Sponsored

makes me nervous

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I think it's fine but when I did my exhaust, put jack stands at the factory jacking points but I did jack up the car in the middle on the jacking rails.
The pinch weld is pretty strong actually, my cheap jacks didn't leave a mark.
Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I posted this in an oil change thread, but I'll put it here as well to show another option.

http://www.jackpointjackstands.com

They are very strong and therefore are also pretty heavy and not adjustable. But, they are very stable and easy to use.
IMG_1234.jpg
IMG_1235.jpg

FP350S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robear
Vehicle(s)
16 TY GT350
I too have seen those Steeda pics and still jack with rail but support at jacking points. IMO they may balance on rails just fine but no locking point for stands like on the lift points.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Steeda kept them short so they could be used in conjunction with a rear brace they sell as well as for minimal weight increase. I use BMR's rails which are full length and yes, heavier. I really don't mind a few extra pounds due to them as my main concern is a few thousand pounds above me when lying underneath.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Why did you take someone else's picture, make it B&W and post it as your own?

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Stable

Here is a pic of what I was referring to above. Couldn't find the GT350 pic anymore, but similar jack stand placement here.
Steeda rail.jpg

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Here's mine sitting on the jacking rails.
cquartz5.jpg

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Why did you take someone else's picture, make it B&W and post it as your own?
I never said it was mine! I just said it made me nervous, I cropped it and B&W so not be critical of anyone.

So if I offended sorry not my intention. It just reminded me of when I was kid in truck stop and I put vehicle up like that. I was told the story about the guy working under the car on his creeper. He had a stuck bolt and couldn't get a good pull and asked a helper to hold his feet. The helper had nightmares about holding his feet.

OP
OP

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
Comment on guys in trunk, the closer the jacks are together the easier to spin the car off the jacks. I just always put some thing down there with me like a tire on rim, A scissor jack up loose. Especially when I'm under my 7.3 diesel, that make the jacks groan.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I always try to shake, move and otherwise push the car off the jack stands before I get under the car. I also do the trick with rims, 4x4s or extra jack stands under the car so if it ever did move it won't completely crush me. I've had many cars up in the air through the years and I do my best not to take it for granted that the car can't shift.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
I'm one of those old farts owning a new Shelby (72). I remember when young working on those big old cars we always blocked the wheels and jacked up the corner that we needed to get under to work on with a bumper jack and dad always had me put a cement block under there and lower the jack just enough the cars weight was on the cement block. I've even straddled a ditch back then (that was dry) and got under to do engine/transmission work. I remember dad told me once when he was young he jacked up a corner of a model T and was under it and it fell off the jack (they set high) and all that saved his head was he moved it sideways a little just in time. So he was always adamant that I used a cement block to hold the frame corner I was working under. Did a lot of transmission/engine/differential work on clunkers back then that way.

Last edited: