K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
How is a manual not good for daily?
Because age catches up with you. I have a bad left knee and broke my ankle. So have arthritis. Even with hyd clutches it is painful after awhile.
Sponsored

Oxford19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0GT PP
Credit to 1320 and posting this the other day, relevant IMO.
363B5E9D-E4EB-4272-8C6E-F94473B78C41.jpeg

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've had several daily drivers that were manual. I was always good until about a year. Then it just got old.

I find my car still fun to drive even though it's an auto. I'm still not used to all the gear changing though, lol.

Screenshots_2021-08-02-13-27-49.png

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This whole argument gets silly and boring to me. 95% or more of the people on here are not racing their car on the track so 1/4 mile speeds and 0-60 speeds are irrelevant. Most of us are not good enough drivers to get the most out of the car anyway, so why the debate. I have the manual because I like driving a manual. Others have automatics because they like autos, or cannot drive the manual. It doesn't matter really. Just drive what you like and don't worry about what everyone else is driving. I have strong opinions on this myself but I am not convincing anyone on here nor are they convincing me.
It seems like the only people who care what other people drive is manual owners.

Auto drivers before the purchase: Look at options, decide an auto best meets their needs.
Auto drivers after the purchase: Drive their cars

Manual drivers before the purchase. MUST GET A MANUAL
Manual drivers after the purchase: I GOT A MANUAL, WHAT DID YOU GET? WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T GET A MANUAL?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A MANUAL!

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
It seems like the only people who care what other people drive is manual owners.

Auto drivers before the purchase: Look at options, decide an auto best meets their needs.

Manual drivers after the purchase: I GOT A MANUAL, WHAT DID YOU GET? WHAT?! YOU DIDN'T GET A MANUAL?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU! YOU SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A MANUAL!
I don't know about that. From my experience on the forums it is all the Automatic Drivers saying how much faster their cars are. In real life what I hear from people is that they cannot drive a manual and wish they could. I have no appreciable give a shit on what other people drive, I just know what I enjoy. I could have done either one but decided I wanted the manual. I ended up choosing between my car and a Mach 1, both sitting next to each other on the showroom floor this past May. I just ended up liking the looks of my car better and the fact that it had the 6 speed manual. I don't want to create an argument but I have always throughout my life pictured a muscle car as having a manual transmission.

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
1. This thread was never intended to be so serious
2. Manual transmission are more fun to drive - itā€™s true
3. Like it or not, todayā€™s DTCā€™s are faster - also true
4. Most of us think weā€™re right about everything
5. I donā€™t like being told Iā€™m wrong about anything
6. In the world weā€™re living in, people have almost completely lost the ability to leave each other alone
7. By now you must agree with most of this post - if notā€¦ wellā€¦ Go for a drive and have a nice day.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Some people think breakfast is better if you slaughter your own hog and make your own sausage.
Only if'n ya use eggs from yer own roosters .................... šŸ™„ :crackup:

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

I don't ever want to see another Manuel ................ Never ever. Worse, most have the same last name. :explode: Call out the name at the gate of the holding yard and half of them stand up. Crazy ! Only so many seats on the plane going back to Honduras ................. :crazy:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Maybe if this was a different universe where the automatic transmission was the transmission in danger of going away, lots of AT fans might finally understand . . .

Norm

Milktasd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 cobra, 2000 Sonoma LSx, 2021 velocity blue gt
I have been daily driving a manual trans for years. With traffic getting worse and the commute I have with my job, driving a manual just isnā€™t fun. So ordered a 10speed auto for a daily and still have a manual car for the weekend if I feel like banging gears. Manual in traffic just sucks.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
OK, Hereā€™s the DEAL! If you ā€œWant to drive a carā€! Again, ā€œ IF YOU WANT TO ā€œDRIVEā€ A Car!

Find a GT350! ā€œDrive a real carā€. Or maybe go test drive an Explorer! Donā€™t hate. You asked for it!
Iā€™m on a roll tonight! I blasted the service manager at my dealership for Fu#%ing up my oil change and laid into a few keyboard warriors! Things are good again!

Next?

Real menā€¦ā€¦I mean real men that would drive a manual GT350. Would also change their own oil. If you can handle the might 6 speed. You should be able to handle a ratchet. Just saying.:giggle:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Maybe if this was a different universe where the automatic transmission was the transmission in danger of going away, lots of AT fans might finally understand . . .

Norm
So, you're saying that because *YOU* want to drive a manual transmission that *I* should buy one?

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
This is exactly why I seriously doubt this will happen. The dealer associations will raise holy hell and file lawsuits left and right. This model will eliminate the spur of the moment sales where people just drop by to look at all the shiny new cars , havenā€™t done any research, and arenā€™t really ready to buy but end up buying anyway. This kind of uneducated consumer is where most dealers make a killing by bending them over. I just donā€™t see them willing to give that up without a fight.

I seriously doubt if Ford gets its way and makes everything go to an order model that theyā€™ll pass any savings on to us either.
Real menā€¦ā€¦I mean real men that would drive a manual GT350. Would also change their own oil. If you can handle the might 6 speed. You should be able to handle a ratchet. Just saying.:giggle:
More like, you try to do all of the right things to keep from having any questions if it comes to warranty issues. And it doesnā€™t work out the way it really should. What I do for a living, an oil change is nothing.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
More like, you try to do all of the right things to keep from having any questions if it comes to warranty issues. And it doesnā€™t work out the way it really should. What I do for a living, an oil change is nothing.
Understood. And with you being a gt350 owner. I completely understand why youā€™d worry about warranty issues. So what do you do for a living? Office work? Sounds very manly.

Im just fuckin with ya.:turkey::wink:

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I feel like a "looser" for reading this thread.
Sponsored