Made It Home!

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
the 2022 GT I ordered in March arrived at the dealership today. My wife and I went over and brought it home. Anxious to pour through all the little details. I love the dealer, but do want to pull their sticker off...and it won't budge....

Anyhow...here she is.

IMG_0289.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I despise those stupid little dealer logo tags they shamelessly throw on the back of all of their cars. But...does it say "Winner" on the back of your car? That would be awesome!

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Getting rid of the dealer sticker /attachment thing was my first and only mod.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the car! I havenā€™t seen stickers put on the back of cars since the early 90s. Thatā€™s why they switched to license plate brackets. When I was buying new cars back then the first thing I told them after placing the order was I donā€™t want to see anything on the car and never had an issue.

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Congrats on the car! I havenā€™t seen stickers put on the back of cars since the early 90s. Thatā€™s why they switched to license plate brackets. When I was buying new cars back then the first thing I told them after placing the order was I donā€™t want to see anything on the car and never had an issue.
got rid of the plate bracket too.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
got rid of the plate bracket too.
Absolutely. Right in front of them in the lot too. And the front bracket better have been in the trunk or they can keep the car. :crackup:

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
I told my dealer not to put any dealer logo stuff on mine when I ordered it and they honored that request.

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
Absolutely. Right in front of them in the lot too. And the front bracket better have been in the trunk or they can keep the car. :crackup:
I agree 100%

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have always used WD-40 to get them off.

Sponsored
OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Yep...it says Winner on the back. I have worked in a professional capacity with this dealership for many years. (When my SHO came in...it didn't get the sticker.) When the dealership first opened in the 1950s, there really was a guy named Charles Winner.

It was funny as the salesman I was working with brought the car around after PDI and before it's wash so I could see it. The first thing I did was open the trunk and give the front plate bracket to my wife!

I tried a little bit of heat....and a fingernail. Will not even budge. Didn't think of WD-40. I'll play with it again. Anyhow, they sent me a photo of the Mustang as it rolled in on the trailer. I was there within a couple hours, so it's not like that sticker has been there all that long. I'll post pic of it tomorrow AM.

Last edited:

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Yep...it says Winner on the back. I have worked in a professional capacity with this dealership for many years. When my SHO came in...it didn't get the sticker. They sent me a photo of the car has it rolled in on the trailer. When the dealership first opened in the 1950s, there really was a guy named Charles Winner.

It was funny as the salesman I was working with brought the car around after PDI and before it's wash so I could see it. The first thing I did was open the trunk and give the front plate bracket to my wife!

I tried a little bit of heat....and a fingernail. Will not even budge. Didn't think of WD-40. I'll play with it again.
If you continue to have trouble getting it off even after trying heat, please post a pic of the logo. Somethingā€™s wrong; Iā€™ve never had one give me this much trouble. Also let us know if itā€™s metal or plastic.

OP
OP

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
If you continue to have trouble getting it off even after trying heat, please post a pic of the logo. Somethingā€™s wrong; Iā€™ve never had one give me this much trouble. Also let us know if itā€™s metal or plastic.
I'll snap a photo in the AM and update the thread. It looks like it might be a very thin metal...

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Iā€™ll try to watch for it.