Sponsored

Selling car after driving it home?

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
My biggest issue is the people who spend 5 to 8 grand on a supercharger kit and then sale it 50 miles later. It is so ridiculous, people are just stupid some times.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
My biggest issue is the people who spend 5 to 8 grand on a supercharger kit and then sale it 50 miles later. It is so ridiculous, people are just stupid some times.
I understand the supercharger thing more, because there's really no way to test drive a supercharger. You have to be pretty lucky to have someone near you with a GT with the exact same power adder you plan on getting that'll let you drive it, and even then it might not be the same setup (injectors, tune, fuel system, clutch etc.)

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
After hearing what some of these people’s monthly payments are I would sell too after a few months lol.

mortgage level payment on a mustang for 84 months loses its luster pretty damn quick

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Only advantage of getting older...cheaper auto insurance. I pay $220.00 per month for 3 cars with only a $500 deductible, 2020 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Focus SE and my 2020 Mustang GT PP1. I also live in one of the most expensive areas in the country in El Segundo which is in the South Bay in S. Cali. near the beach.
That strikes me as kind of pricey. We're about $96/month in Massachusetts (a known nightmare state for auto insurance costs) for my 2019 PP1 GT, my 2005 Tacoma, and my wife's 2019 Subara Forester. $500 deductible, $250k/$500k liability coverage (separate umbrella policy for claims over that) and a waiver on the deductible if the other guy hits me.

Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I LOVE driving my Mustang after a long day, and mine is far more focused/sharp and less isolating than a stock car.
I’ve driven many 10 hour days to see my kids. Very comfortable. It’s an awesome long distant car.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm afraid I don't understand that at all.

What I found - back when I had that thing called a day job - was that after a long day at the office, getting in my car for the commute home was the best way to put whatever happened during the day behind me and be the CTRL-ALT-DEL mental reset I needed. All of my cars were good at doing that; the Mustang was exceptionally good at it.
Norm
Norm I love your posts :)

What I'm trying to say is I don't have enough experience driving high performance cars and the Mustang is much more car than what I'm used to (82 hp Ford Fiesta) so It's way more involving. I work in IT so after a long day both my eyes and my mind are highly stressed so driving a car as involving as the Mustang is hard for me. I can agree that the Mustang is great stress reliever though and I love it but I feel that when I drive my Mustang I need to be on at least 80-90% on my concentration (I also leave in the European country with the highest number of car related deaths on the Continent) to not be dangerous which mean that after a long day it's hard. Also the Mustang is much more involving to drive than an regular car. For example a friend of mine have 485 HP Evo X which is much faster than my car but super easy and not involving to drive.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I LOVE driving my Mustang after a long day, and mine is far more focused/sharp and less isolating than a stock car.
It also comes down to driver skill though :)

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I see what Hristofor means, and I do relate to it. Let me tell you about my first (and so far only) experience with a Mustang.
Four years ago, as the S550 had just started being sold here, I was in a market for a replacement for my Mk4 Mondeo, and my local Ford dealer gave me a manual Ecoboost for a daylong test drive.
Now, every car has its own personality and trasfers some of it to the driver. I find I'm quite sensitive to this, meaning that my temper and state of mind can change dramatically from one car to the next. It can turn me into a completely different man.
That day I wasn't myself. For the entire duration of the day I kept feeling a deep urge to overtake everyone and everything. I felt extremely annoyed every time I had to brake a little, not to mention coming to a complete stop at a red light. I kept swearing at what I perceived were lazy Sunday drivers in front of me, until I'd look at the speedometer and notice that they were doing 50 mph in a 30 zone, so they were hardly lazy or Sunday drivers, but that's how they seemed to me. By late afternoon I was exhausted. I felt like I had been riding a wild horse. Awesome experience, but very tiring. When I took the Mustang back to the dealer and got in my own car I heaved a sigh of relief. All I wanted now was a comfortable, quiet, automatic saloon that would drive itself home with minimal input from me.
So, will I be able to live with a Mustang on a daily basis? I don't know. I really hope so, but I don't know. I'll need a lot of self-control. And while self-control may not be an issue on a normal day, when everything goes fine and I'm in a good mood, it might become one when I'm tired, or slightly upset, or in a hurry, or when some traffic event annoys me.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX

What I'm trying to say is I don't have enough experience driving high performance cars and the Mustang is much more car than what I'm used to (82 hp Ford Fiesta) so It's way more involving.
It shouldn't have to be, provided that you drive to roughly the same absolute levels of performance. Just that what took 7/10ths driving in the Fiesta may only call for 3/10ths with the Mustang.

I work in IT so after a long day both my eyes and my mind are highly stressed
In other words, not all that much different from what my job was like (various types of computerized stress analysis, so I was sitting in front of a monitor most of the day, too).

so driving a car as involving as the Mustang is hard for me.
The only aspect I can see being much different would be throttle discipline. But if you can keep your focus on being 'smooth' with that pedal - as well as with your steering and braking inputs - even that's not all that difficult (free tip - drive modes that provide exaggerated throttle response are not your friends here). Never mind that the smoother you do all those things, the more you can get away with doing before your passengers start complaining.

I can agree that the Mustang is great stress reliever though and I love it but I feel that when I drive my Mustang I need to be on at least 80-90% on my concentration (I also leave in the European country with the highest number of car related deaths on the Continent) to not be dangerous which mean that after a long day it's hard. Also the Mustang is much more involving to drive than an regular car. For example a friend of mine have 485 HP Evo X which is much faster than my car but super easy and not involving to drive.
I guess it's all in how you look at "more involving" - whether you see it as a burden because it means you have to stay a bit more focused on the driving, or as an essential part of the enjoyment because you are more focused on your driving.

Norm

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335

What I'm trying to say is I don't have enough experience driving high performance cars and the Mustang is much more car than what I'm used to (82 hp Ford Fiesta) so It's way more involving. I work in IT so after a long day both my eyes and my mind are highly stressed so driving a car as involving as the Mustang is hard for me. I can agree that the Mustang is great stress reliever though and I love it but I feel that when I drive my Mustang I need to be on at least 80-90% on my concentration (I also leave in the European country with the highest number of car related deaths on the Continent) to not be dangerous which mean that after a long day it's hard. Also the Mustang is much more involving to drive than an regular car. For example a friend of mine have 485 HP Evo X which is much faster than my car but super easy and not involving to drive.
What makes it a much more involving than a regular car? My S550 is as easier to drive as my BMW 335 and many other new stick shift cars I've driven. It has a light clutch, adjustable steering, very easy shifting transmission, etc. I don't see how a car could get much easier to drive unless it was an automatic which is also obviously available in a S550. I work in IT also. I get in the car at the end of the day and love the drive home. Although I've always driven manual transmission cars since I was 16.

My 04 Cobra is a different story. I love driving it, but the clutch takes like 47 FT LBs of force to push to the floor (I don't remember the exact number) and shifting gears definitely requires you to be more forceful with it when rowing through the gears. The shifter isn't ergonomically in the correct location either. My girlfriend loves driving it, but it tires her out driving it around all day for errands.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Sounds like you need a different setup. You can definitely make this thing involving yet very easy to drive fast. :sunglasses:
Not just car setup, methinks . . .

Norm
Sponsored