Sponsored

"Question" For Whipple on adding Meth to Whipple S/C

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
a) Would you recommend a meth kit be added to a Whipple installation?

b) Would Meth damage the internal coding or create corrosion of the Whipple system?

c) Should the injector be before air enters into S/C or before enters into the engine? Does Whipple offer such entry point?

Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

Last edited:

mrs2c5s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
a) Would you recommend a meth kit be added to a Whipple installation?

b) Would Meth damage the internal coding or create corrosion of the Whipple system?

c) Should the injector be before air enters into S/C or before enters into the engine? Does Whipple offer such entry point?

Thank you in advance!
Great way to cool the blower.

Nope...

Before the t-body.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
The best is at the port, but you would need 8 nozzles. You get the best detonation suppression that way.

After that, the throttle body is next best. It certainly works but the tune needs to be modified to typically take full advantage of it.

It will not damage the SC as long as it doesn't leak and you use the standard mix like Snow's premix.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Dustin, is there such entry port available with your S/C for the nozzles? I agree this is the best location to prevent detonation.

Thanks!
Not per runner, you would have to drill those.

There is a extra 6AN on the driver side of inlet that you could use. Just need a 6AN to 1/8" NPT adapter.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I think before the throttle body gives the best distribution for a single nozzle to inject. My question for Mr. Whipple is does PCM have the ability through wideband 02 data to make fueling corrections for a small amounts of meth injection.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I think before the throttle body gives the best distribution for a single nozzle to inject. My question for Mr. Whipple is does PCM have the ability through wideband 02 data to make fueling corrections for a small amounts of meth injection.
Yes the PCM can adjust, I can't tell you it will adjust enough as we haven not done the test but it would be a simple data log.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Yes the PCM can adjust, I can't tell you it will adjust enough as we haven not done the test but it would be a simple data log.[/QUOTE

Great, though it would be nice to see how much correction the PCM handle and how fast it can correct it. I'm thinking for the octane boost and knock resistance one 15 or 20 Gph nozzle before throttle body on a 150 psi pump will suffice for my needs. Just a little added octane boost to keep PCM from pulling timing under load:thumbsup:

dunnyrc51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Whippled Premium GT PP
Meth injection

Yes the PCM can adjust, I can't tell you it will adjust enough as we haven not done the test but it would be a simple data log.
Dustin when the new goodies come out for the flare will we be able to data log for you guys with Meth injection to see what it is doing?

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Yes the PCM can adjust, I can't tell you it will adjust enough as we haven not done the test but it would be a simple data log.[/QUOTE

Great, though it would be nice to see how much correction the PCM handle and how fast it can correct it. I'm thinking for the octane boost and knock resistance one 15 or 20 Gph nozzle before throttle body on a 150 psi pump will suffice for my needs. Just a little added octane boost to keep PCM from pulling timing under load:thumbsup:
I use VP Octanium Madditive on my car since I have to suffer through the 91 octane blues... The stuff is incredible. Water/meth is a balance where too much and you actually lose HP, not enough and it doesn't help so its minimal.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Dustin when the new goodies come out for the flare will we be able to data log for you guys with Meth injection to see what it is doing?
Flare currently has the logging feature disabled, you can currently use a SCT, HP Tuners, Diablo and Ngauge for logging. I don't see any reason why the cal will not work with water/meth.
Sponsored