GT350R ordered - anyone else nervous?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This will be the most expensive car I've ever had...and it's not exactly DD material. No one has actually driven them yet... It's the price of a nice M3.... Anyone else nervous? The dealer also had allocation for a GT350...thinking I should have bought that and saved some $...would ease the anxiety. ADM was the same on either, $5k.
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Yeah, I'm mostly nervous about being screwed by a Ford Dealer. Seems most of them are real dirtbags. I liken it to "Game of Thrones". The odds that you're going to get seriously farked by a Ford salesman is probably on the same level as the odds that your favorite character is murdered in an episode of "Game of Thrones", which is pretty high.

There will be much blood.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Nervous? No.

Tired of waiting, even though production really only started today? Absolutely.

My order was in the first week in May as the second one from the dealer, so I'm getting impatient - even though I knew it wouldn't come until at least October.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nervous? No.

Tired of waiting, even though production really only started today? Absolutely.

My order was in the first week in May as the second one from the dealer, so I'm getting impatient - even though I knew it wouldn't come until at least October.
It's for that reason alone that I wouldn't order so early, lol. Anticipation is :headbonk:

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
If I hadn't ordered the first day the cars could be ordered, I would have been out of luck.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Im a little nervous..mainly how it will fair being transported. I'm a pretty practical/frugal person and said I'd never spend this kind of money on a car, but the GT350 is so unique I had to make an exception.

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If I hadn't ordered the first day the cars could be ordered, I would have been out of luck.
Oh I know. I just meant that it would be nice to skip that long wait - torture!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
This will be the most expensive car I've ever had...and it's not exactly DD material. No one has actually driven them yet... It's the price of a nice M3.... Anyone else nervous? The dealer also had allocation for a GT350...thinking I should have bought that and saved some $...would ease the anxiety. ADM was the same on either, $5k.
If you don't need the rear seats, then getting the R (especially with the electronics pack) seems like a great idea. It gets you a more rare car and if you get the electronics pack you can have all the amenities and the track focused cooling in one car, which you can't do with the regular GT350.

IMO, if the dealer was charging the same ADM for both, then going with the R is the better decision. I personally went with the regular and Track Pack, but that's because I wanted the rear seats for my kids.

I think you made a great choice.

The car is much more special than the new M3/4, which is still a great car, just not as good as the GT350 IMO.

-T

OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Im a little nervous..mainly how it will fair being transported. I'm a pretty practical/frugal person and said I'd never spend this kind of money on a car, but the GT350 is so unique I had to make an exception.

It is unique...but now that I've plopped down a deposit, I'm doing even more intense cross-shopping. Audi will have some new RS models soon and I can promise they will want to compete with the M3/M4...speaking of which, I can get a really nicely spec'd M3 for about the same as this..and that adds some practicality... Is the 350 more unique than it is a great value? The M3 has all the comforts and then some...is within a few inches of length...weighs less than the R...has DCT and a headsup display...can be chipped to over 600RWHP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mustang NUT. (www.93coupe.com) - but at this price level, I'm very nervous I'm buying a lesser car just to continue being a Mustang nut...if that makes sense. YEARS ago, the Mustang was the absolute best bang for the buck (until @94). Fox body cars were cheaper and faster than anything out there, even some exotics of that time. I don't think we're ever going to see that again. Too much competition..and now that Mustangs cost what a BMW costs...dunno. I guess the true value car is a GT PP at @35k.

Don't mind me, this is my nervous wallet talking. I can afford the car but I cant afford to change my mind if I don't like it...so it's quite a commitment.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Seems to me the question isn't which is the better car, the question is, better car for what?

For what it's worth, the R will probably hold its value far better than the M3.

Sponsored
OP
OP
stanglife

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Seems to me the question isn't which is the better car, the question is, better car for what?

For what it's worth, the R will probably hold its value far better than the M3.

Time will tell... Although... I'm pretty sure I'm going to DD the R. I'm going to go for the highest-mileage R in existence. ;) Almost not joking there. I cant see not driving this thing constantly.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Too much competition..and now that Mustangs cost what a BMW costs...dunno.
That's because too many clowns, journalists and consumers alike, kept on comparing the two in performance, interior, and styling. It got stronger and stronger and now look. Yes, you can price a Mustang damn close to an M3/4. Only people we have to blame our ourselves. HOWEVER, it's not like I'm complaining per say either. Ford got the cries and responded. Performance ain't cheap. Interiors ain't cheap. Technology ain't cheap. Performance + premium interiors + technology = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It is unique...but now that I've plopped down a deposit, I'm doing even more intense cross-shopping. Audi will have some new RS models soon and I can promise they will want to compete with the M3/M4...speaking of which, I can get a really nicely spec'd M3 for about the same as this..and that adds some practicality... Is the 350 more unique than it is a great value? The M3 has all the comforts and then some...is within a few inches of length...weighs less than the R...has DCT and a headsup display...can be chipped to over 600RWHP.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a Mustang NUT. (www.93coupe.com) - but at this price level, I'm very nervous I'm buying a lesser car just to continue being a Mustang nut...if that makes sense. YEARS ago, the Mustang was the absolute best bang for the buck (until @94). Fox body cars were cheaper and faster than anything out there, even some exotics of that time. I don't think we're ever going to see that again. Too much competition..and now that Mustangs cost what a BMW costs...dunno. I guess the true value car is a GT PP at @35k.

Don't mind me, this is my nervous wallet talking. I can afford the car but I cant afford to change my mind if I don't like it...so it's quite a commitment.
First off, any audi RS model will come in at least 5-8k higher than its comparative M car,and likely still lag in performance. So I don't really consider that real competition.

While the M3/M4 comparison is a given, still a very different dynamic, especially now that BMW has gone full turbo with their M division. Really just not my cup of tea, would have been nicer to see a 4.5L NA V8 or something along those lines

Both of these germans will also be a $$ to maintain and depreciate significantly more than the GT350 and even more so the GT350R

Basically no other car can be had with a 100 hp/L NA V8 at this point, sans a Ferrari with a 200k+ point of entry(even that is going away with the 488 on the way). So for 50-60k, it is an expensive mustang, but it also also extremely unique in terms of what you get and ford has come a long way in the last decade in terms of delivering a complete package.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Show of hands, who looks twice when they see an M3/4 driving around? Now, how many will notice the 350R with the exhaust in race mode?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Show of hands, who looks twice when they see an M3/4 driving around? Now, how many will notice the 350R with the exhaust in race mode?
Saw one yesterday. Didn't know it was an M4 until I got behind it. From every angle it just looks like a 3 Series. However...she did have a VERY nice ass. Face though was just hideous.
Sponsored