GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
We have too many potholes, and now cyclists and pedestrians to roll out the red carpet for now that the government has changed their priority in the highway code :facepalm:

Sponsored

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
LOL. No, because I own one and I want it to hold its value. If you already own a manual Mustang, then the best thing would be for them to permanently discontinue UK manuals. Will they ever make a UK manual again?
If you've been lucky enough to get one of the very few 2022 Mach 1's coming to the UK you can have that as a manual

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you've been lucky enough to get one of the very few 2022 Mach 1's coming to the UK you can have that as a manual
For me I would only buy any V8 Mustang as a manual, as much as the Tremec appeals and it really does appeal as the MT in the GT with the ludicrously long clutch travel and slightly agricultural feel about it, whilst i like the short throw it still is hard work shifting quick, would i pay Mach 1 money for the Tremec.....nope.

Sales are pretty much 50/50 split in the UK last time i could be bothered to look. Meaning it does not matter a jot if a GT Mustang is AT or MT. The tremec Mach 1 i suspect will be the one to have as who in their right mind would but the AT Mach 1??????????

On a side note, i actually drove the GT today, fist time since 27th December, absolutely blinding and reminded me of why these cars have so much soul and character. But fcuk me that clutch travel is epic!!!!!

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
I'm new here - sort of. I had a 2016 GT manual coupe which I sold three years ago (regrets) and now I have a speculative order on a Mach 1 manual.

Apologies if someone has said this already...the Ford UK configurator clearly shows that new GT's are auto only, but you can still spec a Mach 1 as a manual or auto. My friendly Ford dealer says he is 70% certain my car will be delivered. Certainly the order hasn't been rejected yet.

I drove an auto Mach 1 and really didn't like it - just continually changing gear for the slightest foot movement. Perhaps there is some exemption for manual Mach 1's because Ford thinks it's the only right and proper thing to do? :handsinair:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
but you can drive the auto in manual mode so it'll hold a gear til you flick the paddle no?

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
but you can drive the auto in manual mode so it'll hold a gear til you flick the paddle no?
All the times I have had flappy paddles I end up being in the wrong gear and I give up. Especially with 10 to choose from. Probably I need re-educating, but hey what's the point. I'll be skipping to the 1 gear cars after this, LOL!

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
All the times I have had flappy paddles I end up being in the wrong gear and I give up. Especially with 10 to choose from. Probably I need re-educating, but hey what's the point. I'll be skipping to the 1 gear cars after this, LOL!
yeah, some re-education required for you methinks :crackup:

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
I'm new here - sort of. I had a 2016 GT manual coupe which I sold three years ago (regrets) and now I have a speculative order on a Mach 1 manual.

Apologies if someone has said this already...the Ford UK configurator clearly shows that new GT's are auto only, but you can still spec a Mach 1 as a manual or auto. My friendly Ford dealer says he is 70% certain my car will be delivered. Certainly the order hasn't been rejected yet.

I drove an auto Mach 1 and really didn't like it - just continually changing gear for the slightest foot movement. Perhaps there is some exemption for manual Mach 1's because Ford thinks it's the only right and proper thing to do? :handsinair:
I believe the reason you can order a manual M1 is because it uses a different gearbox (Tremec) which passes the noise level test compared to the MT82 in the GT

GregT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2nn
Could be the gearbox.

Maybe for a limited run model like the Mach 1 the rules are slightly different. Anyway, I would not say the Mach 1 was quieter than a GT, generally speaking! :cool:

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Could be the gearbox.

Maybe for a limited run model like the Mach 1 the rules are slightly different. Anyway, I would not say the Mach 1 was quieter than a GT, generally speaking! :cool:
Why would UK regulations give the Mach 1 some sort of dispensation???????
Let's be very clear the Mach 1 is NOT a limited run. The difficulty/time in obtaining a new Mach 1 or GT is down to global manufacturing issues.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why would UK regulations give the Mach 1 some sort of dispensation???????
Let's be very clear the Mach 1 is NOT a limited run. The difficulty/time in obtaining a new Mach 1 or GT is down to global manufacturing issues.
Not suggesting UK did that BUT it seems plausible for them to have the rules worded to protect established UK businesses. Can you still order a Morgan with a manual, for example? If so, I can imagine the exemption based on production volume. And I can see Ford having a good enough lawyer to get courts to decide the Mach I somehow fits the wording of any such exemption.
Sponsored