Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Can an owner purchase, Mustang shop service manuals ? Wanting the full set found and used by the Ford service center.

Yes I am aware they can be pricy, not a concern.

pep
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Do you want a hard copy book or digital?
Digital copies aren't that hard to find and range from free to a couple hundred dollars.
If you want an honest-to-god ford fsm then the people to ask are at the parts counter of your local ford dealership. If they sell them, and I don't know why they wouldn't, expect to pay several hundred dollars.
FWIW, I know Harley Davidson sells theirs and a full set is usually upwards of $500.

One other thing, a fsm can be invaluable BUT to get the full use of it you'll likely need whatever software/device ford uses and those are pretty tightly held. IF, and it's a BIG if, you could get one, they are thousands of dollars. Knowing and using Forscan can do a lot but still doesn't match the ford software.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dave & Kz thank you sir

I will look into these, Asked the salesmen when I ordered the car, about getting the set. I bought a GM truck, in the back of the user manual was a post card for manuals. Was about 3 bills if I remember. Not bad for the information they have, parts department I like that suggestion.

"Motor craft services" looks good also.

We don't need no pirated manuals or chilton

Again thanks
Cheers,
pep

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Do they even make a printed copy of factory service manuals anymore? I know BMW is all digital these days, I have the FSM's for all my other fords and would love a physical copy for the mustang. I just figured that kind of thing didn't exist anymore.

Sponsored

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Motorcraft service is great - but pricey. Its good to have to read over for the weekend (3 days) if that interests you (i did and learned so much about how systems operate).. Otherwise, my suggestion to you would be to purchase it when needed.

Printed service manuals are pretty much a thing of the past - as things change constantly in automotive these days. Plus it keeps you up to date on any technical service bulletins and, as stated, is the exact service information that the dealership uses. Something you could never get in a printed book.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The Helms service manual is all you'll ever need. $186 isn't a bad price. If I remember I paid about $250 for the paper copy for my '05 GTO.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Think I am going to start @ Ford parts department see where that leads. Online shopping for this kind of thing. To many unknowns, certainly have seen many offers.

Thanks all
pep

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Think I am going to start @ Ford parts department see where that leads. Online shopping for this kind of thing. To many unknowns, certainly have seen many offers.

Thanks all
pep
Helms that I linked above is the OEM manual - widely used, licensed by Ford - many people have used it .
Motorcraft site is literally Ford's website, it's just subscription based so not cost effective if you're not running a commercial service shop. I have used (bought 3 day subscription - twice), no unknown in either of these.

OP
OP
Rapid Red

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Helms that I linked above is the OEM manual - widely used, licensed by Ford - many people have used it .
Motorcraft site is literally Ford's website, it's just subscription based so not cost effective if you're not running a commercial service shop. I have used (bought 3 day subscription - twice), no unknown in either of these.
Motorcraft
That is the way I read it, and not for me a DYI wrench. I understand the price structure, cause it's a live evolving set of manuals,

My interest for the manuals, are more about how things come a part, torque specs & procedures.

Did discover a site selling manuals tailored for specific Mustang models. When ordering the vin of the car is ask for, find that a very interesting concept.
https://www.factory-manuals.com

It has been suggested I might give the dealer parts dept a try. And a very good idea (DUH).
If it turns out to be a dead end, will take a closer look at the above mentioned site.

My truck had a tear out in the users book, for factory manuals. The information was amazing, it even had a section telling who the paint manufacture was and polish to use, being 3M.

Best tip ever, paint looks new today truck is 99.

So the quest continues for the Mustang manuals, got time to find them, car is new.

Thanks for the input will keep a eye on this thread to learn more.

Cheers,
pep

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Motorcraft
That is the way I read it, and not for me a DYI wrench. I understand the price structure, cause it's a live evolving set of manuals,

My interest for the manuals, are more about how things come a part, torque specs & procedures.

Did discover a site selling manuals tailored for specific Mustang models. When ordering the vin of the car is ask for, find that a very interesting concept.
https://www.factory-manuals.com

It has been suggested I might give the dealer parts dept a try. And a very good idea (DUH).
If it turns out to be a dead end, will take a closer look at the above mentioned site.

My truck had a tear out in the users book, for factory manuals. The information was amazing, it even had a section telling who the paint manufacture was and polish to use, being 3M.

Best tip ever, paint looks new today truck is 99.

So the quest continues for the Mustang manuals, got time to find them, car is new.

Thanks for the input will keep a eye on this thread to learn more.

Cheers,
pep
Motorcraft gives you exact instruction of how to turn wrench and what torque to use. Trust me, I have used it. Site you quoted has the same exact content but not Ford authorized. Helms is what Ford manual is off-line, on a CD. Spend $21 on 3-day Motorcraft subscritpion and see for youself. I created pdfs of everything and have them off line on my PC so very much know what I am talking about.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If you want a liscensed product the Helms looks like the way to go. I would suggest adding the wiring diagrams as well for another $86 (at least fo my '18). I know with my Harley the wiring diagram is invaluable.

Now a question for those who may know.
Does Ford need any special equipment to diagnose the car other than the Oasis software? I ask because, on my Harley again, they use devices known as "Break out boxes" to diagnose many systems. These are boxes that you can plug various connectors into that let you sample voltages/signals to isolate problems. They are every bit as proprietary and expensive as their software.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Silver Bullitt

Threads