Basically my point, glad you got what I was saying.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
curious as to what the tuning difficulty would be with the meth setup you ran, what mixture was used?

I know some people have had issues dealing with fueling and ensuring it doesn't lean out on 50/50, but it seems like pretty much everyone doesn't have to much issues with higher water concentrations.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
curious as to what the tuning difficulty would be with the meth setup you ran, what mixture was used?

I know some people have had issues dealing with fueling and ensuring it doesn't lean out on 50/50, but it seems like pretty much everyone doesn't have to much issues with higher water concentrations.
Just a matter of how much is being sprayed at this point and how to best regulate it. They didn’t go into too much detail about it and that’s okay. I understood id have to go aftermarket for the tune just like if I went E85.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Have you tried to make it non progressive, like the individual you mentioned. Might be worth a shot if you really want to use their calibration.

I have a 5 gallon tub of Methanol and also have the Boost Juice.

There is someone on here who is currently running 93 octance, a 9gph nozzle (625ml) and 3.5" pulley with Whipple's tune and he has not seen any knock. His system is not a progressive system like mine either. My car is currently getting the Gen 3 installed and Whipple is going to be working on the tune for me. I should have results tomorrow.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried to make it non progressive, like the individual you mentioned. Might be worth a shot if you really want to use their calibration.
No because after talking with him further he’s not 100% sure what it’s doing and he thinks he’s losing power too. Progressive is the better option IMO. I had it coming in at 2psi and full at 7psi, which is probably too much. Right now I’m focusing on octane first then the meth. I need to see if my converter is truly slipping and if so I’m going to have one built by Precision, then go from there.

Sponsored

estebanvdt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Roush Stage 3 Phase 2
No because after talking with him further he’s not 100% sure what it’s doing and he thinks he’s losing power too. Progressive is the better option IMO. I had it coming in at 2psi and full at 7psi, which is probably too much. Right now I’m focusing on octane first then the meth. I need to see if my converter is truly slipping and if so I’m going to have one built by Precision, then go from there.
Hey whats up with your setup? Any dyno numbers? Did you get the system dialed in? Currently installing a system to keep down IAT only, and wondering if will work.

OP
OP
V8Venom

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Hey whats up with your setup? Any dyno numbers? Did you get the system dialed in? Currently installing a system to keep down IAT only, and wondering if will work.
It will definitely work to keep down IATs
Sponsored