Magnaride

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
The VDM flash is really what I'm after from the Kit - I would just buy 5300-W springs and flash if I could.

I reached out to Levittown Ford parts department - hopefully they can pull in soon.

Worst case, I buy 5300-W springs and calling it a day since the GT500 Dampers will have much more damping force without the VDM flash.

I think since damping force is around double per level of electrical current provided, the jump/difference between Normal, Sport and Track damping will be more significant on OEM PP1 VDM tune.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the jump/difference between Normal, Sport and Track damping will be more significant on OEM PP1 VDM tune.
nobody knows what the OE programming curves looks like. So the difference may well be the same 'linear' relationship.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
nobody knows what the OE programming curves looks like. So the difference may well be the same 'linear' relationship.
I can top that. Hell, I don't know how the maps that I came up with produce force. The whole thing is done blind. That's the Achilles Heel of the present system. The lack of a logging function or any real way to determine input-to-output relationship of the system is a massive weakness.

Imagine trying to tune an engine where your only measure of RPM is your ear and AFR is determined by your nose. Obviously guys did it, but at the time, dampers were a leather strap and a wood clamp.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Update on Lead time from Levittown Ford parts:

9602-M has multiple month LT

5300-W has multiple week LT

I'll keep looking for 9602-M anywhere I can find it but will most likely have to settle for just 5300-W

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Have all the parts and ready to install - just need to set aside time to do it myself this weekend or take it to a shop next week.

For IRS, I went with White lines KDT943 IRS lockout kit and BMR alignment dowels. I knew the IRS pucks were not metal, but man they feel like very flimsy plastic... not sure if that makes a difference compared to something as rigid as metal.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with White lines KDT943 IRS lockout kit and BMR alignment dowels. I knew the IRS pucks were not metal, but man they feel like very flimsy plastic.
it's a poly and if you go metal, or a hard poly (shore 90) you will hear everything.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
it's a poly and if you go metal, or a hard poly (shore 90) you will hear everything.
Thanks for the reassurance - The less NVH, the better. Will keep everyone posted.
Sponsored