OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
Some of you guys are so smart its mind blowing sometimes. Just curious, what do you do for a living? EE?
I run a technical training dept for a commuter rail road, abit of a jack of all trades
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
My Ghetto test rig
full.jpg

Just set it up so i can have some leverage over the shock when applying amperage

the spare ride height sensor i install on there so I can figure out what the sensor would be seeing in cycle, the shocks only have about 3" of travel and the sensor only sees maybe 1/2" its tricky to determine how fast a shock is moving when you only have a .3v range to work with.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
I can probably help with the wire. Let me know the gauges, respective colors, and amount necessary. If any will be exposed to sharp edges or exposed under the car, these should be a heavywall insulation.

Commercial vehicle grade wire is usually of GXL (std wall) or SXL (heavy wall). It is a high carbon content insulation and is VERY good for temp. and under vehicle exposure. The insulation is a bit more rigid or stiff than the more typical GPT or GPT heavy wall grade of automotive wire insulation.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
I can probably help with the wire. Let me know the gauges, respective colors, and amount necessary. If any will be exposed to sharp edges or exposed under the car, these should be a heavywall insulation.

Commercial vehicle grade wire is usually of GXL (std wall) or SXL (heavy wall). It is a high carbon content wire and is VERY good for temp. and under vehicle exposure. The insulation is a bit more rigid or stiff than the more typical GPT grade of automotive wire insulation.

ill take you up on that as soon as i have sourced all my connectors and crimps, I have 70% of what i need so far.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
sub'd to the thread, good luck with your project and looking forward to the results !

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

PistolPete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1, 2008 Dodge Ram Hemi, 2009 Honda Accord
OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP

barron64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible PP1, 6sp, 2006 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4, 2009 Acura MDX, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I love this... Good luck!
Years ago in my turbocharging Toyota truck days, I swapped EFI from a wrecked early 90's pickup into my 81 model that was originally had a carburator. Local dealer techs said it could not be done. That just added fuel to the fire. Got a factory service manual and studied the EFI wiring diagram...Needed only 5 wires, out of that harness bundle, to be hooked to get functional efi. Loved the day I drove up to the Toyota service dept!

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
Covid 19 Update:

Got my G force data logger built one of the stepping stones to getting this to work. This was pretty simple hardware wise, an Arduino, Sd card writer, display and G Force sensor.
Push button to start/stop logging and display actual G force. the hard part was getting a nice clean signal from all the vehicle noise.
full.jpg

full.jpg

Okay next step is to datalog the wheel travel. First step is hardware.
I have a spare rear subframe and lower arms so I grabbed some rivnuts and carefully riveted them into place
full.jpg

full.jpg

And the sensor in place!
full.jpg

next Item I need to get is a tap for the rear arms so I can actually fully bolt these into place and start building the sub harness

I've got the OEM connectors and pins for the sensors, now im going to order the same colour wire and gauge to match the OEM diagram.
full.jpg

Hopefully will be logging suspension travel real soon.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
So if the factory hardware for Magnaride cars is the four struts plus a controller, what would be involved with just adding those factory parts and reprogramming the computer to get a car with factory Magnaride?

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
4 struts, 4 ride height sensors, Harness and Controller. 18+ would be fairly straight forward just reflash your car with the same Forscan info as a car with Magnaride.

15-17 would require all the interior controls from a GT350 to make it work as intended.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Sounds like the wiring harness would be the problem, if the car isn't already wired to accept the hardware.

OP
OP
Cdnspeed

Cdnspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base GT/PP
It wouldn't be wired, I've sourced all the hard to find connectors, just havent put much time into this lately
Sponsored